May 2, 2017
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V Line 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Dear Knowledgeable Crowd,
I know what you're thinking....."why did we ever agree to this bloke becoming a member here"..Well, apologies in advance but I've been scratching my head about something else on this lovely motorhome of ours.

The attached picture shows a small slider style control that is mounted low down on the LH (nearside) of the dashboard. It bears Red and Blue arrows (hot & cold?) on the slider and a faded Truma logo...that'll be the heating then. It seems to be fed by one wire, but who knows what else might lurk behind in the dark recesses of the dashboard. I thought it might be something like giving more heat to the cab and less to the back of the van maybe? However, it doesn't seem to do anything when slid this way or the other. We have the normal Truma Combi Controls for energy source and hot water/space heating (Truma Combi 6) and they seem to work as they should. But what is this thing?

I should add that I have yet to try setting the flux capacitor and driving down main street at 88 mph to try to disrupt the time space continuum as I may not have enough Deuterium crystals (try unpicking that lot!)

Can anyone help?

As always, grateful for all responses and in awe of your collective intellect.

Steve

IMG_7265.jpg

LuckyLuke

Free Member
Aug 16, 2017
France & UK
Funster No
MH
A - Class / Integral
I see you have some sensible responses - but actually its a 'newbie' switch. These switches, clearly labelled Truma are installed by the MH dealer when they know its your first van. They serve three purposes, firstly for the amusement of the more experienced MH'er to see the puzzled faces on the newbie, secondly they illuminate a light on the rear of the MH to flag to others that you are a newbie and they should gather round to enable then to be amused when you try to level said vehicle and thirdly its designed to keep you awake at night worrying about it, so that invariably think you have a problem with your bed layout and trade the MH on for another one with a different layout. PS my van has one too, its just different from yours as that's half the fun..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back