What wierd and rather wonderful year (1 Viewer)

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Just pondering over the year that's been and thinking about all the places we have been and all that's happened.We started the New Year with friends watching the New Year 'dook' at Broughty Ferry and since then have been in France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Luxembourg,Belgium then back to Scotland, a trip up the west coast then back sold the house then Orkney then a wedding in Surrey then back to Scotland to help the youngest with a house move then Devon to consider maybe living there followed by Hampshire with old friends then Derbyshire then Scotland again.Phew! Then Dundee then Edinburgh to look at where to live again!Then out to Malaga (well it does need serious and prolonged consideration) :ROFLMAO:then back to Dundee and now back in Edinburgh.Portsmouth for Xmas.Edinburgh for New Year.Then what!:RollEyes:
How could you do all this without a motorhome? Answer: Work for Mr Saatchi!:roflmto:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Just pondering over the year that's been and thinking about all the places we have been and all that's happened.We started the New Year with friends watching the New Year 'dook' at Broughty Ferry and since then have been in France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Luxembourg,Belgium then back to Scotland, a trip up the west coast then back sold the house then Orkney then a wedding in Surrey then back to Scotland to help the youngest with a house move then Devon to consider maybe living there followed by Hampshire with old friends then Derbyshire then Scotland again.Phew! Then Dundee then Edinburgh to look at where to live again!Then out to Malaga (well it does need serious and prolonged consideration) :ROFLMAO:then back to Dundee and now back in Edinburgh.Portsmouth for Xmas.Edinburgh for New Year.Then what!:RollEyes:
How could you do all this without a motorhome? Answer: Work for Mr Saatchi!:roflmto:

Well done, did you not see yourselves going the other way :winky:, a good few miles there then. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
WOW. It's not until you stop and think about it you realise quite what you fit in, be interesting to see what other funsters have done

We do one year in the UK next year Abroad, this year was UK, This year we started off at Easter at Chester meet, we had a great few days at Wrenbury, , then a week at one of our favourite CL's Church Bay Anglesey opposite the Lobster Pot.

We then had two weeks near Richmond Park in London, enjoyed every minute of it, also had a few days in the Cotswoulds, the. Stratford on Avon,.

10 great days in the Élan Valley, loved the cycle trail, and the Red Kites.
A week at Malvern then Southport, and probably quite a bit more I have forgotten, without a motorhome only a fraction would have been possible,.

Thank you to the OP for jogging my memory and shareing their's. any more memories out there,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Reading the above posts prompted me to buy a "stocking filler" for SWMBO, the motorhome journal, something to fill out while she is nagivating us into yet another cul-de-sac.
Since we are newbies I don't have anything else to add to this thread except to say we are very much looking forward to our very first meet at Frodsham next week, this will also be the first entry in the journal.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We didn't start moving about until the beginning of April this year, having collected our new MoHo mid March. Over to France at the beginning of April where we spent the next 3 months then back home ready for my regular hospital appointment in April. That done with we then found it went a bit base over apex because Pete had a couple of probs and I had an additional one, so we were either sitting round waiting for appts or going to them but we did Norfolk and Lincs then seeing as the weather was so good and we didn't want to go too far away, we went up to Uttoxeter for a few days and met some other people - and then joined another rallying club, and went on several rallies with them from about mid August to late September. Good fun was had.

Meanwhile I booked the Frodsham rally cos we keep meaning to go on MHF rallies (but have no desire to visit Shows really) and then not booking in time (hate fixing stuff up much in advance!) and finding they are full - and haven't been to Chester for ages so that was that. Done.

Having had several not too good Xmases the last few years we also decided we ought to go away for Xmas. So that's been booked too and we come back from Chester on the Monday and then go off again on the Thursday for that holiday! That's with yet another rallying Club LOL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back