Whats included with a new hymer? (1 Viewer)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Yes I am sure my Hymer was intact when it first arrived.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We bought two Hymers a few years ago. Everything was an extra. They probably have the engine as an option now as greed is there god. Thought about one last year but after looking them over the quality is now very suspect compared with a few years ago. My local dealer at Darlington didn't appear to have a clue.

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Mine came with a grill pan, a baking tray, an oven dish and the all useful shoe horn which I have used on the heiki roof lights, it also had spare wheel, first aid kit and ehu cable which is still in wrapper as not needed.

Oh and @peterc10 I also found another hanging rail under shelf in wardrobe so now have more hanging space!!

Other things like sat nav, reverse cam and Solars I negotiated good price for.

Liz

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
We bought two Hymers a few years ago. Everything was an extra. They probably have the engine as an option now as greed is there god. Thought about one last year but after looking them over the quality is now very suspect compared with a few years ago. My local dealer at Darlington didn't appear to have a clue.
We are now on our second new Hymer and I must say that (after just a couple of weeks) the quality of fin and robustness is very good on this one but wasn't on the van we had just before

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We are now on our second new Hymer and I must say that (after just a couple of weeks) the quality of fin and robustness is very good on this one but wasn't on the van we had just before

We are very impressed with the quality of ours. Couldnt believe how quiet the hab area is when driving. :) Our Chausson was very noisy with everything rattling around.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
After ten years and 3 RVs hated the idea of a 3500kg ice cream van but an old Hymer and now a new one has given us an ear to ear smile , a bit smaller but luv em :lips::lips:

Reactions: f6c

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you mean the drop down bed ours has what they call exciters under that which turns the whole underside into a speaker. The same with the bed headboards in the rear. The spec had said they had fitted rear speakers but I could not find them at first!
Last Hymer was a low profile Tramp with a French bed had a big sub woofer under the French bed.

I could hear them but not see them. Found them behind the solid wood bedhead
Those rear speakers do give a good sound distribution in the van but can only use them when wilding which suits us. If you go outside the van when they are on the sound outside is louder than inside, stupid idea burying speakers in the rear wall.

Must admit starting to get a bit fed up with my Exsis although the build quilty is not that bad it is not up to the standard of our last Hymer (2008 van) thinking again about Carthago's if I can live with their poor washrooms designs. I suppose I shouldn't really complain about the Exsis it's a cheapish van built to a price & weight.

Reactions: f6c

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
How can anyone even think of ruining a beautiful bacon butty (dripping with fat mixed with butter on soft, white, sliced bread) by putting an egg in it?

Sacrilege.

JJ :cool:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
How can anyone even think of ruining a beautiful bacon butty (dripping with fat mixed with butter on soft, white, sliced bread) by putting an egg in it?

Sacrilege.

JJ :cool:

It's the proper way to have it.
Bloody peasant! :)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Back When???. Hymers where regarded like BMW`s, and Even Audi`s. YOU bought the base vehicle. And the proceeded to add the "extra`s" Like?, Radio?, Full Oven, T-V Points, (ok not in the car) and the list was endless!. By the time you got the car to basic Japanese factory Spec; you had just added a couple of grand!. It was a huge success as a Marketing Exercise! ("Dorc Van Tennic" or some similar crap).

I had a X pack 2,8 Granada, The full Monty Leather for half the price!.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Couldn't live without a grill - what would I do for breakfast?
French bread with French unsalted butter & French cherry jam & fresh coffee what else could one possibly want for breakfast :LOL:

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
French bread with French unsalted butter & French cherry jam & fresh coffee what else could one possibly want for breakfast :LOL:
Thats all very well and quite nice now and again, but you can't beat a full English brekky!

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
can anyone tell me what you get with a new hymer? I mean things like a fire extinguisher, power lead etc?
I think you get a smug look and know it all attitude for free :rofl:

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Lots of envious comments from non-Hymer owners :D:D:D.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Reminds me of the time when BMW were trying to make inroads into the car market. There was never a Radio fitted, That was extra. Like many other 'STANDARD" fitments in vehicles from the from the fatherland.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Lots of envious comments from non-Hymer owners :D:D:D.
After spending loads of time looking at what you get for your money, the only envy I have is the belief that they are value for money . I would like an A class but to be brutally honest they are over priced ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back