What TV? (1 Viewer)

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Up until now we have always shunned having a TV in our van. In the U.K. just haven't bothered and Europe trips have been up to 3 months previously. Now we are long term winter travellers and staying until March in the south of Spain. Talking to people we discovered Film On and where we had decent wifi we watched live UK TV on an iPad. Now at our long stay site we have hired a router and are watching it using a SIM card as wifi not available. Sorry ,a bit long winded but my question is about a future purchase. What sort of TV/set top box would we need to watch a proper TV using data from a SIM card or wifi if available. Do we have to get a smart TV or do we need a set top box? We would like a TV which we could use in the U.K. Or in Europe but do not want to go down the satellite road. Thanks

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
How about a TVs with built in dtv and sat tuners, DVD player an HDMI and USB socket (you could then use a Chromecast). Then maybe get an R36 router or the like where you can either plug in a USB antenna (wifi) or dongle (cellular data). Link up the Chromecast to router and stream whatever you like. This is all in one and keeps the space to a minimum. Add Bluetooth for blingy sound!!

OP
OP
M
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for your reply Chipster. Now I understand the first bit and think one of the Avtex ones does all that lot. What I don't understand is what Chromecast is?? Also the router? Have been loaned a t-p link thing with small plastic aerials is this the same sort of thing. We don't watch a lot of TV but I spend quite a bit of time on IPad browsing. On sites that provide it I presume that I could plug in a lead from the TV socket to the box on the pitch and not use wifi. Also if I have a laptop with an hdmi socket can I just run the TV from laptop to TV. Sorry for the questions, thought I knew a bit about PC's but never thought about TV before.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back