What's happened to Lilypad Leisure? (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Tried to look at the Lilypad Leisure website (of Windblocker fame) for a few products tonight, but just keep getting an error with a picture of a large cat and a statement to say that the website can't be found.

It's not my fingers or system because I've tried a few routes.

I seem to remember something being mentioned about this a few days ago? Have they ceased trading? Or is it a website fault?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Try this.

Gunco La, Macclesfield SK11 7JL
Broken Link Removed: 0845 230 5260 (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Still active according to companies house records.
I reckon its their website domain lease has expired.

The companies house data doesn't mean anything. That might only get updated once a year. Even if they've ceased trading they don't have to submit final accounts immediately.

You're right that the website has expired but the question is whether it's intentional or because of a cock up.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
See the post in the middle of this page.
Poster is lillypad leisure ltd
Web addy is as above.

Screenshot_2016-11-20-20-15-56.png

Reactions: Jim
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Maybe just thought the change was a more appropriate name. If you didn't know, would Lillypad mean anything to you?

Possibly but in its target market Lillypad Leisure and windblockers.net had gained a bit of a name and a reputation.

If it was a straight rebrand you would keep the old website up with an announcement and a redirection to the new one.

By doing it quietly they lose the goodwill and the reputation associated with the old name/brand.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
I always thought that My Sunshade and their Gemini Model slightly lower grade copy of the Lilypad Leisure windblockers but LilyPad were selling the Gemini at shows last year.
It looks to me that they have been bought out by My Sunshade

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It looks to me that they have been bought out by My Sunshade

Good idea but not the right one.

The director of Lillypad Leisure is the domain registrant of mysunshade.co.uk

It's definitely a rebrand but it's a bit mystifying as to why they've handled it so clumsily.

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Tried to look at the Lilypad Leisure website (of Windblocker fame) for a few products tonight, but just keep getting an error

What are you looking for James? There are most likely other suppliers with the same or very similar items

Cheers

Trevor

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
We bought windblockers at Lincoln Show and in conversation about after sales service he talked about another company(not selling same type of product) calling themselves Lillypad and when their customers had a complaint they would find his telephone number/website when google searching and he was annoyed they had used similar name and getting tired of telling people they were ringing wrong company. Maybe this is reason????

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
What are you looking for James? There are most likely other suppliers with the same or very similar items

Cheers

Trevor

Hi Trevor,
Just wanted to browse really. Christmas and a birthday coming up and I fancied a wind blocker panel (or two) as a prezzie - even though I'd have to wait whilst they made it. I've always been impressed when I've seen them at shows with that big electric fan 'proving' that it stops a breeze. The other reason is that it would give a degree of privacy on some packed foreign sites and keep the nose-ointments at bay!

However, I've got a pukka windbreak that I hardly ever use, so it may just be that I'm doing the 'kid in a toy shop' routine? :)

One of my son's favourite quotes is, "I know you want it dad, but do you actually NEED it?"

Do I NEED one? Probably not :D:D

PS. Thanks to those who provided useful info on Lilypad/Mysunshade.

James

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We bought windblockers at Lincoln Show and in conversation about after sales service he talked about another company(not selling same type of product) calling themselves Lillypad and when their customers had a complaint they would find his telephone number/website when google searching and he was annoyed they had used similar name and getting tired of telling people they were ringing wrong company. Maybe this is reason????

His company his still Lillypad Leisure, that hasn't changed.

All he's done is change the website from windblockers.net to mysunshade.co.uk

The new website looks very cheap and basic like it's been knocked up very quickly. One problem is that there's no SEO on it.

The people who know and recommend his product tend to know it as "Lillypad windblockers"

Unfortunately for him if you Google that, or even just Lillypad, you get his old defunct website and the trading address and contact details of Lillypad Leisure so any potential customers who don't happen to know about the website change won't find him at all.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Sanitary towels would be more use than there awnings:)
Unless, of coarse, your disabled, and cant lift a heavy awning any more?? :cry: In actual fact, they are very good, take a minute to put up, keep out almost all of the wind, and about 90% of the rain. The beauty (for me), is that the whole thing weighs in at about the weight of a bag of sugar.

So no, I dont need sanitary towels these days, but I do need a lightweight wind resistant easy to dry blocker, and this fits the bill. :)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
So no, I dont need sanitary towels these days, but I do need a lightweight wind resistant easy to dry blocker, and this fits the bill. :)

Well aint that part of the body's unkind ageing process! No sooner than it grows out of ST's it needs wind blockers.
Sigh :whistle:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I have their current details?. Unfortunately, they are?, In the Motor home, which is currently undergoing a Gearbox "resection" about 120 mile away. Sorry:notworthy:

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
As someone already said, Mr Windblocker can be somewhat irascible and claims to not like selling but his regular salesperson is ill (ill humoured last time I saw him) and that Mr Windblocker only enjoys the privacy of working in the 'factory' but needs to keep his sales outlets open.
I cannot agree about the Windblockers being of little value, for I have found them to be generally well constructed and effective against wind and to a lesser degree, rain.
I do wish he would employ the ladies who used to sell them and he could double his sales.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I have have just rang and ordered a set using the number in this thread

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We turned up to look at windblockers some years ago. We hadn't got out of the motorhome before "he" was out with a tape measure :LOL:. We left some time later with a small bag of adjusted blockers and did find them to do the job stated. Unfortunately they don't fit our present van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back