What's the rules regarding selling a van for a lapsed (and ill) MHF member? (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
My good friend (who was responsible for getting me into motorhoming) is reluctantly having to part with his Motorhome due to a potentially serious illness.

I have offered to help him and his partner facilitate the sale during this worrying time as they are not savvy in selling on forums or the Internet. Also, their minds are on other things!

I note from our classified ad's section that this is for 'subscribers only'. He is a lapsed member of MHF, so my question is, what are the rules about this?

Obviously, we can't have all and sundry advertising here and rulz is rulz, but any advice would be appreciated.

James

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I would have thought that you personally could list the van and receive any initial enquiries. An exchange of phone numbers via PM would then follow, be it your number or that of your friend.
Other members have previously listed MH's for friends and relatives. No doubt Jim will advise if I have got this wrong.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
That sounds like a sensible solution. Help for a past member who is unwell and possibly a good buy for a current member.
Best of both worlds I'd say.
Shows what a great forum this is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
That sounds like a sensible solution. Help for a past member who is unwell and possibly a good buy for a current member.
Best of both worlds I'd say.
Shows what a great forum this is.

Exactly my thoughts and exactly the response I would have expected from de guvnor, may his name always be praised.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back