What's been your best or worst MH gadget? (1 Viewer)

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La ChĆ¢tre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Not a motorhome gadget, but for me the best thing ever is google earth. you can see (not real time of course) anywhere on the planet (almost) and drop in sat nav coords and see before you get there... streetview amazing tech and the people that make it work. its amazing stuff

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
Worst Remosca ... even managed to burn my shoulder on it! Only keeping it because it does great Pizza nights at home.
Also a dozen tubs of green toilet tablets, plastic coating disintegrated and now all stuck together, going to blitz them all in a food processor to see if that helps.
Best Redmond multicooker, love versitility and hinged lid. Great clean cooking. Some old models like mine for sale from Redmond website at just Ā£36 now .... Might buy another!
Also love my microwave and steam bags, very quick, no mess, no pans.
Husbands best Lafuma recliners and air con.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Best for me is solar and inverter as it gives us the freedom to park anywhere and still have power, second has to be the hydraulic levellers as they cost a fortune.

Worst is the Diablo sandwich maker thing.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Worst Remosca ... even managed to burn my shoulder on it! Only keeping it because it does great Pizza nights at home.
Also a dozen tubs of green toilet tablets, plastic coating disintegrated and now all stuck together, going to blitz them all in a food processor to see if that helps.
Best Redmond multicooker, love versitility and hinged lid. Great clean cooking. Some old models like mine for sale from Redmond website at just Ā£36 now .... Might buy another!
Also love my microwave and steam bags, very quick, no mess, no pans.
Husbands best Lafuma recliners and air con.

Just had a browse at the Redmond multi cooker on their website. Looks very impressive & also do smaller wattage ones. I like the idea of being able to programme it so can switch itself off. Any idea how they compare with the Reloska for size & storage or even cooking for that matter. Biggest issue I have with the Remoska is the handle, makes it bulky. This looks more compact for packing in a locker.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
One of my best purchases...
:)

image.jpeg

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Best Solar Panel, and Quest Pop up Gazibo.
Worst Oyster Satellite System.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
Just had a browse at the Redmond multi cooker on their website. Looks very impressive & also do smaller wattage ones. I like the idea of being able to programme it so can switch itself off. Any idea how they compare with the Reloska for size & storage or even cooking for that matter. Biggest issue I have with the Remoska is the handle, makes it bulky. This looks more compact for packing in a locker.

Hi @Madmag Its probably the size and shape of a deep fat fryer with a nice deep bowl, did curry for 12 in it last week and just sausages for breakfast this morning, can warm stuff in it just like an oven, bake, shallow or deep fry, steam, slow cook etc, it fits under the bench seat in my motorhome, I agree handle on remoska a pain size wise and didnt really have anywhere to safely put when lid off, the hinged lid is great. Saves gas when paying a site fees, cleaning is a real doddle and its easy to programme when you get the hang of it. On the down side it wouldnt be easy to fry an egg in it because it is so deep. The whole thing has a carry handle too which is nice if you are transporting food elsewhere. I suppose it can be any sort of cooker you want it to be. Like the remoska it doesnt need constant attention, when I cook sausages I sit down and drink my coffee. Cleaning wise it really controls cooking splashes and I usually just wipe it out with kitchen roll to prevent crud going down the wate, then just wipe it with a soapy then none soapy cloth. When I get chance will get it out of motorhome and take a photo of both items so you can compare, I havent looked at the different sizes.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Sounds good & I have just found some technical specs on website so off to compare size and weight of it to the Remoska.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Had a look & a measure. Iy looks great but possibly a bit big for the area I would want to store it in. The one advantage of the Reloska is that you can spilt it into bits to stack. Also I have a shallow pan as well as the deep & find that really quick & useful. Very tempted to try one for home though, the price reduction is amazing although have to add another Ā£10 for p&p.
Thanks very much for your help Granjan.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I like simple things. So, best purchase is a Water Block (made in Italy). It clips onto the fresh water inlet and is vented. I use a short length of food grade hose pipe connected to a flat hose. I know there are other products which do the same job but this one is so simple and will connect to most inlets.

26712a.gif

My second best is an adaptor with a 3 pin outlet so I can plug in a 240v circuit tester. I can then test the EHU bollard to see if anything is working before setting up camp.

gw64204.jpg

May 16, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
VW T4 Compass Calypso
Exp
Since 2007
For me its got to be all round cctv.
I fitted 6 cameras plus a low level reversing camera, and have a 360 view of my surroundings, even in the dark as they are IR.
When blacked out have a good IR view of immediate surroundings, as well as a record of the journey, which we often enjoy seeing the scenery again, while relaxing in bed! Hooked up to a WI-FI router, I can download through LAN when at home. Good security assurance when wild parking.
IMG_5222.JPG
IMG_5225.JPG
IMG_5229.JPG

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Best buys, Battery Master, after losing 2 hab batteries and awning strap down kit.

Worst buy, nothing yet but give me time, I' m still learning. :rofl:

Hymie

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Battery Master, after losing 2 hab batteries

I'm confused.. ..

Battery Master monitors the engine and the leisure batteries constantly and whenever the engine battery needs a ā€˜boostā€™, Battery Master allows a safe and regulated controlled charge.

how does it protect hab batteries ?

or do you have a different product .. B2B charger perhaps ?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Best Solar Panel, and Quest Pop up Gazibo.
Worst Oyster Satellite System.
What's the problem with the Oyster Satellite system or is it that the broadcast footprint has been reduced?
Personally I enjoy being away without TV so now don't bother with taking the portable dish.
Just interested as Oyster supposed to be the bees knees!

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Best buy..Windblockers
Worst buy...collapsible colander. Great idea unless you want to do it on your own outside...it's too soft to hold with one hand so you need a kitchen assistant.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Oyster supposed to be the bees knees!

not everyone I've met thinks so..

met a guy at Mimizan aire, couldn't get his Oyster to lock on.. brand new van , brand new Oyster.. no TV

we were sat next to him, I put my Broken Link Removed auto dish up and it locked on on 40 secs.. he gave up.. never found out what was wrong but he wasn't best pleased.. his wife less so..

I looked at both before buying and decided on the the Alden AS4 , .. I bought from Vanbitz and installed myself.. it's a great bit of kit , has never failed .. south of France it was still finding Astra 2 .. it comes with a lifetime warranty..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Best - Solar, Alden AS4, Cadac, Non Starter, Pioneer Truck/Camper Sat Nav module, Sanef tag, iBoost

Worst - Remoska because we've never used it

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
couldn't get his Oyster to lock on.. brand new van , brand new Oyster.. no TV

That happened to me earlier this year, one quick look through MHFun Forum and Sat/tv Guy had written the december upgrade longhand and Bosh, back in business.

I must say most of what is written here, cruise control / solar etc, comes as standard on my van, the Hydraulic Jacks whilst still impressive don't come as high up my list as MHFun membership. I have saved a lot of money reading the forums made a lot of friends and had a lot of laughs.

I wouldn't have been a member if I didn't own a MoHo so I consider it a must-have accessory.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
ha ha.. I forgot about that folly.. .

Mine went to Room 101 .. ie Jim's Classifieds.. :LOL:

I've had more success with it in the UK than in Europe as in finding open networks to connect to.

It always finds networks in Europe but they tend to be secured ones so I can't connect.

It does exactly what it claims to do - i.e. find and boost signals. I tested it outside my house just after I bought it, my phone found 7 or 8 networks, the iBoost found about 30.

I don't think you can reasonably blame the kit for there not being unsecured networks in range of where you happen to be can you?

I should note that I am not a BT customer so have no access to their Wifi or FON.

There is an app, that I won't link to here because I'm not sure how legitimate it is, where people share Wifi passwords that they've acquired. It's map based so when you open it it displays the ones near you. That's come in handy a few times :whistle:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I don't think you can reasonably blame the kit for there not being unsecured networks in range of where you happen to be can you?

never blamed it for anything.. did I ??

this was discussed at length on the iBoost thread..

It's like a lot of stuff.. Marmite, Cadac, Remoska, et al... some love it.. others don't get on with it.. that's all I said ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back