What's lurking in your cupboards ? (1 Viewer)

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Just finished making some welshcakes for the meet in Shrewsbury this weekend.
Get your tickets now, its not quite too late !
Hope 5 doz will be enough !

Anyway, I moisten the currants in a little brandy, finished the bottle of cooking brandy today. Looked at the label, it was a half bottle of spanish brandy Carlos I, i like hot brandies.

The price tag said 1495 Pts.

Given that the Euro launched (or started its slow sink) in 1995 that means the bottle is over 15 years old, more likely nearer to 20years.

So what you got lurking at the back of the 'booze' cupboard you once loved now have forgoten about ?

Peter

PS also got the remains of a bottle of Bacardi I bought in 1973 ! Does it improve?

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Got a couple of bottle of champers from 1979 bet they are horrible now ! Mark has some old whisky (I have know him 20 years and never know him drink anything except coffee ) so don't know where that come from.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
my booze cupboard only contains old bottles that other people have given me from the back of their cupboards, I am happy to act as a clearing house for old booze hee hee. Nice to be of some use.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Don't have a "booze" cupboard (Blood of the Devil) but when searching for some electrical tape yesterday I found a couple of (special raisin free)) Welshcakes that had "escaped" How I will never know...:Sad:

JJ :Cool:

PS. If there are Peter H's Welshcakes on offer it is reason enough to attend the show... never mind any other attractions like the dealers and Sunshine Mountain climbing etc

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I have a bottle of Port which is god only knows how old! If you look at the painting 'The Last Supper', its' the bottle third from the right, in front of the guy with the shifty look on his face. Still in the cupboard.

And a bottle of Champage which is about 6 years old - should go off with a bang later.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Got a couple of bottle of champers from 1979 bet they are horrible now ! Mark has some old whisky (I have know him 20 years and never know him drink anything except coffee ) so don't know where that come from.

How have you got me bottled :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It depends what champers you have and how its been stored ...when we visited the champagne houses they showed us vintaged bottles of champers that werre worth a fortune ( nope didnt get a chance to taste those) so would ask someone first before giving / throwing them , you could be lucky :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: if not i am only down the road :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We seem to have Amarretto (SP) n Chivas Regal in our cupboards for years

Kath

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Green with envy

Booze in our house never lasts long enough to find its way into a cupboard.........must be Joyce drinking it hic:wine:
We love Welsh cakes and have yet to sample Peter's but that will have to wait for another occasion as we can't make this one.

Have a great time everyone...wish we were going to be there.

Just a thought Peter,do you do mail order?::bigsmile:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We got rid of a few bottles bought on holiday (always taste nicer then) including a shocking melon liquor :Doh: We also discovered a Monbazilac wine which must be 20 years old (it's stored so not certain, how it's survived this long is a mystery frankly :Smile:).

I also have a 70 proof absinthe that I acquired somewhere but have yet had the courage to open :RollEyes:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
When my granmother died many years ago we had to clear her house out, at the back of an old larder, tucked away was a wooden box, cobwebs holding it together, in it we found kilner jars filled with preserves made god know when, we also found 3 bottle of rum, 1938 still drinkable, I know I got rat-ar#ed on some.
:drink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back