bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Maybe they will build new campsites and aires. They need the mindset of the motorhomers to be that they cannot 'park' for free wherever they like. It would have been a very expensive exercise to build facilities to find that so many preferred to 'park' elsewhere....Jane

Oldyamyam

Free Member
May 4, 2012
France
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 1991
Hi Guys,
Very interested to read these posts. We are on our first trip down to Spain and currently in El Naranjal in Javea. Been there for several days, lots of Brits plus some from Netherlands & Germany. Just a few spare pitches. We were thinking of moving further south to Murcia in the next few days, but after reading this having second thoughts. Any comments, including recommendations would be gratefully received.

If you are thinking of Murcia, try 'Banos de Fortuna' about 30kms north of Murcia if you have the ACSI book it is number 2446 on page 486. It's a fantastic site with it's own hot spring swimming pool! If that one is full there is another site about 500 metres away which have also stayed on, not as good but bigger pitches with own water and drainage.

Dave

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
If you are not after an all singing all dancing campsite, try this one, it is in the aires book. It is very peaceful, lovely views, €7 per night - washing machine €3 - excellent free wifi, it's inland a bit, but worth it. If you are into walking, the owners have issued maps with the walks you can take. There is a garage in walking distance that sells fresh bread baked on the premises, every day, plus groceries but no fruit and veg. The village of Totana is a bike ride away.

N37 degrees 47.575' W001 degrees 30.585'

The owners are Spanish but Judy and Martin (English and Fun members) also live on the
premises, both couldn't be more helpful.

Nigel and Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Second that Sundowners, we will be returning there on our journey home, a definate on our list.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
It's significantly busier here in Morocco than last year on the sites which we have revisited. The vast majority of vans here are French, probably 95%. Seen several sites where vans are parked on adjacent roads or waste land just waiting for a place.
And I don't have any explanation why there should be more.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It's significantly busier here in Morocco than last year on the sites which we have revisited. The vast majority of vans here are French, probably 95%. Seen several sites where vans are parked on adjacent roads or waste land just waiting for a place.
And I don't have any explanation why there should be more.

Morocco has been getting busier each year for the last 20 years, with no dips in tourism, but Spain on the other hand reached a peak around six or seven years ago and has been steadily trailing off since. Until this year which is busier than I ever remember it. I know the Scandinavians are becoming more of a regular feature on the Costas, but that should balance out with more Brits deserting Spain for Morocco. I dont think its wilders coming into campsites from the beaches. As once a wilder, always a wilder. There was never many wilders in Benidorm anyway. Am still convinced its something to do with the economy picking up. With people having more disposable wonga.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
.............................. I know the Scandinavians are becoming more of a regular feature on the Costas, .............................

Funny you should say that. I definattely noticed a lot more this time. In fact, yesterday as we drove through the back of Albir, I came across a new (to me) site that I didn't know existed............... www.lacolinacaravanpark.com. Looks brand new and very nice but (and that's not a negative "but") the thing I noticed as we walked round was that approx 50% of rigs on site were either Norweigan or Swedish with the rest being Dutch. The other thing I noticed was that the vast majority had Morellos or NB's............big rigs.
They must have some brass up there!:winky:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Funny you should say that. I definattely noticed a lot more this time. In fact, yesterday as we drove through the back of Albir, I came across a new (to me) site that I didn't know existed............... www.lacolinacaravanpark.com. Looks brand new and very nice but (and that's not a negative "but") the thing I noticed as we walked round was that approx 50% of rigs on site were either Norweigan or Swedish with the rest being Dutch. The other thing I noticed was that the vast majority had Morellos or NB's............big rigs.
They must have some brass up there!:winky:

That site has been there a couple of years and I too have noticed the high end rigs on it. Did you notice how close together they are ?. Its a nice location, but to far for me to walk for bread every day.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
That site has been there a couple of years and I too have noticed the high end rigs on it. Did you notice how close together they are ?. Its a nice location, but to far for me to walk for bread every day.

OOps, sorry I thought you meant the one on the promenade.

Deleted User
I would agree with you about more Scandivanians, have noticed a gradual increase over the last few years but particularly this year.

We are on Camping Ria Formosa near Tavira in Portugal which has been busier this year, despite the weather for the last two weeks.

Fewer Brits this year, more Scandivanians and lots more French.

Sun's out again now ::bigsmile:

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Second that Sundowners, we will be returning there on our journey home, a definate on our list.

Carol when are you going back that way? We are in Portugal at the moment but would like to see you again in Totana.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Carol when are you going back that way? We are in Portugal at the moment but would like to see you again in Totana.

Hopefully about 15/18th March, on the way home, was as good ad it gets for a stopover. :thumb:

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
That being the case JJ I would have thought all the more reason for the place to be empty :RollEyes:.
Seriously though, I know there are more and more Scandinavians coming down for the winter, but there also seems more Brits here than normal. Even pitches that are normally not occupied ie, shaded summer pitches are now taken. Is it a sign of the economy picking up ?. Lets hope so, for everyone's sake :thumb:.

It's probably more a sign of the economy not picking up & people are just fed-up & realise they don't have to sit at home enduring the weather here. And maybe people are realising they may as well spend all their money now because the more you have the more they will take off you in later life.

Dot

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
Morocco has been getting busier each year for the last 20 years, with no dips in tourism, but Spain on the other hand reached a peak around six or seven years ago and has been steadily trailing off since. Until this year which is busier than I ever remember it. I know the Scandinavians are becoming more of a regular feature on the Costas, but that should balance out with more Brits deserting Spain for Morocco. I dont think its wilders coming into campsites from the beaches. As once a wilder, always a wilder. There was never many wilders in Benidorm anyway. Am still convinced its something to do with the economy picking up. With people having more disposable wonga.

Are you sure the economy is picking up? I think Britian is heading for a bigger crash than before - it is still in debt, still getting deeper into debt & how is it going to pay that debt back? I agree with Martin Armstrong (Armstrong Economics) (because he's more intelligent than me) that it's all going to go belly up next year or at least before 2017. Time will tell - would love to be proved wrong!

Dot

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Are you sure the economy is picking up? I think Britian is heading for a bigger crash than before - it is still in debt, still getting deeper into debt & how is it going to pay that debt back? I agree with Martin Armstrong (Armstrong Economics) (because he's more intelligent than me) that it's all going to go belly up next year or at least before 2017. Time will tell - would love to be proved wrong!

Dot

Anyone that can charge $3950 for 3 talks and a cocktail party is some economist :Cool:.
I think I will take my chances of looking after my own money :RollEyes:.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We have noticed loads of wild campers around La Manga. They have taken over a car park all parked side by side and it seems every time we turn a corner there is a motorhome or two wild camping.

I cant understand why you would spend over 100k on a brand new motorhome, then park it on waste land, with no water or disposal, when there is a campsite down the road for 14 euros a night!

The Spanish are complaining, especially when motorhomes are parked in front of their apartments or villas. The police regularly tour around but as soon as they are moved on the motorhomes just turn up somewhere else!

If it was happening in the UK they would not be called motorhomers they would be called something much more unsavoury!!!

Ginny

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm with you Teasy. I can't see any fun standing outside an expensive m/h with arms folded thinking I'm enjoying myself
Give me a campsite any day where I can erect my awning, have table and chairs out in the sun and have a few friends round for a bbq.
I often wonder where they steal their water from!!!

Deleted User
We have noticed loads of wild campers around La Manga. They have taken over a car park all parked side by side and it seems every time we turn a corner there is a motorhome or two wild camping.

I cant understand why you would spend over 100k on a brand new motorhome, then park it on waste land, with no water or disposal, when there is a campsite down the road for 14 euros a night!

[HI]The Spanish are complaining[/HI], especially when motorhomes are parked in front of their apartments or villas. The police regularly tour around but as soon as they are moved on the motorhomes just turn up somewhere else!

If it was happening in the UK they would not be called motorhomers they would be called something much more unsavoury!!!

Ginny

Surely not !!!

I have been led to believe by other funsters that the Spanish and Portugese welcome the freeloaders with open arms.

Only UK ex pats in their bungalows complain :Smile::Smile:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Surely not !!!

I have been led to believe by other funsters that the Spanish and Portugese welcome the freeloaders with open arms.

Only UK ex pats in their bungalows complain :Smile::Smile:

Why would anyone welcome an 8 metre long by 3 metre high motorhome parked in front of their house, blocking the sun, the view etc.

I am sure there would be loads of complaints in the UK!

Ginny

Deleted User
Why would anyone welcome an 8 metre long by 3 metre high motorhome parked in front of their house, blocking the sun, the view etc.

I am sure there would be loads of complaints in the UK!

Ginny

I quite agree, my earlier comments were posted with just a little hint of irony :Smile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back