Like PVCs the best
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not anything that would worry us as we never use ours as it's useless, but strange having no radio in the cab , didn't know you could get one without nowadays (n)

The Coral Sport has a fairly small engine – a 100bhp 2.2-litre unit which only provides 184 lb/ft of torque – so don't expect stunning performance. It's a front-wheel drive 'van with five-speed gearbox, anti-lock brakes, cruise control and electric windows and mirrors. There's no radio or air-conditioning in the cab – it's essentials only in this package.
Read more at http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/r...adria-coral-sport-s573-ds#lR6WfWokHdzKJVIw.99

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Losing trust in a company appears to be fairly common occurance in our modern world.

But don't forget : Link Removed

There is one dealer I have never heard any complaints of and he is a member of the Fun.

I know he is a long way from you and will probably seem even further away if you do have any problems/warranty work.

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/pre-owned-motorhomes.html?sort=featured&page=2

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Do not accept any repairs because once you do you are "on the hook"
Had major problems with a new Autotrail Arapahpo a few years ago and ended up taking the dealer and Autotrail to court over it.
Took several months but as Scottish law was easier to make my case for rejecting it and being awarded payment.
At the same time a few members on MHF had same problems but English courts denied them any satisfaction and as result they lost a lot of cash.
It is the sale of goods act that applies, as it is not "fit for purpose"
wish you luck with your problems

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Not anything that would worry us as we never use ours as it's useless, but strange having no radio in the cab , didn't know you could get one without nowadays (n)

The Coral Sport has a fairly small engine – a 100bhp 2.2-litre unit which only provides 184 lb/ft of torque – so don't expect stunning performance. It's a front-wheel drive 'van with five-speed gearbox, anti-lock brakes, cruise control and electric windows and mirrors. There's no radio or air-conditioning in the cab – it's essentials only in this package.
Read more at http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/r...adria-coral-sport-s573-ds#lR6WfWokHdzKJVIw.99
thanks

thanks
the one i saw is not a coral sport, so dont know if drive issues are the same, but thats good to know...and yes, strange, no radio and no air con...i will check that out of i go back

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Do not accept any repairs because once you do you are "on the hook"
Had major problems with a new Autotrail Arapahpo a few years ago and ended up taking the dealer and Autotrail to court over it.
Took several months but as Scottish law was easier to make my case for rejecting it and being awarded payment.
At the same time a few members on MHF had same problems but English courts denied them any satisfaction and as result they lost a lot of cash.
It is the sale of goods act that applies, as it is not "fit for purpose"
wish you luck with your problems
luckily, i have got my deposit back...without any real problem...very relieved at that!

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
luckily, i have got my deposit back...without any real problem...very relieved at that!
Glad things have picked up a bit for you, when we were looking for a new van , we decided we wanted a fixed bed, but we also wanted as small as possible, well we looked and looked and couldn't find one that was small enough or not enough lounge area, well we have compromised and not regretted it for a minute, we chose a compass avantgard with a rear u shaped lounge that we usually just leave the bed up and as there is only the two us we can sit on the bed to eat or can lounge back on the bed, if we do have visitors it's only a matter of a couple of minutes to revert back to the u shape, and all in just over 6 metres, like it that much , we never intend swopping it(y)

Reactions: Sue

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
thanks, yes it does look nice, pity the dealer is so far away. the lounge area looks a bit cramped, maybe?

That lounge layout is a bit like our old Burstner. Fine if there are only two of you but those dinette seats are a bit cramped.

It's a nice van though

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

A few of the foreign makes don't include radios, we've just bought a Globecar (German) and it didn't have one but the dealer put one in for us (a Kenwood) as part of the deal.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Another daft question.....but what is estimated payload...is it the extra you can carry on top of the MTPLM?
No, MTPLM (aka MAM) is the absolute maximum you can legally weigh in total, that's with all passengers, kit and kaboodle, fuel, water etc. Payload is the difference between this maximum figure and the lower MIRO (mass in running order) that the manufacturer states which often includes an allowance for part fuel and part water in the tanks but they all differ unfortunately!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
In the spec listing, it lists Gas Oven/Grill and 3 Burner gas Hob.
It is there ... I had to play 'hunt the oven' though to find it ... it's in this photo, they've put it in the unit near the door! An accident waiting to happen!!! :eek:

oven.jpg

Now for the next game of 'hide and seek' ... can you spot the stupid location of the smoke alarm! :rolleyes:

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
It is there ... I had to play 'hunt the oven' though to find it ... it's in this photo, they've put it in the unit near the door! An accident waiting to happen!!! :eek:

View attachment 65957

Now for the next game of 'hide and seek' ... can you spot the stupid location of the smoke alarm! :rolleyes:

Yes, saw it there as well............:Eeek: looks like it was designed by someone who had no idea of living in a mh...........certainly not of using an oven etc.
and yes, just love the location of that alarm.........:whistle:

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Get your deposit back, dont think they can refuse if you did not agree to purchase with the damp and they were going to fix it.

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
That great

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Best possible result for you! Enjoy your new van and try not to think too much about the lucky escape you have had.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back