Whats the best foling chair/Lounger (1 Viewer)

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Time has come to look for some new Chairs/Loungers
any suggestions as to the best to get, Price /Quality/Comfort/? :thumb:

Thanks
Chrisboyo

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We have some Lafuma chairs and recliners. And they both wearing well. The recliners are very comfortable but bulky. We also have 2 umberella chairs from Towsure for when we need something easy to carry.
For comfort the Lafuma win hands down.

Andy

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Chairs or lounger ?

Never found a good lounger that was also a good chair and visa versa ..

Lafluma are by far the best and the most expensive.. we've had a pair of chairs since about 1995 .. and still like new.. been on countless holidays + full time for three years.. light enough to carry to the beach .. expensive when bought, but cheap if you cost how much you will spend on cheapies over the years.. aluminum frame so no rust and very light.

Recently bought a pair of Lafluma Loungers, the very last word in comfort but they are heavy due to having a steel frame so perhaps not idea for a small van or where payload is at a premium .. .. they can be used as chairs but not idea.. too low for sitting at a table.. bought primarily for lounging in the garden..

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have tried them all over the years and as Jim so rightly says a lounger is no good for sitting at a table and vice versa. Am also of the opinion that if it doesn't do at least two jobs it doesn't get a ride. So I went for the Dukdalf camping chair, with the high back and for lounging I got the footrest that slides underneath when sitting at the table. The frames are aluminium and the backs recline. Have had them over 5 years now and they are still as good as new. The Lafuma is comfortable but you cant sit at a table and eat with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Like Jim & Dave, we never found a single chair good for both lounging and sitting. We bought a couple of directors chairs at a local camping shop. Don't know the brand but they are comfortable and wear well.

One thing we have noticed with directors chairs is that some have the back fabric connected to the seat fabric and some don't. The purpose of the former seems to be to stop draughts but all the ones we've seen have a smaller seat measurement front to back that those with separate back and seat. Ours are the latter and we find them more comfortable as a result of the slightly bigger depth.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
lounger

I bought a dukdalf lounger at peterborough cheap a few years ago, and this year bought a couple of chairs. They are really light being aluminium.
Worth keeping an eye on flea bay. They do come up.

S:Cool:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I bought a dukdalf lounger at peterborough cheap a few years ago, and this year bought a couple of chairs. They are really light being aluminium.
Worth keeping an eye on flea bay. They do come up.

Hi Sue, am not quite sure if I bought mine in Holland or Germany. Do they sell them in the UK, as a mate keeps asking if he can get them here.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
lounger

If you check their website, it gives the UK distributor. I got a couple of chairs sent to me direct from Holland and they only took a few days. Very pleased with the service.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Chairs or lounger ?

Never found a good lounger that was also a good chair and visa versa ..

Lafluma are by far the best and the most expensive.. we've had a pair of chairs since about 1995 .. and still like new.. been on countless holidays + full time for three years.. light enough to carry to the beach .. expensive when bought, but cheap if you cost how much you will spend on cheapies over the years.. aluminum frame so no rust and very light.

Recently bought a pair of Lafluma Loungers, the very last word in comfort but they are heavy due to having a steel frame so perhaps not idea for a small van or where payload is at a premium .. .. they can be used as chairs but not idea.. too low for sitting at a table.. bought primarily for lounging in the garden..

Thats true. Longers are OK, but not for eating amd can be a little bulky. Ive never found a "one stop" chair, we need something to park out bums on to eat, or rest when at any type of show (landrover, grandchildren etc), and something comfortable to rest on as the evening draws in, the problem is, space and weight are at a premium with a MH. Good luck hunting, let us know how you get on.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
It has already been said, I have a pair of Zero Gravity Reclining Chair Cream like the ones Johns Cross are selling and they are extremely comfortable but useless for pulling up to a table.

Good Price at £59 too...........Griff:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thats true. Longers are OK, but not for eating amd can be a little bulky. Ive never found a "one stop" chair, we need something to park out bums on to eat, or rest when at any type of show (landrover, grandchildren etc), and something comfortable to rest on as the evening draws in, the problem is, space and weight are at a premium with a MH. Good luck hunting, let us know how you get on.

Dukdalf recliner with separate footrest, does both jobs.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I knew there were some photos somewhere. These are the Dukdalf recliners.

Attachments

• Morocco 144.jpg
    Morocco 144.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Morocco 128.jpg
    Morocco 128.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 55

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
We have some Lafuma chairs and recliners. And they both wearing well. The recliners are very comfortable but bulky. We also have 2 umberella chairs from Towsure for when we need something easy to carry.
For comfort the Lafuma win hands down.

Andy

Nice chairs if you are of average weight.....if you are heavier...there is a weight restriction in the small print.......I my fabric stretched but my dealer swapped them for Dukdalf which have been great.

barry

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
lounger

They do one's that hold 200 kg which is just over 30 stone.::bigsmile:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Lafuma's for me, had mine about 8 years or longer, seems wve had them forever, Im not light but theses been no noticable sag.

heres a tip

If you store them in the van (rather than in a garage or locker) buy cheapo nylon sleeping bags (around £3/4 ) as a cheap padded bag, it saves te woodwork from knocks

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We've had Dukdalf chairs with slide out leg rests for 20 years. They are still like new. I think Lafuma are more comfortable (the zero gravity ones) but heavier and I can't think of a good excuse to carry a heavier load and spend money when the others are still in such great nick.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I knew there were some photos somewhere. These are the Dukdalf recliners.

I also found some..
first picture 1996 Dorset , second 2008 France .. same chairs.. look similar to yours Dave ..
as you can see, they recline a fair amount.. very comfortable, but not true 'loungers'

Attachments

• img232.jpg
    img232.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_4988(1).jpg
    DSC_4988(1).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

jazz

Free Member
May 19, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16yrs previously 25years caravaning
We had 2 Lafuma loungers very comfortable but quite heavy, my son now has those & loves them, we bought 2 Dukdalf recliners, much more comfortable than the Lafuma & reclines right back, ideal for afternoon siesta, not cheap but well worth the money lightweight & comfortable :thumb: Highly recomended

don't know how to insert photos

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Time has come to look for some new Chairs/Loungers
any suggestions as to the best to get, Price /Quality/Comfort/? :thumb:

Thanks
Chrisboyo

After reading all the posts on this, i am convinced I need a couple of Dukdalf chairs, question is where would the best deal be found at this time of the year, someone clearing stock maybe ?,anyone any suggestions please
Thanks,
Ken. :thumb: :drink:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
They do one's that hold 200 kg which is just over 30 stone.::bigsmile:

Yes thats the one with the Swing ticket labelled " Suitable For Really fat Bastards"

Still a bit on the narrow side though.I bought one but had to have it surgically removed !

barry:Smile:

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
dukdalf