What makes a good MH forum ? (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I find this site great, have a laugh :ROFLMAO: or have a moan :Angry: , always fun.
I have been a member of ARVM fo around 5 years but after a few attempts their system would never let me on the forum. Oh well ::bigsmile:

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
I belong to several sites, but this seems the friendliest.

I like the way we can all add our pics as avatars - some sites charge for this!
Having a piccy up gives a more personal touch :Smile:

I've not been able to post for a while because of computer probs. so I'm pleased to be back!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Just you all:Smile::winky:!!!! I'm not even a motorhomer (still hoping to be one someday...!) and as a foreigner you all made me feel at home. This family is very very special to me, and the wonder of it, is that, no need to wait for a new born .... everyday this family is growing in number. Long life to this site!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Plus amicalement que jamais....

Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weejocky

Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
I'm counted as a 'member' on another site that boasts a large membership - but I can only read some of the posts and am not allowed to post myself - limited observer would be a better title.

:Smile:
Keith

I may know the site, it boasts 42,000 members with around 3000 proper paid up members and unless you are one of the payers you will never really feel like a proper member as facilities are limited to non payers. The differences in forums like this one, and especially this one, is that everyone, even those that have never posted feel like they belong, that they are a "funster"

I have only half a dozen posts here but I do feel so comfortable whenever I visit, nothing to do with cost, I would pay to come here. Unlike that other site where for every 100 that join, 93 decide it is not worth even £10. :Smile: but this fun place is priceless:ROFLMAO:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
I may know the site, it boasts 42,000 members with around 3000 proper paid up members and unless you are one of the payers you will never really feel like a proper member as facilities are limited to non payers. The differences in forums like this one, and especially this one, is that everyone, even those that have never posted feel like they belong, that they are a "funster"

I have only half a dozen posts here but I do feel so comfortable whenever I visit, nothing to do with cost, I would pay to come here. Unlike that other site where for every 100 that join, 93 decide it is not worth even £10. :Smile: but this fun place is priceless:ROFLMAO:

We all know the site and it is more than worth the £10 per annum with the genuine advice and help that the site gives. I think it has managed to rid itself of most of the 'bad' people over the years and is a joy to be a member of, as is this one of course.

Some people just don't like paying for anything and when you think the effort that people put in to run sites such as this paying an annual subscription is such a good idea.

I really wish that Jim had not been so adamant that he would not charge. After all his efforts have been sterling and an annual fee would be a good reward.

As it happens I pay on many sites and am happy to do so.

Best regards

Chris

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
:Smile:I love the friendly atmosphere on here and no matter daft question you think you are asking someone always comes back with a sensible answer:thumb:
Kennygd

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
WELL i find this one to be the best as you all know am not red hot on spelling put every one seems to know wot am on about and when some one dose have a go at me for my bad spelling then the funsters come out and speak up for me .PLUS THIS IS THE ONLY SITE THAT AS NOT BAND ME FOR MY SPLLING so this is the only plce to be :RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
WELL i find this one to be the best as you all know am not red hot on spelling put every one seems to know wot am on about and when some one dose have a go at me for my bad spelling then the funsters come out and speak up for me .PLUS THIS IS THE ONLY SITE THAT AS NOT BAND ME FOR MY SPLLING so this is the only plce to be :RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

Like I said before, Hayley, everyone is here because they love motorhoming and travelling - everyone is equal!

We all know what you mean, and when people pay more attention to your post rather than scanning it - they really do know what you are getting across.

It's not bad spelling...Its' character!:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
One of the things that make a good forum is for it not to have cliques, it is so off putting for new members.
On fun it is just like one big family with everyone looking out for every one else, in the couple of months I have been on here everyone is made so welcome, just to jump in and join in the fun. :thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I like every thing about this site, the threads, the quiz, the jokes, and of course the people who make it what it is, brilliant !!!!!!!!there soooo many nice folk :thumb::thumb::thumb:I spend more time on here than watchin telly or talkin to SWMBO

JAY KAY

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Shotgate, Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
15+
I agree with all that has been said on previous replies, very freindly and helpful site but it would be interesting to know how funsters found this site in the first place, perhaps that would need as seperate thread though. I found this site from a thread on another site mentioning a post on here, not good for the other site as I have not been back, a better quality of insults here.

John D

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
This is the only forum I am on. I am not brill on the computer and find this is just right for me if I make mistakes or do things wrong people help me. What more could you ask for

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
I agree with all that has been said on previous replies, very freindly and helpful site but it would be interesting to know how funsters found this site in the first place, perhaps that would need as seperate thread though. I found this site from a thread on another site mentioning a post on here, not good for the other site as I have not been back, a better quality of insults here.

John D
:Smile: Hi we were told about this site through someone in a Aire in the middle of France last year and not looked back since as I still have his genny !:ROFLMAO:
just joking

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back