what makes you proud to be british (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
That is not what it says on my pass port and every other official document that I process. It always says that I am British and I live in the united kingdom. Surely they wouldn't be intentionally misleading. Come on Mr T keep up....:)
OK, so where were you born?? Your British by design, but by being so, you were either born in England, Scotland, Ireland (North), or Wales......+ Channel Islands??? Anyway, I take it your English.
Never mind what your passport states. (y) It says PERSIL on the sides of buses, but they don't take in washing. :)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
OK, so where were you born?? Your British by design, but by being so, you were either born in England, Scotland, Ireland (North), or Wales......+ Channel Islands??? Anyway, I take it your English.
Never mind what your passport states. (y) It says PERSIL on the sides of buses, but they don't take in washing. :)
I watched the Edinburgh tattoo last night God save our queen rang out across Scotland in respect of the Queen of Great Britain. Now where was she born...:)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Our heritage, our armed forces, the royal family, our sportsmen and women,what remains of our culture, our democracy and the NHS.

Lots of things make me less proud but I am staying positive
Nothing to add to above, nicely put..............

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
C'mon toots....its over...move on:D

Do you believe that ? It's like cancer, hundreds of years of hatred, you can't just cure it overnight.

Same in middle east. Age old boundary changes, different peoples brought together by modern transport, disaster.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The world is not a perfect place,................... but it's pretty damn good.

Which world you you inhabit ?

Half my world is starving and living just a bit better than animals, the other half is powered by greed and destroying the planet to fuel this.

The last laugh is when the lights go out it's the starving ones that might survive.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If the collapse of capitalism does happen, then the folk who have chosen the simple life, off grid, and without seeking all the image driven rubbish that so many people have been told they want and need, will be best placed to be happy, comfortable and content.

They won't get stressed because their towels aren't clean or the loo doesn't flush...

JJ :cool:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
The fact that some of you lot can whine and moan without having someone come bang on your door rape your wife shoot you dead and decapitate your children for the things you moan about makes me proud to be British.

The fact that rightly or wrongly one son thinks he can make a huge difference to the above by serving within the finest military in the world.

The fact that my other son can marry the boy of his dreams when the time suits to show that he is as equal as the next man regardless of sexuality and display that he loves another in society without persecution.

The fact my routes show I am "Johnny foreigner" born to a Portuguese mother that now spends her time telling me that the country has too many foreigners in!!!! you couldn't make it up...

I am proud to be an accepting person first and a Brit second.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
They never walk away from trouble
And defend the underdog(unles they are from Calais)

Mel

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If the collapse of capitalism does happen, then the folk who have chosen the simple life, off grid, and without seeking all the image driven rubbish that so many people have been told they want and need, will be best placed to be happy, comfortable and content.

They won't get stressed because their towels aren't clean or the loo doesn't flush...

You really believe that?? Do you really think that if the present order(s) collapsed, you and many others would just be allowed to formulate a life of complete contentment and harmony? Allow me to explain. You would be one of the first to be shipped off to a gulag, or what the hell ever. Why? Because your an itinerant, a person not living within the structured 'order', an outcast, and to top it all, a potential trouble maker to the new regime.
The best hopes that those have of living a 'comfortable and content life', is under a capitalist regime, because you haven't got sod all they want!
Without them the Allies would have lost...
In the reverse. Without the allies committing to a second front in 1944, the Soviets would probably have lost. Don't forget, both Hitler and Stalin were in bed together until 1941, carving up Poland, and supplying each other with raw materials.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I watched the Edinburgh tattoo last night God save our queen rang out across Scotland in respect of the Queen of Great Britain. Now where was she born...:)
She was born in Mayfair, London. Doesn't that make her English?

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Now that's tough.... Not sure I'm proud of being something that I had no influence on being..lol

But one thing the uk should be proud of is the NHS

I might have agreed about the NHS if I had not waited 3 weeks for an X ray result and now had to go private for a CT scan because getting results of that would take another 4 weeks or on the NHS !

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I might have agreed about the NHS if I had not waited 3 weeks for an X ray result and now had to go private for a CT scan because getting results of that would take another 4 weeks or on the NHS !
Those times are pretty quick.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
you and many others would just be allowed to formulate a life of complete contentment and harmony?

I am not sure I explained myself very well...

I am sure, however, you didn't understand my point!

And by the way... nobody... I repeat NOBODY... will be taking me off to a gulag.

Where on earth do these thoughts come from?

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Q16. Does The Queen hold a passport?

A. As a British passport is issued in the name of Her Majesty, it is unnecessary for The Queen to possess one. All other members of the Royal Family, including The Duke of Edinburgh and The Prince of Wales, have passports.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I am not sure I explained myself very well...

I am sure, however, you didn't understand my point!

And by the way... nobody... I repeat NOBODY... will be taking me off to a gulag.

Where on earth do these thoughts come from?

You wrote:-

I did, of coarse, understand your point, hence the formulation of my reply to you. My thoughts came from the words you wrote.
You must live in a very sheltered world JJ, if you think for one moment what would be required to collapse capitalism. The void left would be quickly occupied by every tin-pot dictator, or Marxist entity that had enough arms and power to make their rule stick. Mayhem would ensue, with the strong possibility of multiple civil wars between those vying for ultimate power. Those who did not fall into the status quo would be the first to be 're-educated'. Your personal lifestyle, (as nice as it is), would be a targeted by those who would wish conformity in the new order.
Then I'm afraid that your only recourse would be suicide. (y)

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
To remember my mates who on this day, 34 years ago, landed on the Falkland Islands to retake them. Some had already died, more were about to.

We were a proud country with strong, decisive political leaders and military commanders who knew their business and got on with it.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Leicester City Football Club!

Our theatrical expertise. NHS, our Armed Forces. Beautiful scenery. Our weather. (?) Feeling safe. Our food. Lots of things. The Proms.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
To remember my mates who on this day, 34 years ago, landed on the Falkland Islands to retake them. Some had already died, more were about to.

We were a proud country with strong, decisive political leaders and military commanders who knew their business and got on with it.
Top post. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I think we should be proud of our tenacity and sense of fair play.
Every year, we share our income with our European neighbours via the EU, help pay for Eurovision and all they do is kick us in the bollocks!

Well, to take that with a smile makes us special!:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back