Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Is when people keep saying my motorhome is a budget model, I paid best part of 50k for my Chausson new last year and to some it is a budget model.
Well if you have a car which cost 20k and your neighbour bought a car costing 25k would you like him to tell you that yours is a budget model, if they were both new cars?
If e.g. You had a Hymer second hand and paid 20k and your neighbour bought a new Rollerteam for 45k would you tell him he had a budget model?
So leave me alone please or I will scream.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Well my PVC used to be a builder's van, so I would not dream of telling anyone they had a budget model - £50k sounds like a lot of money to me. In fact it's £7k more than the sum of purchase prices for all 3 of my vans. You must be rich!! And why bother anyway??

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
image.jpeg

That's quite a lot to pay for one, so no way is cheep (cheep cheep) :clap2::reel::doh::rofl:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Is when people keep saying my motorhome is a budget model, I paid best part of 50k for my Chausson new last year and to some it is a budget model.
Well if you have a car which cost 20k and your neighbour bought a car costing 25k would you like him to tell you that yours is a budget model, if they were both new cars?
If e.g. You had a Hymer second hand and paid 20k and your neighbour bought a new Rollerteam for 45k would you tell him he had a budget model?
So leave me alone please or I will scream.
You only paid 50k for your motorhome??are you one of those poor people that we hear about??:LOL::LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Has to be said,

You paid, "How Much!!!"

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Whats 50k these days you can pay more than that for a car.;):D(y)

It does not matter how much you pay for a van its down to what you want as long as you are happy with the van tell them to pi$$ off we paid 35k for our van and we love it.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Ours was just a smidgeon under £20k, it is what is called an "entry level M/H"
It's got a 3 way fridge, separate shower, swivel loo, fixed bed, dinette, blinds, insect screens ,4 burner hob and grill, dinette, 4 belts, sleeps 4, very large Storage area under the fixed bed, heaps of storage over, hot water and heating. We have added a few bit THAT WE THOUGHT WERE NESSASARY! It's paid for, we owe nobody nothing!

We're happy with what we got, 2/5ths of what you paid, we use it every month for a week minimum.

Be happy with what ever you've got, use it, enjoy it! Who gives a flying rats what people think of your M/H

YOU! shouldn't It's paid for

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Five years to the day we were in our budget van hereView attachment 124418

Have you just got back??

I borrowed one of those once, felt like you were going uphill all the time, it was like being in a blender full of golf balls. Plenty of room though

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Ours cost 3k ..... 50k isn't budget and it certainly isn't entry level... did you win the lottery? :)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Being pedantic - the Flash is Chausson's entry level with the Welcome being their 'premium' trim brand.

And with Motorhomes costing £200k, comparatively £50k isn't much.

All groups have a range of brands - Hymer have budget Sunlight as their "budget" range.

But
as everyone above has pointed out - if you're happy with what you bought then sod what anyone else thinks...

(owner of a 12year old Ace Modena which was the entry level range of Swift which in themselves are considered to be a "budget" manufacturer).

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When people come to see me they say - "By heck, that's a big one" - and sometimes they're referring to the Motorhome!

Fatty!!!! :LOL:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Being pedantic - the Flash is Chausson's entry level with the Welcome being their 'premium' trim brand.

And with Motorhomes costing £200k, comparatively £50k isn't much.

All groups have a range of brands - Hymer have budget Sunlight as their "budget" range.

But
as everyone above has pointed out - if you're happy with what you bought then sod what anyone else thinks...

(owner of a 12year old Ace Modena which was the entry level range of Swift which in themselves are considered to be a "budget" manufacturer).

You are not really helping the OPs ego here, you could have been a little more sort of , indirect ;)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
You are not really helping the OPs ego here, you could have been a little more sort of , indirect ;)
Thought he'd had plenty of ego massage from the 2 pages of previous posts :D.

Just providing a little... um.... balance :whistle:.

My advice to the OP is ignore anyone who is a brand snob... being able to buy new (at any level) is not to be sniffed at.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back