Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Hey ho. Tis me again.

Next question: I need gas, I have a butane regulator, but when I've looked at butane cylinders I have the choice of ones for 20mm or 21mm regulator. Eh?

I've measured various bits of my regulator - which bit of it is 20 or 21mm?? not that i reckon i could accurately determine with my steel ruler which i had anyway!

If it's any clue, it came attached to an empty Campingaz 6lb butane cylinder.

Rather stupidly IMO the regulator is of a screw-in design that means that you have to twizzle the entire thing, and being attached to the hose makes this a little tricky! I removed the empty cylinder by turning the cylinder - not so easy if it wasa full 7kg one! :thumb:

Thanks once again :Smile:

Jamie

OP
OP
jamieBG
Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
OK, I think I have identified the source of my confustication - is a camping gaz regulator different to a proper regulator anyway? and therefore that's why it doesn't look like a 20,mm or a 21mm valve? Probably he swiped the big cylinder and regulator before he sold it, and replaced it with a little camping kit.

So I've ordered a new propane regulator. At least I know where i am then. Seemed the easiest solution.

Upvote 0

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
good idea because it means you will have gas all year round by using propane

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
OK, I think I have identified the source of my confustication - is a camping gaz regulator different to a proper regulator anyway? and therefore that's why it doesn't look like a 20,mm or a 21mm valve? Probably he swiped the big cylinder and regulator before he sold it, and replaced it with a little camping kit.

So I've ordered a new propane regulator. At least I know where i am then. Seemed the easiest solution.
But do you have a propane cylinder ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jamieBG
Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Not yet :Smile: but my house runs on 47kg cylinders, so I'll just add a 6kg one to my next delivery. Sorted.

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
have you got enough room to tke a bigger bottle as the small ones are expensive on gas.13kg would be better if possible .

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Not yet :Smile: but my house runs on 47kg cylinders, so I'll just add a 6kg one to my next delivery. Sorted.

the deposit on calor cylinders is ridiculously expensive, so it would be cheaper to buy an empty 6kg off gumtree or ebay and get that refilled. I havent paid a deposit for years, but last time I did it was nearly £30 plus the gas. If you lose the paperwork, you cant claim back the deposit, thats why empty cylinders change hands at a cost

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jamieBG
Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
I'm hoping that they won't charge me a deposit on the 6kg, I don't always swap them an empty for a new 47 and it's been fine... I inherited the account when I moved in so also inherited whatever deposit had been paid historically.

fingers-crossed they won't notice a new cylinder on the account.... :Blush:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jamieBG
Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Update!

I tried to sneak the 6kg onto my regular order, but got rumbled and was informed there'd be a 30 quid deposit on the 6kg cyclinder as I dind't have an empty to return. Boo :cry:

BUT, when she read back the total to me it seemed to lack the additional charge... so I kept schtum, handed over my credit card details...

I just checked the internet banking for my pending transactions, and sure enough 70-odd quid which would be about right for just the 47 plus the 6, and no extra charge. result. :thumb:

I love it when a plan comes together.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back