Whats not to miss?

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Geegee, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Geegee

Geegee Funster

Hullo peeps, I've got a month driving north through Spain. What shouldn't I miss? Mountains, lakes, forests and unspoiled beaches are my thing. I remember once seeing a photo of a inland beach and bay somewhere where the sea came in through a hole in the cliff. Loved the Pico's de Europa on my way down, so a return visit is a must. Whats your recommendations?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rapido925M

Rapido925M Funster

Vulture Rock in Montfrague National Park - Gordon

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Geegee

Geegee Funster

Thanks, looks nice. The inland beach is Playa de Gulpiyuri. I knew I wasn't dreaming. The plan is a month for Spain a month for France, winding my way back so no great hurry. I prefer to wildcamp or use aires with a campsite every few days for showers and things so am looking for overnight stops also.

4. Geejay

Geejay Funster

The site at Monfrague (see ACSI) is good, and as you asked on another thread, is actually owned by the "council" but run by a local family.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. jumartoo

jumartoo Funster

Weather permitting Aiguestortes and Ordessa (both National Parks) in the Pyrenees are worth a visit. Aiguestortes has lakes and mountains. You can't drive right into the park but you can take a landrover trip or walk or cycle from nearby villages.

• Thanks Thanks x 1