What weight could/should I up rate to? (1 Viewer)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you would need c1 but if you changed a uk licence for a spanish one you will have kept the c1 .if you have a spanish one and you passed your car test before 97 send it to a friend in uk . they swap it for a uk one . it will then have a c1 . send it back to spain . swap it for a spanish it gets to keep the c1.
its all straight forward.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
you would need c1 but if you changed a uk licence for a spanish one you will have kept the c1 .if you have a spanish one and you passed your car test before 97 send it to a friend in uk . they swap it for a uk one . it will then have a c1 . send it back to spain . swap it for a spanish it gets to keep the c1.
its all straight forward.
No I'm sorry to inform you it is not. When you reach 55 in Spain you must take a medical for C1 and at that medical if you have high blood pressure, on tablets or have very poor eye sight you may and I say may get your C1 from your UK licence transferred ( I speak from experience having gone through this ).........
If you pass the medical, then each year you must retake the medical at 186 euro's a pop....... as for your normal driving licence when you attend the first medical for C1 and declare medical problems listed above, your car licence is only valid for 4 years at a time. I even went to my lawyer to take this to court and he informed me "this is the Spanish way"
I fully understand the UK system, but it does not work here.

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
@pappajohn they have agreed to update it, so no problem. As I said they have told me ( I should have asked but didn't) that I can uprate the vehicle, I guess - after advice from this forum- that it is likely to be 3850 kg, which I am quite happy with. I will report back when I do it, that will be January as I am a bit busy with birthdays, visitors and Christmas followed by my wife's birthday :)

@Don Quixote , I have C1

Thank you all for your advice and helpful replies.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
@pappajohn they have agreed to update it, so no problem. As I said they have told me ( I should have asked but didn't) that I can uprate the vehicle, I guess - after advice from this forum- that it is likely to be 3850 kg, which I am quite happy with. I will report back when I do it, that will be January as I am a bit busy with birthdays, visitors and Christmas followed by my wife's birthday :)

@Don Quixote , I have C1

Thank you all for your advice and helpful replies.(y)
Still looking for the PM with details of company thanks

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
No I'm sorry to inform you it is not. When you reach 55 in Spain you must take a medical for C1 and at that medical if you have high blood pressure, on tablets or have very poor eye sight you may and I say may get your C1 from your UK licence transferred ( I speak from experience having gone through this ).........
If you pass the medical, then each year you must retake the medical at 186 euro's a pop....... as for your normal driving licence when you attend the first medical for C1 and declare medical problems listed above, your car licence is only valid for 4 years at a time. I even went to my lawyer to take this to court and he informed me "this is the Spanish way"
I fully understand the UK system, but it does not work here.
but failing the medical shows unfitness to have the category. its only fair to lose it.
its really down to choices . i choose not to live in spain . you choose to live there.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
but failing the medical shows unfitness to have the category. its only fair to lose it.
its really down to choices . i choose not to live in spain . you choose to live there.
@vwalan that's part of living in another country - lump it or like it...... I like it.
The point I was making, was you gave information that is not fact and if you get caught breaking the law here or in the UK that's points on your licence.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i gave facts. know many have done it. but if you are not fit enough to have the category you cant have it. i was assuming fitness ok. i know dont assume .
no laws broken if your fit.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
i gave facts. know many have done it. but if you are not fit enough to have the category you cant have it. i was assuming fitness ok. i know dont assume .
no laws broken if your fit.
I'm not getting into a boxing match.
Fact is 55 years old medical for C1 ( it's a basic medical).
Fact is every year you have to take same medical once over 55 years old to renew C1.
Fact is you MUST change your licence in Spain if you live here more than 186 days, so exchanging your license from UK to Spanish can only be done once.
If you fail to ask for HGV1, HGV2, PSV or C1 to remain on licence when exchanging they WILL not be added to Spanish one.
This can be undone (I know from experience) but it takes months.
If you return to UK and exchange licence back to UK from Spanish your new UK licence will only have what was on Spanish one and you will not get any that were on your old UK licence before hand even though it is still on DVLA record database.
It's a mine field..................................................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back