What's acceptable for damp test readings? (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Just had damp test done (July) on our 'new to us' Carthago van. Would be grateful if anyone could help with what are 'acceptable'levels/readings.
Muchas gracias!
Ann & Mike

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi,I think as you are in the Salford area you may have a problem as its always raining there :).I have a damp meter /moisture meter with 2 prongs on and it reads 22/25 % if you put it on your hand so I wouldn't be too worried if you are having readings on that level also meters should be calibrated at regular intervals to maintain accuracy what sort of readings are you finding?

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
From

0 – 15% No Cause for concern

15-20% Require further investigation Consideration should be given to re-checking the area in three months with the average of all readings taken.

20-30% Remedial work required, there may be early signs of water ingress or evidence of moisture. Resealing and internal work may be required; again, consideration should be given to re-checking the area in three months.

>30% Structural damage is occurring, deterioration inevitable. a full strip down of the affected area is required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ann&MikeMancs
Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Haha. You got me on THAT one!

It's been tested on OUR say so, at the dealers. When we take it back for more of the snagging list to be rectified,they say they'll test it again.

We have a reading of 20 (X 3) going up by the door and an 18 at the top, all on the opening side, as opposed to the hinge side. There is a tall fridge by the entrance. One reading (the highest) of 23 is in the rear side 'wall' towards the roof.
Just worried, as folks on here may recall we had an older van,where we found loads of similar issues just two weeks after the dealer warranty ran out! This van is 2012.
Cheers
Ann

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back