What Makes your life easier whilst M.H.'ing (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
How many members keep their water tank brimmed?

I always run with a quarter tank (being thrifty and worried about the weight) I cant see the point of carrying a ton of water to France for instance. I only half fill it when we need a shower and then empty the grey waste as soon as possible - never run out yet.
We do keep drinking water in 5 ltr supermarket water containers but I'm considering this to be a waste of time as this tank water doesn't seem to taint the water like the old van.
not carrying water is fine for those who use sites, for the rest of us who never know where the next fill will come from we run full.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
not carrying water is fine for those who use sites, for the rest of us who never know where the next fill will come from we run full.
Yup, we always run full. As soon as we get it home, dump the grey, fill up the fresh. Obviously the fuel is always brimmed. Like to have it ready to go at a moments notice :D

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'm slightly bemused with all the folk running around with empty water tanks to save fuel,

More so there is extra payload for other important things in our case! Two cycles, kayaks and all the gear - and even though we do have enough payload I'm always conscious that at some point we may need that extra 50 or 100 kg.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We carry everything we want including full water always, 650 motorbike, 2 electric bikes, Jans sewing machine and equipment a small washer dryer plus loads more. And if we wanted to tow a car we'd do that as well
Why
Because we can and because we want to and never feel the need to justify it to others. All the comforts of home Yes you bet, whats wrong with that?
If I wanna camp or rough it I chuck a tent on my motorbike and go off on my own.
Thank god we're all different.:eek:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thank god we're all different.
Too right! we're all VERY different here on FUN :)
I know lots want to have gadgets, bells and whistles; which is great, there could be somebody nearby that I can scrounge off if I need to :whistle:
But for me, what "makes my life easier" is that I want as minimalist an existence as Him Indoors will allow ;)

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Forestboy,

Totally agree , our MH is our luxury apartment on wheels !

However can't agree with your signature !

Two wheels bad !
Four wheels good !

image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

We never use sites.

We always find water, in fact I actually enjoy finding it in obscure locations, as much as finding a place to stay overnight. If we were ever desperate we could always pay a camp site a few quid to let use their service facility's. Although I do appreciate not everybody could cope with the worry.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Anyone got any tips for getting a fly out of the void in a window? Not sure how it got in there but it's a bit gross
remove window there usually are some small plastic plugs shack offending fly to one of the plug holes and suck it out with vacuum hover make sure you have taken out any other plastic plugs or you will collapse the window
I had the same thing happen to me on my old van remember to replace plugs
bill

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We never use sites.

We always find water, in fact I actually enjoy finding it in obscure locations, as much as finding a place to stay overnight. If we were ever desperate we could always pay a camp site a few quid to let use their service facility's. Although I do appreciate not everybody could cope with the worry.
we very rarely use sites we normally ask if we can have some water while we fill with fuel if the answer is no they lose a sale and we go some where that will give us water
cemetery's always have a tap discretion is the key early mornings
bill

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We boil a full kettle first thing then pour the excess water into a stainless steel thermal jug. Then we can make the next few coffees without having to boil the kettle. For us its more the time saving, but it saves steaming the van up and saves gas also.
Now use this tip all the time so thank you for that one (y) Ideal for a very quick cuppa when marshalling or busy at meets especially when not on hook up.

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
We run full too as we never know where we will be stopping next and this maximises our options. If we find ourselves somewhere with fresh water and cassette and grey emptying we'll use them but can happily go for three days without and that includes using the shower, cooking, etc. That's what the motorhome's tanks are for! We never use sites - why pay for facilities when you have everything you need on board? Not only that, but all this fuss with watering cans and aquarolls is caravan-speak, in my opinion. But each to his own.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
In May 2015, in this very thread, I suggested carrying big bundles of cash in order to make your motorhoming life easier...

Now, in May 2017, I suggest not bothering with the cash and use a Revolut Card instead.

Practically the same... :whistle:

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back