What you should know about me! (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
In the early 70's I toured Australia for 3 months, as 'Roustabout' (Arena Chargehand) with Jose Canga and his French Car Stunt Team (look up Jose Canga Stuntman) sponsored by Holden, Uniroyal, Lions Club and Holiday Inn etc.

(How's this for stupid rules, because most of the drivers were French, we had to have big 6cylinder LHD Holden Torana's for the Precision/two wheel driving BUT Australia did not allow LHD cars UNLESS they were imports and tax paid on them. We had to export ALL six cars to Reunion, then a small French island, and THEN import them back again next day! Thank goodness Holden were paying.)

Last edited:
May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
I daren't return to Portugal, I am a wanted man there and will be arrested.
Just to clarify: I received a notification of a fine (88 Euros) for not paying a Toll fee there in 2018. Long Story.
I tried to pay it but with this being Portugal it was easier said than done and had to come home without paying the fine.
I guess they have my moho registration in their system now so should I return, I expect to be surrounded by armed police at midnight somewhere near Lisbon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Just to clarify: I received a notification of a fine (88 Euros) for not paying a Toll fee there in 2018. Long Story.
I tried to pay it but with this being Portugal it was easier said than done and had to come home without paying the fine.
I guess they have my moho registration in their system now so should I return, I expect to be surrounded by armed police at midnight somewhere near Lisbon.

What is 88 euro's at 20% compound interest AND fines I wonder? Must cover Portugal's National Debt by now :unsure: I would not bother going back! :cry:

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Sell your van to someone else.What a surprise they will get. It will be interesting how they get out of the fine.🤔

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
I was the 'boy' on a Tonibell van in North London in my early teens. Max Bygraves's son Anthony came out to the van - we could see the two Bentleys on the drive- and he asked for a six penny lolly, our most expensive item. Max rushed down the driveway and snatched it from the boy's hand shouting "He'll have a tuppeny lolly like everybody else!"

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I was the 'boy' on a Tonibell van in North London in my early teens. Max Bygraves's son Anthony came out to the van - we could see the two Bentleys on the drive- and he asked for a six penny lolly, our most expensive item. Max rushed down the driveway and snatched it from the boy's hand shouting "He'll have a tuppeny lolly like everybody else!"

IF only we had that sort of celebrity today, TODAY they would either send the minder or expect to get it for nothing!

"When it's Spring again, I'll bring again, Tulips from Amsterdam.........." OR

"Your a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush, have we met somewhere before........"

They don't write them like that anymore :cry: :rofl:

Dec 7, 2017
Sherwood Forest, Notts
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017. Before had caravan, folding camper and various tents.
My wife is far more interesting than me.

As a nurse reservist, in the RAF Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, she did two tours of Afghanistan and a tour of Sierra Leone (during the Ebola crisis).

She did a presentation on Leadership, from a Sergeants point of view, at a senior RAF Leadership Conference including the Chief of Air Staff and John Adair (a well known leadership author).

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

That North London,,,, would that be around the Friern Barnet - High Barnet - Finchley area..???

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I lived in SA for a few years and spent a bit of time living in the Bush, driving a Gypsy Jeep, trying to avoid Scorpions, going to sleep to the sound of Lions roaring and swimming in an African river-not a clever thing to do!
But I survived.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
"Close"...... :giggler:

Just that my old man used to rub shoulders with that crowd..... Bygraves... Secombe... Vic Abbot...Sellers... Ken Conner who is/was my Sisters God Father.. All lived in that area... :smiley:
Ken Connor and I once had a great session in a Stanmore Club bar. He was miffed to tell me that the Carry On crew never received a penny in royalties from all the repeats as they were on a 'Day Rate' when the films were made!
A certain Max Hastings was tired and emotional outside and the barman wouldn't let him in!:giggle:

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
I suffer from Cenosillicaphobia.

Many people I know also have this condition, and we have formed a support group which meets several times each week to develop coping strategies.
As a fellow sufferer I feel for you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back