What Should I Do With My Engel Fridge? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I don't have a problem! (well not with this topic.)

The engineer in Southampton told me so.

The fridge/freezer is only using 1.5 amps.

No worries.

I simply stick paper over the gauge which so many people tell me is inaccurate with its reading of 10 amps and all is well. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for everyone's concern.

Anyone need ice cubes?

Might be offline a little later when my batteries go flat...:ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

PS. Anyone want to buy a new(ish) fridge?

Best suited for the hard of hearing unless you find the sound of a cooling fan running 24 hours a day soothing.

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
JJ, even I am getting worried about your fridge now, its just not keeping you chilled. :Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Good :wooo::beer: now you can relax, its just not good for the blood presure:imoutahere::Smile:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Moaning about the fridge is my relaxation Carol.

I do it when taking a break from transcribing eighty thousand words spoken in "Spanglish" into understandable English for the sub-titles of these DVDs...

Better get back to them now!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Moaning about the fridge is my relaxation Carol.

I do it when taking a break from transcribing eighty thousand words spoken in "Spanglish" into understandable English for the sub-titles of these DVDs...

Better get back to them now!

Eddie's always says he never understands women, and I say I never understand men perhaps thats how it works :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi jj. having met loads with 12v compressor fridges .i must say when i saw a mate with a household fridge working through an inverter i thought i like that. i,m sure its easier to have more panels another battery and an inverter plus buy a new house hold fridge cheaper than getting the 12v version . and it seems much less hassle .
i have been using an old secondhand fridge that as now packed up . hope to get another soon or will buy a new one . still buy a under counter in uk for about 90 quid . a table top about 75quid .bet you wished you had done that. cheers hope you get sorted soon .

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
hi jj. having met loads with 12v compressor fridges .i must say when i saw a mate with a household fridge working through an inverter i thought i like that. i,m sure its easier to have more panels another battery and an inverter plus buy a new house hold fridge cheaper than getting the 12v version . and it seems much less hassle .
i have been using an old secondhand fridge that as now packed up . hope to get another soon or will buy a new one . still buy a under counter in uk for about 90 quid . a table top about 75quid .[HI]bet you wished you had done that.[/HI] cheers hope you get sorted soon .

Not really Alan... already have domestic type fridges in both vehicles and no house to worry about... :ROFLMAO:

This one was bought as a standby in case the Hymer fridge wasn't up to the job when on holiday with Frankie and because it could be moved from one van to the other and also into the company truck filled with drinks when on tour. Also it could freeze road kill for a cheap meal later.:)Rofl1:).

Can't see myself lugging a domestic fridge from one van to another together with inverters and wires and bungey cords to hold it in place...:Eeek: :Eeek: :Eeek:

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We have one clearly labelled 16A.

I have had problems with the tip, often plain copper in the socket so subject to tarnishing. The side wipes are more or less self cleaning. So have a look at you tip and where you put it.

The DIN version Snowbird mentions has a clip that grips the improved tip so also self cleaning, should not fall out, all-round better. Our FIAT bit has cigarette the German half have the DIN connectors. A bit of a pain.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

This one is fused but I hink they all are....use the red plastic end for normal cigar lighters and remove the red plastic for the din socket

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread