Whats it for (1 Viewer)

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Only picked the motorhome up at last weekend ,when being given the tour round the last owner didnt seem to know what this is ,his words were never had to use it so coundnt be bothered to find out ,any ideas autoquest 400rl 2003[ALink Removed

Link RemovedTTACH]4446[/ATTACH]

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
If it is near the fresh water filler point, I suspect it is a 12V socket to power a free-standing submersible pump. I believe one of the water carrier systems (beloved of the caravanning community) made such a unit in order that you could top-up on site without moving to the tap (or buying a very long hose). The idea is that you take a roller tank to the tap, then park it next to the filler point on the van and drop in a length of pipe with the pump on the end. The free end then goes into the van's filler point and you transfer the water.

Philip

gogocrosby

Free Member
Apr 2, 2009
Morpeth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
12 years
If it is a 12 volt socket it will be for one of these
!Bf(d7uQ!mk~$(KGrHqYOKj4EsD))VVgKBLB!Pr(f9w~~_35.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Your're gonna love this,it looks like a cigarette lighter !!!John P.:thumb:.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes, as others have said, it is a 12 volt socket for a Euro plug (a bit different from the standard plug which fits in a cigarette lighter socket).

When we bought our Autoquest 100 it came with a submersible pump fitted with one of those plugs. Very handy for topping up the fresh water tank when on site - like Newark next week. We just use a 25 litre jerry can rather than a special roller tank.

Graham

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
assuming it is 12v socket for water pump. Can someone please explain to a simpleton why you would need an electric pump rather than a funnel

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well I would have sworn black was blue it was a bbq socket..... anyone like their steaks RARE! :Doh:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Cos 40+ltrs of water is very heavy to lift off the ground!!!:thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb: must weight at least 40 kg :roflmto:

in saying that, never saw the sense in carrying a hulking great aquaroll rather than a hose.. and if it's just too far away a watering can does an excellent job ..

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Have to agree with couple of posters looks like 12v socket we have an autoquest and it has on next to the fresh water tank.

Wild man i tried a funnel and its not easy to hold a funnel and can at same time. We have used ours a lot while wildcamping as we have found taps that we cant get motorhome near like in grave yard so fill up our 25l container and stick the pump in min or 2 later thats it.

Have a look in the motorhome to see if there's a small pump i wasnt told what mines was for and had to work it out as the pump was still in its bag unopened.

Gerry

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
WOW. Guess what ..... after two years I've just found I've got one too. (Takes me back tobeing a teenager!:Blush:_) but I think mine is a tv aierial socket:Sad:

OP
OP
oddjob

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Whats the chances of this ,whilst out on the job today whats parked up on a driveway ,
the exact motorhome number only 2 digits off same year and colour
Couldn't resist went and knocked on the door ,I'm getting there guess what it is !!!!!:whatthe:

For those who said 12 volt socket for a water pump give yourselves a pat on the back:thumb:.:thumb:

and the same to you:roflmto::roflmto:
oddjob

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
This is what it is designed to work with. There are a few versions - some have a different 12V plug.

Philip

>> Link Removed <<

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back