What window will work?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mjltigger, Jul 31, 2016.

1. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

I'm very frustrated.. Some weeks ago, a little scrote of some description broke unto our van.. the items stolen were minor and irrelevant but the did a number on the window.

I've searched ebay , I've googled, I've emailed all sorts of scrappies but I can't find a window to fit.. Any ideas?

Rail is 855mm top to bottom measured inside the window is 475mm as best I can tell. I've put pictures including the catches.

Edit.. I will come back to pictures as the upload doesn't seem to be working...

2. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

EECO will make one for you send them the old window for a pattern costs about £200 dependant on size.

3. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

4. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

thanks for that - ouch on cost but more importantly ouch on having to take the old window out to get a replacement made.. at the moment we have it wedged to keep the van weathertight so would have to come up with a new solution while a replacement window is made up.. might end up being our only choice though so I will send an inquiry

5. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

I've messaged them.. fingers crossed for a friendly quote

6. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Have you tried Charles and sons in poole they keep lots of obsolete parts.

7. Photo4x4

Photo4x4 Funster

I have just renewed my MH insurance which includes 'windscreen cover'. I asked is this also included the side plastic windows of the MH and was told that it does. Have you checked with your insurance company?

KH

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bart

Bart Funster

Very good idea , i never thought on asking my insurance company that, but i will do come next renewal :)

9. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

I missed this.. I came back to update the thread with the price from EECO... £308

But I will talk to the insurance company first..does it matter that it was damaged in a break in?

10. Photo4x4

Photo4x4 Funster

It should make no difference. Let us know how you get on.

KH

11. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

12. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

turns out our policy which is through insurance choice but underwritten by markerstudy has a window claims line which puts you through to auto windscreens - they were obviously of no help.. I called back through to the main claims line and they said it would be covered under the comprehensive cover but would affect my future premiums (unlike glass cover) so it isn't worth it by the time I pay the excess.. plus no doubt their authorised repairer would make a meal of it and cost even more.. worth a call though thank you

so back to the drawing board... one more search on ebay just in case and if not then EECO it is...

just one more rant about the homeless ^%$$^ that was too stupid even to try the doors before they did £300 of damage to steal a throw and a (**&&& cushion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. s20hymer

s20hymer Funster

hya there is a company called S F M caravans in bradford area that seem to have hundreds off vans old and recent that are being broken for spare hope this helps..... i found them on ebay while looking at hymer spares