whats your "back up meal" ? (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thank you will give em a try cos we loves Canard!

Ken try this one (y)

image.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Errr almost but cannot eat curry and l'escargot leave me cold....as for tripe yechhh I am a VERY discerning Munchie!
I work on the principle that I won't eat any animal that can't run faster than me!:whistle:

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We carry quite a few cans of,casoulet,coq au vin, ravioli, chilli con carne!!
We talk about what we are having to eat and then we go down to Mama's in Benidorm for Special Chicken and Chips at 5 €, and the cans go home for another summer in the garage.
Cheers
Ed :)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Chilli con carne, rice, tins tuna, soup, tinned fruit, evaporated milk, not tried cassoulet as it looks pale and uninteresting and tasteless but from lots of you saying you like it perhaps I should try it - one day!!

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Pasta putenesca ( anchovies and chilli in oil from tin .. Simmer with passata from carton add black olives ) serve its pasta and Parmesan .
Tuna pasta with tinned sweet corn- boiled pasta raw onion mayo
Tinned potatoes fried in oil with turmeric and chilli powder added separate curry out of jar / tinned pulses and rice.
Or just peanuts and lager.... Cold day in hell indeed when van runs out of last 2 xx

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Never had Cassoulet, will remedy that! I would be gravely ill if we ran out of fresh food! always carry crackers, cans of Tuna, Salmon, box of Cup a soup, lots of store cupboard staples in small quantities. I suppose bacon and eggs or an omelette if anything.
We set off with emergency part baked rolls and small packs of flour, could always bake scones! always take some home made raspberry jam so he would tuck into that. If kids were with us pancakes!
Have thought if we went to Norway or somewhere expensive to shop we would have lots of corned beef hash. Fridge and freezer would be full of meat / fish / cheese and we would justify purchase of a waeco or extra large cool box. We did start off with lots of tins but used very few so took two carrier bags full out. Haven't missed them.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
The Harvester Carvery or McDonalds......(y)
Much as the very thought of a Big Mac makes me cringe, in France, McD do offer very good coffee and they have a separate area where you order coffee and cakes. When travelling down to our village by car it's the first choice for coffee and a widdle.;) No idea if they are as good in other countries.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
"obviously it takes time to select a good wine to go with it and I have been known to spend more than £2.50 on a full bottle - occasionally!(Yorkshire born and bred)"

HOW MUCH!

Had to be said. Fellow proud Tyke

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Fray Bentos steak & kidney pudding - yum
I always have the big S & K pie in stock when 2 of us are travelling. When it's just me I have the individual one too. And also pasta and a jar of green pesto. But usually I eat fresh, and must now check the dates on my pies!!!

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Irish stew. It's all in one tin. Or two if Management want's a taste. :whistle:

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Always have a few eggs which you can always 'whip up' into a tasty meal, a few tins of Big Soup and a tin of Bockwurst sausages and par-baked bread rolls.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
We used to have a tin store and realised that we did not use it and that most of the food we would not eat at home so why inflict yourself on holiday.
However, on our last trip there was a human error (obviously not mine) and the bacon was forgotten. Now being a kind soul I only grumbled for 3 days but her ladyship managed to find a more than acceptable replacement in Carrefour. It is made by Herta and called Poitrine, fine tranches, fume (presumably there is a non smoked one). It is smoked streakyish bacon but there is no white scum water exuded from it as you cook, something long gone in all but the most expensive UK bacon. Well worth a try for any bacon aficionados.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Never tried tinned cassoulet but had it many times for lunch in restaurants. It's on every menu in the languedoc. Very nice but huge calories and we both have a weight problem so no more than once a month.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back