hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have been on the road for a month now, we left our home in Valencia on May1 st and are now encamped at Drove lea farm Hampshire.
The reason is our daughter who lives in Gosport is about to have our first grandchild ..... it could happen tonight.
Of all the uk motorhomes we have seen not one has had a Motorhomefun window sticker,are we the only ones that have one????

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
nope i have 2 of them, one on both windows in the bedroom area but we are at home at present

Locky

Free Member
May 28, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 months and loving it
Did not know they existed until you mentioned it......have jsut purchased two.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We have motorhome fun stickers xxxx

went to bournemouth and back in the car last week for my aunts 88th Birthday, passed loads of motorhomes both ways and not one fun sticker seen either xxx

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Because of the size and shape of the pennant, it is often in a side window, that, and the fact that we have only sold a few anyway, is why they are hard to spot.

But I am making a new sticker soon..

If you went to the Newbury Show or looked at the pictures, you will see that Funsters were wearing Smiley face badges. I invested in a badge making machine and they look great. The round badges lent themselves well to become smileys and you can see some of the designs young James is wearing below.

I think the smiley is so fitting for our forum so I as soon as I can afford it I will be buying a few thousand sticker with a smiley design, just a bit bigger than a tax disc, hopefully funsters will stick it by the tax so that you should be able to spot a Funster coming from way ahead:thumb:

Its my intention to give the stickers away free to Funsters at shows or by sending me a SAE so I can send them out. Meanwhile, if you want a badge you need to see me at a meet or show. :thumb:

badges.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
not surprised you havent seen any......

if 5% of the total funster population have a sticker, and that figures being generous and probably double the true amount, it will be around 550 stickers.

there are around 225'000 miles of road in the uk.

so one van with a sticker for every 411 miles of road and if you miss that one...well, its a long wait for the next one :ROFLMAO:

incidently, i have 4....2 in the screen and 2 in the back window :thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We were reprimanded by our sons junior school for covering his books in smiley paper a number of years ago and the school insisted all the books we recovered more appropriately.

We just thought the paper was fun but apparently its a drugs symbol

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Pleased to her about the new stickers. I have one of the old large ones somewhere but OH has vetoed sticking it on as she thinks it's OTT.

I'm sure the small one will not cause offense.:Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just bought 2 as nearlyretired says O H will think there ott but ifit helps Jim with the site its worth it.

Gerry

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I bought two, but by the time I ruled out

1. rear windows - not enough space around the demisting tracks;
2. front window - sticker too big/windscreen too small;
3. top window - opaque screen stops you seeing anything through it;

that only left some side windows, so I've only used one.

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
::bigsmile:I have a motorhome fun sticker on the windscreen and I have not seen anyone else with one yet, going on to Mablethorpe in a weks time then on to Skegnes for a week so watch out for me Araphao six wheeler with a blue smart car, give me a wave, I wave to everyone.
kennygd:thumb:

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
::bigsmile:I have a motorhome fun sticker on the windscreen and I have not seen anyone else with one yet, going on to Mablethorpe in a weks time then on to Skegnes for a week so watch out for me Araphao six wheeler with a blue smart car, give me a wave, I wave to everyone.
kennygd:thumb:

:ROFLMAO:We have given up waving, as everyone think's we are pikie's and will nick some more air out of their tyre's :ROFLMAO:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
I have penant in the back window, so that when the fast m/homes speed past me anyone can see, as everybody else seems to go a lot faster than me:Smile:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I have a Pennant in the rear window - so all those people I'm holding up can see what fun I'm having:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Phil

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We have one, on the passenger side window. I did put it on the back window but because our windows are tinted you couldnt see it.

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have a pennant on the back window of the van plus a sticker, a sticker on the windscreen above the Tax disc, a sticker on the rear window of the Smart and one on the rear window of the 307 :Smile::Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have one on my front window that Jim kindly included with a book I bought:thumb:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Because of the size and shape of the pennant, it is often in a side window, that, and the fact that we have only sold a few anyway, is why they are hard to spot.

But I am making a new sticker soon..

If you went to the Newbury Show or looked at the pictures, you will see that Funsters were wearing Smiley face badges. I invested in a badge making machine and they look great. The round badges lent themselves well to become smileys and you can see some of the designs young James is wearing below.

I think the smiley is so fitting for our forum so I as soon as I can afford it I will be buying a few thousand sticker with a smiley design, just a bit bigger than a tax disc, hopefully funsters will stick it by the tax so that you should be able to spot a Funster coming from way ahead:thumb:

Its my intention to give the stickers away free to Funsters at shows or by sending me a SAE so I can send them out. Meanwhile, if you want a badge you need to see me at a meet or show. :thumb:

badges.png

Jim,
Just a suggestion and not fully thought through, but is there some way an introduction card might be produced so when we meet up with fellow MH's who are not funsters we can give them an invitation/publicity leaflet.
You would not need to print them if they were available to download on line. We could print our own off then as and when we need them.

Just a thought Jim................... and thanks for all your work keeping the site the fun site it continues to be.

Norman

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'm sure Jim will send you some Norman...send Jim a PM....maybe need to send him a stamped addressed envolope.

i ask for a few more at Malvern and he shoved around 100 in my hand :Eeek::thumb:

they even have a blank space on the back to add your name as an introducer.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We have been on the road for a month now, we left our home in Valencia on May1 st and are now encamped at Drove lea farm Hampshire.
The reason is our daughter who lives in Gosport is about to have our first grandchild ..... it could happen tonight.
Of all the uk motorhomes we have seen not one has had a Motorhomefun window sticker,are we the only ones that have one????

Hi Hogan
We stopped there in Feb, watch it if it's wet we got stuck in the mud. Pete :thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Winter in the MH?

We are thinking about going south in the MH maybe late January next year. I hate the UK winters and with the price of heating oil and the leccy these days, we thought it might be cheaper to swan off to warmer climes::bigsmile: Does anyone have any ideas on this, as we wondered if it might work out cheaper than staying at home for the worst part of the winter?
I will take my knitting with me in case we can't find enough things to do:winky: and as long as I have my fluffy socks I should be warm enough::bigsmile:
Just wondered if anyone else has done this before?::bigsmile:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We got one in the rear window, find em a bit too big for the front screen, havn't seen another yet in our travels.

When stopped, having some lunch, in a layby, some one asked what the smiley was all about, we explained, seems the guy thought "Funster" had another meaning! :RollEyes::Blush:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
I put ours in the back of the trailer but as the windows are tinted and they stick inside it is not too noticeable.

What I need is one that is weatherproof and sticks on the outside:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back