What Type Of People Do This (1 Viewer)

OP
OP

Deleted User
What is worrying is the following comment that was in the report.

"The complaints come as Scottish ministers are being asked to back new curbs on Scotland’s access laws."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Can't blame them wanting to tighten up the laws when that is what they are faced with.
Mindless idiots who have enjoyed their stay and moved on with absolutely no thought for others or their environment:mad:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Sad and disturbing reading...don't know what the answer is...
I suspect in time restrictions will follow making wild camping more difficult in places like Scotland or anywhere else that such behaviour becomes common...
There are just more people doing it now than ever before and inevitable a few have no respect for anything...
Sad...
Ta andy

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Disgusting.. and sadly..more wild camping bans are inevitable.. some people just don't deserve to live in such a beautiful country ..and the few will spoil it for the many..

However, wild camping laws as defined in Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 (more commonly knows as the 'right to roam act ' ) do not include motorised vehicles or caravans.. wild camping as defined in the Act is camping in a small tent for one or two nights.. In Scotland, the laws on parking and use of a motorhome are the same as England and Wales ...

The guidance on camping in the Scottish Outdoor Access Code relates to 'wild camping', also sometimes referred to as 'informal camping'. This type of camping should be interpreted as 'camping in the wild' and does not include camping on organised camp sites or with groups such as the Scouts or Guides.

The Access Code says:

Access rights extend to wild camping. This type of camping is lightweight, done in small numbers and only for two or three nights in any one place. You can camp in this way wherever access rights apply, but help to avoid causing problems for local people and land managers by not camping in enclosed fields of crops or farm animals and by keeping well away from buildings, roads or historic structures. Take extra care to avoid disturbing deer stalking or grouse shooting. If you wish to camp close to a house or building, seek the owner's permission. Leave no trace by:

• taking away all your litter
  • removing all traces of your tent pitch and of any open fire (follow the guidance for lighting fires)
  • not causing any pollution.
Seasonal camping restrictions and byelaws

Byelaws restrict camping on the east side of Loch Lomond from the 1 March to the end of October. These byelaws make it an offence to camp or sleep outdoors or in a vehicle overnight on the east side of Loch Lomond outside designated camping sites. Full details of the restrictions, where they apply and designated camping sites can be found by visiting the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park Authority website.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Never Mind Wild Camping.....

As a new motorhomer - I visited two CC campsites over the bank hols with two of my lads for the first time ever.

After parking up I walked the site to explore the set up and facilities... The toilet/shower blocks where pristine and clean during the afternoon... and I was really impressed with them.

However, when I re-visted the following morning to use them - I couldn't believe the state that some folk had left the loos and shower areas in!!.. and I mean filthy!!!!... Toilets blocked full of loo roll and excrement - unflushed.. Loo seats with excrement on them etc...

I feel sorry for the poor wardens - who have to clean them daily...

Some folk... (n)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi Fletton.
Did a stint as CC. warden,first job ? 0.53-06.00. Cleaning up the loos,ready for people to be able to use them....... " Upset wardens ?"..... NO!!....LOL
Tea Bag

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Third word of the headline says it all :mad:.
But I have to agree with @Borderland , it strikes me as being a 'political' piece in order to gain support for "curbs on access" laws.
It is a scatter gun blast, targeting not only wilding motorhomers, & tenters but also anglers.
Have we really grown up into a generation where we 'expect' someone else to do all our cleaning/clearing up just because we've paid our taxes [or campsite fees]?
...and the old chestnut - do people live like this in their own homes? [Sadly, I think some do].

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Regrettably true. When I cycled from Edinburgh to Dorchester via back roads and heathlands, I was appalled at the polystyrene "clam shells", the empty cans, the "sports drinks" bottles just carelessly discarded in the most remote locations. Why, why, why?? I live near two schools and every day there is a paper trail of discarded sweet wrappers left by thoughtless children never taught that litter dumping is very antisocial and illegal. Sadly, jumping up and down and making a great fuss about it will not change much - I'm not sure what will.

TERRY&PAULINE

Free Member
Feb 18, 2015
coventry
Funster No
MH
autocruise starfire
Exp
since 1987
|If some people lived in a dustbin they would still throw their rubbish in the street,
what a load of scumbags, the few spoiling it for the many as usual, unless they install cameras at these places we don't know what the answer is

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I also have to agree with the idea it is a politically aimed bit of much raking

There is absolutely NOTHING to show this was anything to do with camping

For all anyone knows it could just as easily have been some local low life who had fly tipped the crap there..

Reading the stuff it strikes me as it is more than likely it was dumped by bone idle scum bag fishermen over quite a period of time.. Not just one person or a family that had camped there..

It also strikes me that if the above is true, then it is almost certainly a place in common use.. so why has not the local authority made a bin or rubbish receptical of some kind available ?

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
That looked more like fly tipping than campers! I live near the coast and on the back roads there are frequently fly tips; just last week a couple of mattresses had been dumped on some bushes on an unmade road - so definitely done deliberately.

I really can't understand why anyone flytips either.

Denise

Tom2023

Free Member
Mar 20, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B754
Sadly, as any keen walker will know, litter is a massive problem wherever cars or vans go.

In my experience 90% of litter is down to fast food and drink bottle/cans.

Much of the remaining 10% is dogsh!t bags.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Disgusting and lazy behaviour by a few mindless idiots but many more jobsworths dumping their work rubbish to avoid loclal tip charges:devil:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
...and the old chestnut - do people live like this in their own homes? [Sadly, I think some do].

Yes, they do.

A local landlord remarked after one of his tenants left that some people should not be allowed to rent a kennel never mind a shed. Twelve people have been there for a week and the clean up still isn't done.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
It's not a new problem though.....

Talking to a local bottle collector who showed me the place he found dozens of Georgian and Victorian bottles and wondered why they were in that place.... research showed that a nearby building was originally an alehouse and the customers would buy a bottle for the road.... by the time they got to the place where the bottles were found they were empty and so discarded.

There always were, and always will be scruffy oiks.

I do agree with a clean up meet somewhere - and lots of publicity. As a rural community we do this twice a year anyway...... process is to consult / inform local authority who issue bags and gloves and long reach pick-up tools and the police who loan road signs then you hope for a fine day.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A local group here in Thetford did a clean up of a local area.. The leader got a very nasty letter from the council saying basically they did not have permission to do such a thing and they would prosecute if it happens again !!!!

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We visited portmirion north wales at w/end
the woodland walks so pretty and peaceful
amazed to see litter dropped in such an idyllic surroundings . Unfortunately you see it every where .

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
A local group here in Thetford did a clean up of a local area.. The leader got a very nasty letter from the council saying basically they did not have permission to do such a thing and they would prosecute if it happens again !!!!

Yes, the organiser has to inform the local authority as per my previous post. All due to H&S and possible injury claims. The local authority can also organise insurance cover for the volunteers.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yes, the organiser has to inform the local authority as per my previous post. All due to H&S and possible injury claims. The local authority can also organise insurance cover for the volunteers.
Yup.. and they has applied a couple of times ( it is a church group and the mess was left by louts all around an OAP residence )
The first time they applied they were ignored.. the next time they were asked to produce public liability insurance and submit a risk assessment, which they did..
It all went quite for 4 months so they took the view that all was well and did the job..
Breckland council is infested with people who openly take back handers and do virtually nothing for the people of the area except cause them problems

hate to say it but it is Conservative led, and is possibly one of the worst examples of local govt I have come across ( apart from Suffolk perhaps but that is another story !! )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back