What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Sue, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Sue

Sue Funster

The saga continues!
    Having expected to pick up the motorhome on 14 April, we have been waiting since 7 April when we were told it had damp problems and was in the workshop at Glossop for repairs.
    Since then we have incurred costs and had to constantly ask for information.

To be fair, they seem to be trying to remedy the problems. but they just never tell us anything. We have pinned them down to a date at last.. 19 June ( we will see) but I am not happy that they are not willing to acknowledebe that this has been a difficult time by offering some form of compensation. They have made a weak offer to cover some of the costs, but honestly I would have though they would hve tried to put our minds at rest by offering compensation.
    what do you think? what would you do?

I dont know where we stand in getting our deposit back as its been a period of time now and we havent said we dont want it ...I am fed up of it to be honest

2. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Crumbs Sue, don't know where you stand legally but can understand... I would send an email stating exactly what you have said above. You have been very patient and you want your deposit back. I had problems once and did that. I got nowhere.

I then went on their website and put the same wording I had on the email into a box re reviews or contact us etc..... so it went on the web site for all to see. The result was then instant. See if there is somewhere on the webpage where you can type in the same email you send them saying you want money back as the stress has caused you health issues.

Good luck. Keep us informed.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cat53

Cat53 Funster

Good idea Joy. I'm saddened for you Sue. It has to put a huge damper on your excitement. :(

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sue

Sue Funster

thanks for your kind words.
    i have e mailed them...many many times to ask for info, and just yesterday to ask for costs and compensation. I outlined what we have paid out so far and told them I am unhappy with their approach to customer care. Don't suppose it will get me anywhere!
    Why dont these dealers realise it takes so little to keep customers happy: I just want a decent van, the costs I have had to pay and just a little compensation, basically to reassure me that they are a decent company to deal with. I don't think thats a lot to ask and it would go a long way in cementing good customer relations.

• Like Like x 1
  5. movan

Sue, have you told us which dealers they are, please?

6. Sue

Sue Funster

Glossop caravans

7. trekkin

trekkin Read Only Funster

Maybe consider going and getting your money back, big disappointment I know, but if it has damp problems that take this long to sort...

8. movan

Ok Sue,

Click on the link here and it says in a box post your testimonial. POST IT ... just like you told us plus all the stress you are under..... I bet you get a phone call tomorrow morning.

http://www.glossopcaravans.co.uk/testimonials/

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sue

Sue Funster

They do seem to be trying to fix the motorhome, and they have offered partial costs, its just that it doesn't cover everything and because they don't seem to appreciate how worrying this is, theydon't seem to be concerned to put any real effort into compensating us in any way

10. movan

Ditto my above post, Sue. You can put in the testimonial what you have just put in your last post ... if it makes you feel better. :)

11. Sue

Sue Funster

thats a brilliant link, thank you....i am going to wait until monday ...the motorhome manager has said he will talk with his boss about my concerns...depending what he says, i may try to cancel andwill definitely post a review....thanks again!

12. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Sue
    I bought my MH there and had the solar panel taken off my trade in and put on the new MH, it was done at their site by a contractor, fitted as required BUT it leaked in where the cable came through, I had to take it back twice to be fixed and claimed expenses on both occasions we have to do a 140 mile round trip to Glossop, hope you get sorted soon, I think the workshop manager is called Mike. Pete

13. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

Well done Joy ,Miss Marples lives on :)(y)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sue

Sue Funster

did you get the costs back?
    The workshop staff, in fact all the staff are very pleasant. it's now they are 'thinking' about our costs and not considering compensation that Is concerning me

15. peter marshall

peter marshall

I my claim was just for the cost of fuel to bring it back to be fixed twice, so no other out of pocket expense. pete

16. swanseajack13

swanseajack13 Funster

sue it is 5 june now you can ask for a full refund with out a problem we have a funster (seatrout) john with a m/h with damp look at is thead our 2013 m/h had damp in the garage doors on it"s first inspection 2014 only had it sorted in may this year the dealer was a donkeys hole 3AS CARMARTHEN we take a load of poo of the dealers I have stated on past threads about paying a fee into a fund and getting the legal eagle to write a letter on problems with our m/h .antony do not read this thread no ;;;; or ..... or ????? lol still lol ray

17. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

If it was me buying from a dealer the moment the word damp was mentioned that would have been the end full refund and everything, the moment they found it they should have notified you and offered a total refund in my opinion,

• Like Like x 5
  18. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

Strange not one negative review

19. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

Was reading them as you posted!
    Only one review less than 4 stars and it was positive in first 20 or so pages.
    Are they actually very good or do they "censor" the feedback?:sneaky::unsure::whistle:

As with some others, damp ! No thanks - refund please.

20. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

They can and do edit them Gellyneck
    I know cos for a while I took on the job for a company or doing exactly that.

My advice Sue.. Post it and add you will be doing an identical post on Facebook and Twitter unless things move forward at a pace

• Like Like x 1