What Would It Be Worth To You? (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Suppose you were to find a park up in a warm, sunny location that was extremely quiet and secure and which had a hard standing, water, electricity, grey and black water dumping, wi-fi and a swimming pool... and you could stay as long as you wanted...

...what would you think it would be worth per week?

JJ :Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi.jj. i already have a place like thats its called my garden. ideal in summer . travel in winter .i know a place in portugal i might be welcome. hee hee. if not i know other places .ha ha . have fun . i,m sure you wish you were here .
lots of scrap around here . will be weighing it in soon .

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Suppose you were to find a park up in a warm, sunny location that was extremely quiet and secure and which had a hard standing, water, electricity, grey and black water dumping, wi-fi and a swimming pool... and you could stay as long as you wanted...

Is this a serious questions or have I missed an in Joke somewhere?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Its ok Karl

JJ has just realised

the clay ground is hard baked = hard standing,
There is still some water in the stream though = water,
The spare battery is fully charged = electricity,
Please dump down stream from where fresh water is taken out = grey and black water dumping,
He now has a fancy wifi system = wi-fi

and

The hole is finally dug = a swimming pool...

time for paying guests :)

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp

Priceless :thumb:

Pete:Cool:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi JJ you and your F Princess making plans ? £10/12 a night long stay £14 / a night short stay would be reasonable :thumb:
terry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi JJ you and your F Princess making plans ? £10/12 a night long stay £14 / a night short stay would be reasonable :thumb:
terry

We paid less than that at Marjal with all the facilities. They were asking €8 a day for a month next Feb.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I posted last year that I found somewhere similar in Spain at 100 Euros per month and was told it was too expensive by some funsters:Doh:, so acording to that am going to say 50 Euros per month. But then again if I now found somewhere like that I would do a three wise monkeys as it would be full of those that think 300 Euros is OK:winky:.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well JJ you have asked a question that is not easy to answer,"How long is a piece of string"!!! springs to mind,....You have put.."NO LOCATION".is it in the UK, France, Portugal, or Spain, ..It would depend on the location, location, location..What part of the country is in, North, South, East or West..is it cold or hot temps all the time or most of the time, is the location windy, is the location shady or in full sun!!!.. .is it by the beach in a select area with amenities close by and at easy reach...or is it a rough undesirable plot with a pond, toilet and grey drop, and tap into some bodies wifi close to the site...... or is it a compound in a industrial site no views with a pool , Wifi, toilet and grey drop off point with a security fence, with guard dog patrolling ......:Doh::Doh::Doh: it all reflects the price
Snowbird is saying 50 euros...chesterfield hooligan says 80 euros. hilldweller says 8 per day =56 euros , Jaws says 75 per week, and Itinerant says priceless...!!!!

Me, sorry, I can not put a figure on something unknown and not seen!

"a warm, sunny location that was extremely quiet and secure and which had a hard standing",...... this could be anywhere ?

Mel

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well actually it was a serious question although I have no aversion whatsoever to the witty banter... :thumb:

When considering my current situation I wanted to take into account all the advantages... and have some idea of the "value" of this park up...

Sadly this location is not available to visiting Funsters but QMJ is not very far away...

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Still not sure what you are aiming at JJ...

If it is a plot dedicated to me to use whenever I want like Chicken run offers then it would be worth a bit more.

I aim to spend £10 or less per night for a facility with hookup, waste and fresh water with bins.

I would pay a little more for Wifi but not a great deal more, this is a cherry on the cake item. Possibly 5 euro's a week for wifi extra.

It all depends on the a lot of variables.

Can you give us any more clues?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well actually it was a serious question although I have no aversion whatsoever to the witty banter... :thumb:

When considering my current situation I wanted to take into account all the advantages... and have some idea of the "value" of this park up...

Sadly this location is not available to visiting Funsters but QMJ is not very far away...

Nice location you have there JJ, I remember it wasn't even available to me :Sad:We were kicked out to fend for ourselves in the street. :Cool: :roflmto:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Really nice quiet spot only spoilt by work being so close to hand. the pool of course you paid for so should not count so whatever you think is a reasonable price to be on hand for immediate work, being badgered by the lovely Fatima and chased by everyone to get the job finished irrespective of footie and visiting funsters or time of day. To be honest they should pay you as a security guard, oops they do, well sort of hee hee

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Billy no mates rides again !!

December and January coming, beachside campsite near Malaga, 300 Euros a month with wifi followed by Feb. and March at Marjal also with wifi and Brit TV on hook up then into France for the Spring etc ! plus wildcamping as well ! Jobs a goodun !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
December and January coming, beachside campsite near Malaga, 300 Euros a month with wifi followed by Feb. and March at Marjal also with wifi and Brit TV on hook up then into France for the Spring etc ! plus wildcamping as well ! Jobs a goodun !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HeHeHe:Cool::thumb: Jobs a gudun:thumb: lifes a bi*ch sometimes:Cool::winky:

Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back