What's for dinner today.. (1 Viewer)

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
hi guys an gals. wat yers cooking for dinner today, for myself,it is roast chicken,roast spuds,roast parsnips, and the healthy bit ,peas an green beans, all with a good lash of gravy......my point is, i am cooking for the week,and as i have also done a beef curry, a beef bourguignon,and a shepards pie, i portion it all up and bung it in the freezer.just wondering wat you guys doo, especialy the solo,s...:Smile::Smile::Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We're a duo but often cook more than needed and freeze it.

Last weekend we got a ham hock at the farmers market. Cooked that in the slow cooker. Nice dinner for two with a baked potato and sweetcorn and plenty left over for sandwiches the following lunchtime.

Put the stock in the fridge and left a packet of dried peas to soak overnight. Next morning took the fat off the stock just leaving the jelly. Boiled up with the peas, a carrot, an onion and a little water - result, four generous sized portions of thick pea soup (two of which are in the freezer.

Total cost about £5. Who says good food is expensive? :Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Big piece of topside browned in garlic butter in a big frypan,then in the slow cooker with celery,carrots,onions,soy sauce,beef stock,thyme,and marjoram.Cook for 9 hours.
Meditaranian pan fried veg to go with it.
Only healthy stuff here.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Porridge for breaker's, toast and jam for lunch (very healthy for diabetics but super seeded brown bread) and tonight have and steak with some rice for dinner

I ain't cooked toast for a week though:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Todays dinner is what we would of had on Friday night if we hadnt had to come home. I bought a chicken breast in gravy from Asda, mashed potato and a large bag of veg plus I bought extra chicken gravy as I can microwave them all, and we have a dinner whilst away. Breakfast this morning was coissants and lunch maybe chicken korma that was last nights tea. Well gotta use it all up or it will go to waste.

Dale

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Last sunday my wife made cottage pie, made with real cottage,

this sunday she made shepherds pie, made with real shepherd,

next sunday she is making coq au vin, but l think l will have a pub lunch.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We're a duo but often cook more than needed and freeze it.

Last weekend we got a ham hock at the farmers market. Cooked that in the slow cooker. Nice dinner for two with a baked potato and sweetcorn and plenty left over for sandwiches the following lunchtime.

Put the stock in the fridge and left a packet of dried peas to soak overnight. Next morning took the fat off the stock just leaving the jelly. Boiled up with the peas, a carrot, an onion and a little water - result, four generous sized portions of thick pea soup (two of which are in the freezer.

Total cost about £5. Who says good food is expensive? :Smile:

Yummy, that's exactly the sort of thing I would do. I wouldn't like to tell you how many dinners I got out of the Christmas turkey. We had turkey and bacon pie, stir fry, risotto all quite a few times, and we're just about finished now.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
We have just had Tofu and Chinese chive also beansprouts with sliced pork soya sauce and ground olives oh yes and Thai rice

Hmm feeling very satiated :thumb:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I'm feeling hungry now ::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Just had four weatabix in hot milk as I am on boat and cannot be arsed to cook or get up off my backside to go the the pub :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I've just made sausage rolls, Delia's recipe.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

sammy_n_brett

Free Member
Feb 15, 2011
walsall
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
just the a misses

just get a misses and let her burn the food everyday no need to freeze anything :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back