Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
What is actually the best cleaner for the outside of the van, I have a few black streaks that Ive used the normal on but still the greyness. Is it just more and more scrubbing

damar

Free Member
Nov 22, 2013
buckinhgam bucks
Funster No
MH
autocruise star spirit
Exp
first van in 1967
What is actually the best cleaner for the outside of the van, I have a few black streaks that Ive used the normal on but still the greyness. Is it just more and more scrubbing

Right or wrong I have always used hot water with daz in it gets rid of most black marks, and has never affected the paint on any of our vans.:winky:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Foster tits lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
fenwicks black streak remover does work but its hard work....contrary to the bottle blurb.
Last time i had to remove streaks i used a gentle application of 'T cut'.

Maybe a bit gentler would be metal polish...brasso etc.

Once removed give it a really good wax....not the all in one shampoo and wax stuff, just proper wax and elbow grease

Doesnt seem to be so much of a problem on american paint finishs.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hello.
I use Fenwicks for the c/van,m/home and car,cannot fault it,Fairy liquid was good,but every one said it had a lot of Salt ?.. in it,so stopped using that. Best of luck.
Tea Bag

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
generally all ways used the Fenwicks products ie Motorhome cleaner followed by Bobby Dazzler and overwintering fluid etc, But I also came across this http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0035ACI7U/?tag=mhf04-21 used a damp sponge to apply it and wipe off as you go found it to be a really good cleaner and pretty easy to use.

lilac lill

Free Member
Sep 15, 2012
Worksop
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt - I think!
Exp
Since 01/09/12
One of the tips I had off here was 'Elbow Grease' from Poundworld.. at yup £1 per bottle. :winky:
Thought I'd give it a try as if it didn't work it wouldn't matter cost wise, but what a surprise... it's fab..!
I add some to the washing water, but also have the spray bottle for the 'stubborn' marks.
Black streaks gone with no tiresome scrubbing..... Give it a shot, if it works for you great, if not, you're only down a quid. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back