What motorhome to carry scooter

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Hawcara, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Hawcara

Hawcara Read Only Funster

I seem to be going around in circles.:Rofl1:
    We are looking for our first motorhome. There are only two of us and we are carrying out a lot of research.
    Ideally we want a fixed bed for the garage to store stuff, low profile,but wish to carry a small scooter about 125cc.
    When I email a manufacturer, they seem to say ah well.. you can put 100kg or less on the back but that's it.:Blush:
    I have looked at Easylifter and that seems a good idea but there maybe problems.
    So, can funsters give me a list of motorhomes that would be suitable to carry a scooter.
    We are in the early stages and will be buying in 2011. Currently have a caravan.
    Thank you:Smile:

2. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

scooter

a big hello to you. we have an Auto Cruise Starfire, same as an auto sleeper nouvo, had a chassis extension and tow bar made,, and fitted a rack made by Wattling enginers, they are on the web,, at st albans. we carried a 125 honda motor bike. took it down to the med, over the alps , and lots of trips. never a problem,, so give them a look, or call them, they are great people, good luck :thumb::thumb:

3. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

How about one of these? They can carry up to 150kg in the garage. :thumb:

http://www.blackcountrycaravans.co.uk/stocklist.aspx?id=486

We're getting one on Monday and have a scooter which we're hoping to take with us some of the time. I hasten to add that we're paying more than this for our van, just over £37,000 for the same model, same spec but as we have a van to PX we went for the best 'how much to swap' deal (getting £3,000 more from someone else).

But as you don't have a PX and if they still have it, it is an absolute bargain!

:Smile: