What!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have just replaced out van with a brand spanking new one. Our old van fitted on the driveway, but this one is too long. We rent some land and a couple of stables for the Beauty Terrorist and daughters horses, so we are now storing it there. Had to get some guys in to attack all the overhanging trees etc to get it down the lane.

So yesterday my daughter was mucking out when a chap who lives in a palatial house adjacent to the fields came over and said to her....

Him: "So they've spent your inheritance on that then...."
Daughter "it's their money they can do what they like"
Him "yes but is its a bit selfish isn't it? That must of spent about £70k on that, just think what you could do with that money.."
Daughter "I have no idea how much it cost and I don't care.. Are you just trying to wind me up?
Him " No not at all, just think they are not looking after you......."

Cheeky bastard!!!!

Fair play to my daughter .... Her final response was.." Stop being an envious miserable bugger, my brother, sister and I have always been looked after and we do not for one minute begrudge Mum & Dad whatever they want to do with their hard earned money, not one bit. Now how about you piss off...." That's my girl!!!

Cheeky bastard...

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Apologies for the language by the way.....

Was the Victor Meldrew in me coming out ...:):)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Total pillock ... the chap not you or your daughter! :D

Just a word of caution - has the land you rent got permission for you to store a caravan/MH on it - some have restrictions that don't allow them at all. There's a piece of land at the rear of one of the houses near us, the owners of the house sold it off as they didn't want it and some chap bought it but didn't check into the permissions. He put a caravan on it, with the intention of using it whilst he was working/pottering/gardening (he bought the land it to use as an allotment) and on occasions overnight ... he was told in no uncertain terms by the council to move it ... he wasn't even allowed to leave it there just to use during the day!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Pop round, tell him your a freelance gardener, and alter his rockery for him (y) And when he's rolling over and being sick, phone the Old Bill and tell them he tried to molest your daughter. :)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Yes , good response, our daughter is the same , "you earned it you spend it" , but we will leave a few groats for the kids ;)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I was only making conversation and saying how nice the van was.:(

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Total pillock ... the chap not you or your daughter! :D

Just a word of caution - has the land you rent got permission for you to store a caravan/MH on it - some have restrictions that don't allow them at all. There's a piece of land at the rear of one of the houses near us, the owners of the house sold it off as they didn't want it and some chap bought it but didn't check into the permissions. He put a caravan on it, with the intention of using it whilst he was working/pottering/gardening (he bought the land it to use as an allotment) and on occasions overnight ... he was told in no uncertain terms by the council to move it ... he wasn't even allowed to leave it there just to use during the day!

Thanks for the note of caution, but as it is private land we are OK. We have a horse box on the land for yonks etc and have had no issues. We are only storing it there not using it.

It is bad enough having the Beauty Terrorist constantly smell of horses without having to sleep near the buggers....:D:D

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
with my daughter, he would be picking bits of his teeth out of the gravel

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks for the note of caution, but as it is private land we are OK. We have a horse box on the land for yonks etc and have had no issues. We are only storing it there not using it.

It is bad enough having the Beauty Terrorist constantly smell of horses without having to sleep near the buggers....:D:D
Not sure why it being private land makes any difference to whether you can keep your MH there or not? Just thought it might be worth checking in case the pillock decided to stir up trouble!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
My daughter would probably sold the MH if she found out it was worth that :) :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back