Whats at the NEC show that you saw and liked, that isnt a MH. (1 Viewer)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Is there any gadget or widget worthy of looking for, not going to look for anything other than stuff, unless they have something with an 8000kg payload that runs on cold tea and does 90mph.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
The Ginsters pastie I had in my pocket for a half way round nibble.

Oh, and I was really impressed by the levelling system I saw being demonstrated and have started saving up the five grand it costs already.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
We looked for and found one of those dual coffee holders that when fitted are located on/across an opened central glovebox on Peugeots/Fiat etc. So now we can both store our hot drinks safely when on the move - that was a result. I must admit that I was quite impressed with the show, its layout inside and the NEC is a brilliant central venue in the UK easy to access either by van, car, train or even plane ! Best venue in the UK for any event.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Some of the park homes were quite nice but pricey, apart from that didn't see much of interest at all, we already have the hydraulic jacks(y)

Martin

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
We looked for and found one of those dual coffee holders that when fitted are located on/across an opened central glovebox on Peugeots/Fiat etc. So now we can both store our hot drinks safely when on the move - that was a result.

Did you find that at the Peggy Pegs/Mirrorguard stand? He's at most of the MH shows. Definitely one of my better buys (y)

Reactions: Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Did you find that at the Peggy Pegs/Mirrorguard stand? He's at most of the MH shows. Definitely one of my better buys (y)
We bought the mirrorguards :Dfitting them today as it's a nice sunny day after yesterday's chaos. We were tempted by the cup holders and I'm a bit regretful we didn't buy them...but we don't usually have hot drinks in the cab....we'll see how much we could have used them as time goes by:unsure:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Nothing except a cheese (and almost anything) grinder on a BOGOF @ deal £10(y)

Going in again tomorrow 'cos there must be something worth parting with some cash but it won't be another overpriced grotty toasted sandwich. :eek:

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Airstream caravans, although not much evidence of UK input.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Not knowingly met any other Funsters today :(
Had a good value Balti in the entertainment marquee (y) .. but not impressed with the entertainment this year so far, had to leave this evening as it was too loud.:confused:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
i will be there on Friday with Aly1 and Debs (both considering downsizing to a PVC) should be fun, and if I remember I will wear my badge!!

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Great to see you both. We are in again today. Hope more wear their funster badges and say hello!
Bernie & Rona.(y)

Have a good day today you two don’t spend too much money .

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dometic stand !
Two Dometic engineers on hand to sort out techy questions..
I have now found out that although the new fridge is ( should be ! ) auto-change over there is a £120 lump missing ..

Saved me hours of head scratching :)

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Have a good day today you two don’t spend too much money .
Thanks managed not to spend much but we are also now proud owners of a black cloth Morello bag. Decided they are too much to wash and polish so didn’t order.Will buy lottery ticket though. Just arrived at Britstop 701 near Sheffield and looking forward to a pint or two and some pup grub!
Cheers
Bernie & Rona

Jul 4, 2013
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
IH 600RD
Exp
Since 2017
Nothing except a cheese (and almost anything) grinder on a BOGOF @ deal £10(y)

Going in again tomorrow 'cos there must be something worth parting with some cash but it won't be another overpriced grotty toasted sandwich. :eek:

£10 ? If it was the cheese mill that does nuts, crackers , smarties ,chocolate, hard boiled eggs etc I paid £15 for my BOGOF. Was I had over ?

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks managed not to spend much but we are also now proud owners of a black cloth Morello bag. Decided they are too much to wash and polish so didn’t order.Will buy lottery ticket though. Just arrived at Britstop 701 near Sheffield and looking forward to a pint or two and some pup grub!
Cheers
Bernie & Rona

Well done on not spending much and getting a Morello bag, maybe we will see it being used if we catch up with you somewhere this winter.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
So there we were walking round the show yesterday, thinking that we don't have anything to buy there, when all of a sudden out of nowhere came a slippery salesman who convinced me that I needed a new Avtex TV!
It was the last thing I was thinking of that day, but I left his stall over £300 lighter and feeling defiled.

Pete

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
We looked for and found one of those dual coffee holders that when fitted are located on/across an opened central glovebox on Peugeots/Fiat etc. So now we can both store our hot drinks safely when on the move - that was a result. I must admit that I was quite impressed with the show, its layout inside and the NEC is a brilliant central venue in the UK easy to access either by van, car, train or even plane ! Best venue in the UK for any event.
That sounds like a good idea. We have a "muggy" on the floor in front of that glovebox. Having the cups a bit higher would be more convenient. Do you recall the stand number?

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
It was last year when we went and the stand was Mirrorguard and cost £40,l hope that you are successful this has been really useful.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Cheers
Bernie & Rona

That's not fair, I wanted one of those bags last week when I was at the MORELO factory but they had all been sent out to the NEC and Paris show. Can't complain as the bag was for my 6 "free" Morelo mugs so at least I got something.

Factory tour was very impressive, currently assembling a Morelo to take a Ferrari, seems very little is standard and no production run of certain models, everything being made was different.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
I find them useless if the ground is soft enough to get them in then the slightest breeze pulls them out and as for the ground in Spain, no chance !

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
That's not fair, I wanted one of those bags last week when I was at the MORELO factory but they had all been sent out to the NEC and Paris show. Can't complain as the bag was for my 6 "free" Morelo mugs so at least I got something.

Factory tour was very impressive, currently assembling a Morelo to take a Ferrari, seems very little is standard and no production run of certain models, everything being made was different.
Who said life was fair! Ok you have tugged at my heartstrings. Pm me and I will post to you!

Cheers
Bernie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back