LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I was gonna say an autobox so woman can take a turn, but even if it was full auto she STILL would not take the wheel ( as she often says, why own a dog and bark your self )

Apart from that I would perhaps like a BIG heki over the back end on the van as it always quite dark back there

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Being rather fond of V8 engines, my first thought was something like a 429cu-in Ford engine in Udo.

But that would destroy his character, so I've scratched that idea.

I do like Phil D's TARDIS suggestion.:thumb:

But maybe an unlimited supply of good single malt whisky and decent wine could work?

Or, if we're being sensible, then a larger fridge / freezer, larger gas hob, more worktop space and a water heater that works whether you've got bubbles in your system or not.
I've discovered, unfortunately, that malt whisky may be the cause of bubbles in my system::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Not possible on semi auto box as it still has a normal clutch usually. BUSBY::bigsmile:
So, like a manual box, you can leave it in gear.

Not quite the same as the full mechanical lock usually provided by the Park facility of a traditional auto box, but mine hasn't rolled down the hill (yet).

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
2013 Bessacarr 584

The rear view/reversing camera, you cannot see the tow ball when reversing and when in rear view unless its right up your backside you cannot see anything.
I have asked Swift if they can be adjusted and they say no as they are fixed.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Fully operational bar-
Self dispensing wine chiller ,
piped cool beer from a barrel in the gas locker :thumb:

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
This user does not have permission to use the HTML BB code.

Aargh - 4" would probably mean a broken ankle :cry:

Another Lesley

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
North East
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
I want to find out where the cloaking device switches off......so that the half blind in a rush idiots turning out of the side roads actually see me coming!:Sad:

I also want one that has a robot attachment to take the loo to the emptying point and an ever extending hosepipe to fill up the water tank from taps that are too far away to reach without moving the van.:Cool:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Almost everything has now been altered to suit us. Extra fuel tank, extra 3 way fridge, extra solar panels, extra batteries, oven, etc. The fitted carpet has been replaced with vinyl flooring. The only thing that I would like is more kitchen work space. It cannot be done, so I will continue to eat out as much as possible :Smile:.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
1. Raise the bed to put a large garage under it. :thumb:
2. Put all the extra kit that Snowbird has in said garage leaving room for Scooter and Cycles. :thumb::thumb:
3. Put whole habitation unit on either a 7.5 tonne Merc or MAN allowing for under-floor storage. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

That sounds a lot like our next van could be. ZZZZZZZ dream dream dream

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Malcolm have a word with Catherine and hint you'd like something like this for Crimbo :ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Malcolm have a word with Catherine and hint you'd like something like this for Crimbo :ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:I would have to wait 20 years to be able to buy that particular unit. I'll settle for something a bit more affordable a bit earlier. We can all dream :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back