whats wrong with the combi boiler? (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Can anyone shed some light on this problem?
We have swift voyager 695el 2010 model and the heater last year we were fine on number 2 and just need to put it to number 3 at night when weather was colder, now the heater needs to be on 4 overnight and put up to the max of 5 when getting up in morning, why the change from lst year, it managed -17 last year without extra heating, this year we are going to have to put an extra fire on to keep us warm
It is a truma combi boiler and we have had a habitation check in march this year, does it need servicing?

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Don't know the answer but I have found that I now have to put the heating on at home sooner and can't put up with being so cold..........:Sad:

Maybe it's just a symptom of getting older:cry::cry:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I've tried to be a scrooge with the heating at home this year and, do you know, I'm quite getting used to it. Don't think I could do it in the van though, that always seems to be a damper kind of cold. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The heater is definately not as warm as it was last year and it just got down to -2 last night, god help when it get really cold.
We couldnt stick it on 3 last year now its on 5 most of the day.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Have you checked all your pipe work to ensure no tears or pipes off?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yes thought it could have been that so got Tez to check all the pipe work as its blown air, nothing amiss there.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
How do you do that?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Not sure on your Model Trish, but it can be done. Mine used to be adjustable. Why not PM Ash or mark CLS and ask them? they both service swifts. Or check in your handbook, only yours may be different to mine

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As Paul says.. def worth checking the thermostat mate..
Just because it SAYS you are winding it up to 4 does not mean it is going there !

Also worth checking the flue is clear

Also might just need a service.. After all, it is just a boiler/heater as in your home, and we tend to get those serviced ( read cleaned out ! ) regularly, yet folk do not get it done on their van

nickbailey

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Leics
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Chieftain
Exp
since 2005
We have had a similar action on our 695el where if you leave the control dial on no. 3 the blown hot air is fine. But turn it lower and you may as well turn heating off. On other occasions when you first turn it on it sounds like a jumbo jet engine blowing on maximum trust. But where oh where does Swift place the Thermostat ??

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Check your ducting pipes! One of ours came away from the boiler, i extended the pipe so tha the concertina pressure keeps it in place.
The difference is incredible!!!

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have had a similar action on our 695el where if you leave the control dial on no. 3 the blown hot air is fine. But turn it lower and you may as well turn heating off. On other occasions when you first turn it on it sounds like a jumbo jet engine blowing on maximum trust. But where oh where does Swift place the Thermostat ??

Sold our 695el now, never did find the thermostat.
We were told that the thermostat was the actual dial you used to turn up the heat.
We bought an older Autosleeper, not one regret! !
We would never buy another swift.

Reactions: JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back