What you should know about me! (1 Viewer)

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Where was that? I was arrested at gun point in Zambia.... Nothing in comparison to your horrendous experience.
Benin, West Africa. I was supplying the then president with an aeroplane, BAC 1-11.
Taken by five men from a religious group and sentenced to five years in captivity for an invented fraud. Ordered to pay US$100,000 if I wanted to live. The UK representative, we had no embassy there, cancelled the payment my company was in the process of making as "The UK does not pay ransoms."
Had they not done that I would have been out in a couple of days. All hell then let loose and life became rather uncomfortable. Eventually a payment was made anyway and I walked free.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
😳 Jim, feel this needs a little bit of expansion.. (as the parachutes didn’t!).
I’m far too trusting that’s the trouble, some might say gullible, just far too trusting for my own good. My father, Zog the Martian, used to tell me that over and over again, but I never learned. Going to have my first coffee now, perhaps that will help……………

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I taught a guy called Trevor Jordan to fly a hang-glider.
You may not have heard of him, but he is the husband of Elkie Brooks.
He used to have a beautiful black Jenson Interceptor FF back then.

I had been to quite a few Vinegar Joe gigs a few years before meeting Elkie and by that time she had become posh and did not
want to be reminded of her raunchy time in Vinegar Joe. :giggle:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I’m far too trusting that’s the trouble, some might say gullible,

The first parachute failed to open. (My fault, long story, it was a round canopy, exit height 3200ft opening height 2000ft) It was a tangled mess 15ft above my head, hardly slowing my descent, I would die trying to land it. I deployed my front-mounted round reserve, which hit that tangled mess and failed. Why am I still here?

I did as taught, Twice, I grabbed the hem of the reserve, gathered as much of it to my chest as possible and then shook it like you might a bedsheet. the second attempt It opened. 5 seconds later, some say more like 2 or 3 seconds. I landed hard but unharmed. That was my last jump for 2 years. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Don't tell anyone but its was called a .....key, it opened a multitude of Blackpool Council boxes and depots! Shaped like the letter.........!

I've got a few of those, I think you have got it down to a tee with your description! (y)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Ten years since posting that and I've still not been to Scotland :D
I wondered why you were interested in my Passport application ? :LOL: (unless there's something else you not telling us.....

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Although I do have a picture of a monkey sitting on my knee taken in Lewis’s Department store in Liverpool whenI was a kid:oops:

Would that be allowed these days??

To protect the Monkey I mean! :LOL:

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
I am the only female to have reversed at speed up the main drive at the Cholmondeley Pageant of Power....and complimented on it by Derek Bell. This was in the evening before the very first Pageant opened. 🚘 Lots of silly dares etc by the exhibitors and probably a few too many glasses of sparkly stuff!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I wondered why you were interested in my Passport application ? :LOL: (unless there's something else you not telling us.....

:Grin: My Passport has just arrived! Despite hearing stories of delays etc., as I said before, it was ALL done (photograph, form the LOT) at the Post Office on Monday afternoon and has been delivered to my door TODAY. Well Done Post Office! MOST impressive!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The first parachute failed to open. (My fault, long story, it was a round canopy, exit height 3200ft opening height 2000ft) It was a tangled mess 15ft above my head, hardly slowing my descent, I would die trying to land it. I deployed my front-mounted round reserve, which hit that tangled mess and failed. Why am I still here?

I did as taught, Twice, I grabbed the hem of the reserve, gathered as much of it to my chest as possible and then shook it like you might a bedsheet. the second attempt It opened. 5 seconds later, some say more like 2 or 3 seconds. I landed hard but unharmed. That was my last jump for 2 years. :D

AND you managed to do that from 2000 ft while traveling at, what is it 32ft per second per second, WoW!

It would have been MY last jump EVER! :eek:

Sep 22, 2020
Baltics
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Feel like an old timer
The locals think I am a secret agent working for the British government, according to fellow local who had drank too much vodka at a village midsummer party. I guess asking if there was any martini I could add to the vodka and declining a spoon gave it all way :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back