Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I've been building some wooden frames and bought wood and steel brackets from Wickes. When I got home I discovered I had miscounted the number of brackets.... Had 11 instead of 12 and the lady at the checkout had taken my word for it at the checkout so I'd paid for 12.

I was back at Wickes today buying some more wood and brackets. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

a) add an extra bracket and hope the different person at the checkout doesn't check?

b) explain what happened and hope they give you the extra bracket you have already paid for?

c) pay for the 12th bracket again and avoid the potential embarrassment of being disbelived?

d) put an extra bracket in your pocket and be a shoplifter?

e) bodge the job out of principle....neither being prepared to steal, pay double or throw yourself at their mercy?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Don't be a lazy toad, mortice and tenon \ dovetail the joints and take the brackets back for a refund.:p:whistle::giggle:
BTW spot the obvious flaw!;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: JJ

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
f) don't bother making the furniture .... :xgrin:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thanks that saved me doing it. :xThumb:
Well, you did the original answer before my fingers typed what was in my head :) just returned the favour (y)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Learn to count, should have listened when at school. :LOL:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
image.jpeg
Grow two more fingers!:rolleyes:

OK ... B

Like this ? :xgrin:

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Well, you did the original answer before my fingers typed what was in my head :) just returned the favour (y)
c becomes impossible to do after b, as the embarrassment has already happened and therefore cant be avoided.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Just go for c but don't bother with the second bit. We are all human and make mistakes - it ain't the end of the world!!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
They know how many there should be in the stock, so can check it for you but somebody might have knicked some then you might not get it.. They are usually quite good at this kind of thing.

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Interesting set of responses :)

The chap at the checkout turned out to be a manager. When I explained the situation he asked what time of day I'd been in the store the previous day. He then called over the lady who had been on the till the previous day and questioned her about not doing her job properly. When I reminded him the mistake was mine he pointed out it is the job of a checkout person to check all items.

It was all very embarrassing, particularly so as the lady was old enough to be his grandmother. With hindsight I wish I had just put the extra bracket in my pocket. Same result without upsetting anybody.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Interesting set of responses :)

The chap at the checkout turned out to be a manager. When I explained the situation he asked what time of day I'd been in the store the previous day. He then called over the lady who had been on the till the previous day and questioned her about not doing her job properly. When I reminded him the mistake was mine he pointed out it is the job of a checkout person to check all items.

It was all very embarrassing, particularly so as the lady was old enough to be his grandmother. With hindsight I wish I had just put the extra bracket in my pocket. Same result without upsetting anybody.
Oh dear, but to be fair the manager is right ... if they don't check what is being bought then some unscrupulous people will take more than they've paid for, and if she had checked you'd have known that you were 1 short saving you a return trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back