What would you insist on in your next motorhome? (1 Viewer)

Forever Effervescent

Free Member
Jan 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
van conversion A class
Exp
I was conceived and born in a motorhome
A silent alarm clock so that my PA could wake without waking me, as always, and prepare my muesli and yoghurt, then of course an automatic gin and tonic dispenser, with automatic lemon slicer, always full, where said PA, who is really an EPA, could hand us both the aforementioned......surely it's not too much to ask.....oh heavens, I forgot to mention the always-full pistachio dispenser and the auto-cook machine, and....and....and....and...

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Second that after being towed out the motocross field yet again :(

Have to say that after lugging a 125 kg motorbike on a rack on my Fiat Aviano for over a year, one has to wonder how on earth it is legal. (I am plated at 4000kilos and weight distribution was (legally) fine.)
Wheel spins on hills? Not many! Scary and confidence loser.
Have taken rack off, sold motorbike and now touring with just bikes. Very annoying as part of my decision to buy my mh was based on the theoretical ability to carry it.

Mothy

Free Member
Sep 1, 2015
Hythe, Hants
Funster No
MH
Lo-line
Exp
1 month
Yes, I was thinking more about layout and fittings / fixtures that would be difficult and very expensive to change / retrofit :)
A fixed bed. Really thought it would not be an issue chucking the seat cushions together but it is a pain after just 2 nights. Secondly, a HUGE garage for tools and man things.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Navitron Autodrive

I was thinking about this the other day as I wound my way home after a late tunnel trip..

Self driving cars are coming. They can make them and they work.. there will be some changes to legislation and insurance but in most of our lifetimes it will be possible to buy one.

So a self driving MH.. finish work on a Friday, pack up and set the Sat nav.. couple of hours TV or games in the front then to bed, wake up wherever you like..

No more site fees because you just set the Sat nav to drive a route that gets you where you want to be when you wake up. Touring takes on a whole new concept.

And of course, you don't need to worry about being gassed because you will be moving too fast and the grey water tanks can be done away with because you can just drop your greasy washing up water on the road as you drive. :reel:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
The previous owner of ours had fitted full aircon, but even in Morocco anD southern Spain we never used it, so I wouldn't bother with that on our next van, but I do like to big wind-out awning and after a lifetime of manual gearboxes in now have an automatic car, so the next van will have an automatic box too.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Have rear camera ( great bit of kit ), Wifi fitted ( could not live without it ), Led's fitted all round ( saves loads of power ), 2000watt inverter ( a must for wife! ) 200wtts of solar ( needed for wife's inverter!! ) and the fixed bed, waste of a good sitting area.
Removing air con after 4 years only used 3 times ( we live is Spain and cannot say you need it really ) and removing scooter rack and selling scooter (Honda PCX125) as hardly used. This should give me back the garage area which could not use due to scooter........... other than that happy with what we have got.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
A fixed bed. Really thought it would not be an issue chucking the seat cushions together but it is a pain after just 2 nights. Secondly, a HUGE garage for tools and man things.

and the fixed bed, waste of a good sitting area.

Well at least one of you is right, sort yourselves out guys. (y)

.......and I'm not convinced it's you Donkey Coaty

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
a weighbridge certificate showing me that they are not telling whacking great porkies, so I know i can take someone else in the van WITHOUT being overweight.

StickyWicket

Free Member
Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We just changed M/H after owning our first one only 18 months.Main reasons for changing:
1 island bed instead of French bed - no more acrobatics to get out of bed
2 large garage rather than bike rack on back - I got fed up putting covers over bikes on rack! Also kept hitting head when trying to load under bed storage area on old van.
3 addition of solar panel - mainly to keep battery topped up as alarm flattened it in about 3 weeks.
4 drop down second bed rather than jigsaw of multiple foam inserts to make up one.

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Having bought our first motorhome last year we now know what we would like in our next one.
1. A garage - need more storage for chairs, bikes etc
2. Small side table at cab end of MH
3. More work surface in kitchen area

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
A loo I can sit on without pressing my forehead' knees into the wall in front, a toilet seat that fits a size 18 arse not a size 8!, a Bathroom:)rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:) that I can walk into without turning side ways, a mirror, where I can see just where the bloody Razor that's sliding over my throat is actually positioned, without being some sort of contortionist!

You really are full of surprises Joy, then when I read further I noticed you had copied and pasted Rangi's thoughts rather than hit the quote button........ Ha ha, or "he he" as Wildman would say.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
oooops.... and yes, know what you mean ...... he he. ;)

Hugs to you both and happy smilies. :)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Waiter service with my morning coffee ;-)
break.jpg

Just for you.................................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back