What's your dream motorhome? (1 Viewer)

M

Madwife

Deleted User
He washed up this evening as I am poorly! However he could not find where the plates went!

Now that's an idea - ideal motor home with laundry chute to washer dryer which sorted out washing, washed and dried it and folded it all! I think that's a laundry service though! Missing the laundry in Messines where the lady kindly did all of that for not very many euros!

Kath

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
He washed up this evening as I am poorly! However he could not find where the plates went!

Now that's an idea - ideal motor home with laundry chute to washer dryer which sorted out washing, washed and dried it and folded it all! I think that's a laundry service though! Missing the laundry in Messines where the lady kindly did all of that for not very many euros!

Kath

You've just confirmed our first location for us....It was already high on the list but now it's there...Numero Uno.....Anyone there do washing up......we may well have many Euros to spend on this!!!:D

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Washing up can be eliminated by using disposable plates etc!

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
You've just confirmed our first location for us....It was already high on the list but now it's there...Numero Uno.....Anyone there do washing up......we may well have many Euros to spend on this!!!:D
I'm with you Bertie and if Kath can point us in the right direction for the laundry service, I can actually have a holiday and a few beers. Magic, Thanks all now off to ZZZZland to dream about the Fairy lady and if I am lucky the OXO one too, Night all, enjoyed the banter and the thread.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I'm with you Bertie and if Kath can point us in the right direction for the laundry service, I can actually have a holiday and a few beers. Magic, Thanks all now off to ZZZZland to dream about the Fairy lady and if I am lucky the OXO one too, Night all, enjoyed the banter and the thread.

Good night mate.....my shift ends in just under six hours...then it's blanket bay for me too!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The one I've just bought ..:)

I have absolutely no desire for a flash up-market expensive van.. and no, that is not jealousy.. in my experience value of van or any other processions doesn't equate to enjoyment or happiness.
Flash expensive cars and motorhomes make *some* people jealous.. I've heard of several people selling an expensive car due to it being continually vandalised.. sad indeed.. but that is the reality of the culture of greed and jealousy... the 'I want it now' society and bugger you if you have it.. and I can't.

Nor do I want to stand out in the crowd in an aire or site.. I wouldn't feel comfortable in a mega expensive motorhome.. and how would it look when freeloading .. :LOL:

I used to hate when people came up to our RV and stared at it and tried to look in the windows.. .. some even asking to come inside to view.. :rolleyes: others taking photos.. I even had one Portuguese couple stand next to it for their wedding photos.. they didn't realise we were inside having a nap..

Being super rich does not provide a healthier happier and longer life.. .. so I don't do the lottery

but if you can afford or you want one, why not.. each to their own..

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Now that's a good question, Variomobil Star on MAN or Merc truck chassis but running sub 7.5 tonne and just under 8 metres, air suspension diff lock and jacks, lots of solar and a couple of big Gel batteries. Not that I have given this any thought of course.
That sounds about right for me too Martin, ie, go anywhere, German reliability and quality, and totally self sufficient for days. (y)
Not that we're (Rita and I) ever going to experience that sort of MH. ;)

Cheers,

Jock.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That sounds about right for me too Martin, ie, go anywhere, German reliability and quality, and totally self sufficient for days. (y)
Not that we're (Rita and I) ever going to experience that sort of MH. ;)

Cheers,

Jock.

Nice to dream though, I got the brochure at Dusseldorf if you want to drool over it.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The one we parked alongside of In the Holiday Inn Car Park in Las Vegas. Prevost, Just sat there with the gen and air con humming gently. About 40ftish.

When the door opened, Kenny Rogers got out!. SWMBO`s Jaw Dropped. I missed the picture unfortunately!!

Pete

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Nowt like the pleasure of knowing you've got it right Larry and good on you, in seven vans we've only got it right (for us) in one case an old Herald which was perfect (for us)!(y)

At least next time you know exactly what to buy Bertie(y);)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Bit worried about you fellas discussing washing up :Eeek: sounds like you are up for a sex change :moon2:
Washing , cooking , cleaning is wimmens work :imoutahere::whistle2:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A self build on one of these! Ultimate Freeloading-mobile, simply drive OVER the seaside height barriers and take up 4 car parking spaces!

1315212925DSCF0001.JPG

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am looking at a Setra coach which was converted by a Dutch boatbuilder. Fantastic build quality and not to big to tour. Talking Pat into letting me sell the fiver is another matter. She loves that damned slideout.

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Well, not a lottery win but many years of hard work and piling money into the pension fund but we now have our dream van sitting on the drive.
Our new Carthago Chic.
Just need to be able to get away now to enjoy it. Hopefully it won't be long and we will be off over the water. :)

Richard.

Lovely. I take it the quality is all they say it is?

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
A tardis. My dream MH doesn't exist.

I want to have a PVC, no tugging, no toad. I want 2 berths and a small lounge for me and Ms Tigs. I want a fixed double bed and I want a decent toilet and shower.

All good so far.. but I want to have a boat and a decent fast car with me all the time. I want enough on board water and waste for a week off grid and I want to be able to park the whole lot on my drive.

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
A tardis. My dream MH doesn't exist.

I want to have a PVC, no tugging, no toad. I want 2 berths and a small lounge for me and Ms Tigs. I want a fixed double bed and I want a decent toilet and shower.

All good so far.. but I want to have a boat and a decent fast car with me all the time. I want enough on board water and waste for a week off grid and I want to be able to park the whole lot on my drive.

I'd like one that could contain an Ariel Atom... and still be under 8 metres long!

Last edited:

redjohn151

Free Member
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer b534
Exp
I'm a newbie
Simple
I still have my old ford sierra in an old barn .
I've told my son if we won I'd have it resprayed for him.
So no brainer for me I 'd keep the old hymer b534 which I love

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jock

Are you at Peterborough, we are but with N+B owners section, I will Send you a PDF when I get off the ferry in the morning but could have hard copy at PB.
Martin, whichever suits you and Jen, however, we are at P/boro, and would love to hear of your Spanish travels over a beer or two at ours. (y) My mobile number will be forthcoming nearer the time, via PM/email. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
My dream mh is the rapido 9000, the 7.99 meter one with an island bed , this could change however after a trip to the dusseldorf Show.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well I'm lucky enough to have just purchased my dream Motor Home and I picked it up on Friday from VanBitz following having a few extras fitted.

I went to the NEC having made up my mind on the Carthago Chic e-line L 51 Linerclass model.

We had all but struck a deal when I said to Jackie that I wanted to look once more at the Frankia that had impressed me so much three years earlier.

I didn't get any further, we decided then and there this was the one we have been promising ourselves. The Frankia Platin Plus with twin singles.

The 2014 Luxury Motor-home of the year, not everybody's cup of tea but we just love it to death........Griff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back