What's the Most important item in your van that you just could not do with out on your travels (1 Viewer)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I just couldn't survive without my 'Sat-nag'
When the electronic bit of kit gets it wrong or I make a slight error such as creeping slightly over the speed limit she is excellent at finding us a better or alternative route and is quick to advise me of my misdemeanour.
Bless her, she cooks a mean evening meal as well. If only I could get her to empty the toilet cassette as well. xxx

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
So far we have only done weekends away but I'd say my iPad, we don't currently have a TV and no plans to get one, but the iPad acts as a route planner, and entertainment when needed, I always have a film or two on it for when we have no 3G signal and when we do there's bbc, Skygo, Netflix, Amazon plus I always download 10 or so episodes of a TVs series, west wing is our current MH series, been ages since we watched it so it seems new again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lynd57

Free Member
Aug 5, 2015
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2015
So far we have only done weekends away but I'd say my iPad, we don't currently have a TV and no plans to get one, but the iPad acts as a route planner, and entertainment when needed, I always have a film or two on it for when we have no 3G signal and when we do there's bbc, Skygo, Netflix, Amazon plus I always download 10 or so episodes of a TVs series, west wing is our current MH series, been ages since we watched it so it seems new again.
If you get bored - You just have to watch 'Suits'. Lots of strutting around the office but very good. Ladies will love Harvey Spectre and ALL the boys love Donna!

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I've been trying to persuade my dearly beloved that Ebikes and a dog trailer is a good idea. Do you use them a lot?
Having just hired our eBikes before committing to buying them I can only say they have changed my view on cycling. When out the other day round trip of 50km and it was a breeze with loads of battery life still left. Have already removed scooter rack from our MH ready and now just got to decide when and what make and model to buy.
Cannot comment on dog trailer, but have seen a few here in Spain being used.

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
If you get bored - You just have to watch 'Suits'. Lots of strutting around the office but very good. Ladies will love Harvey Spectre and ALL the boys love Donna!

Already avid suits addicts, all the men wear suits too small for them and the women dresses too small for them.

How Dave still has this show is beyond me, I'd have thought sky would have pinched it off them by now.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sat nav ... means hubby can argue with it when he doesn't obey the instruction!:D

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Keep them coming love them all but I still can't decide what must say and what must go lol x Kate

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988

Wouldn't mind sharing some of Harvey's special macallan with him in my moho, :h::h::h:

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
I've loved reading all these answers. We don't have a one time favourite, but what we do have now is an understanding that everything on board should have a multi purpose and we stick to it as best we can. I'm not sure what mine is or his to be honest o_O

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Breaking bad whole series recorded kept us glued on one of our trips early in the year, last year or maybe year before. Brilliant.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I enjoy cooking so tend to take too much cookware and cooking accessories :rolleyes:, I like my cooking toys.. :LOL:
but you don't need 3 different size frying pans, a full set of pots, casseroles etc etc .. so have cut it down to the bare minimum ..
Oh goodness I am the worst for too many cooking toys, Colin despairs of me and just looks skyward when something else arrives in the van.

List to date and still being carried in the van:

Remoska - simply the best bit of kitchen kit ever bought.
Slow cooker - used maybe once a week, more in winter.
Pressure cooker - used when touring and off EHU.
Double skillet - used all the time.
3 different sized frying pans - just because they came in a set!
3 different sized saucepans - as above.
Hob top oven (as recommended by @chockswahay )
Cadac BBQ- just changed from the Carrie chef to the Safari.
3 ring portable gas hob, using everyday at the moment but not when touring, unless on a site and the weather is good.
Silicon veg steamer
Hand held electric blender
At least 3 very good sharp knives, there maybe more at the back of the cupboard somewhere!

I really need to get a grip and cut down on all this! :rolleyes:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
My darling wife.

Have to do it in big letters, her specsavers are not that good.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Corkscrew & spare corkscrew!!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back