What kit do we need to ditch from the Caravan ? (1 Viewer)

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Simple question after 20 years tugging we have accumulated loads of stuff

We KNOW we won't need
Wastemasters and outlet adapters
one of the Aquarolls
and maybe the corner steady security locks
Extension mirrors
trailer board

BUT
do we need to keep
waste hose (5m)
Two 240v cables (Probably will)
Storm Strap for awning

Know we DO need to KEEP
Ramps and Chocks
Groundsheets for under awning carpets
Water hose to fill tank
240v cable x1 possibly both

Open to suggestions on what is I know a short list so much stuff we have got

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Yes but
we have been around France a lot and find that a large number of sites have only 6 amps which is why we went over to Solar charging for the battery so we could at least have the fridge running thereby saving gas

We have seen someone try to use one of these for two vans in the UK the site was 10 amps and they couldn't understand why the post kept tripping when they switched on their microwave :ROFLMAO:

Your not talking about a 3 way fridge are you because they only run on 12 volt when vehicle is running,,,as far as i know. BUSBY,,

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We get at least 3 weeks in the summer on one 11kg gas bottle for hot water/cooking (a bit!) and the fridge so don't really think its worth running the fridge on battery especially as it doesn't seem to keep it cold as well when its in the 30's outside.
Your not talking about a 3 way fridge are you because they only run on 12 volt when vehicle is running,,,as far as i know. BUSBY,,
I thought the same Busby ... we made this mistake with our first ever 'manufacturer built' MH ... came back to melted ice-cream! :D

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
One of these can be quite handy if you are staying on aires and 2 star municipal campsites...

IN0010_3702c309-e33c-4647-aa55-b8f0e79445aa_grande.png

as there is often not enough power post, or some are broken/tripped
That will be another one tripped if you all plug into that:LOL:

Martin

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It just adds to the fun.

So one of these can be handy
Pack-Of-2-font-b-Plumbers-b-font-Multi-font-b-Tool-b-font-Utility-Key.jpg

A 10mm socket fits those triangular 'thingy's '(technical term) that locks the Lekky boxes in France.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Parker and Penelope

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
Boston, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Trevor,
Just read your comment about using more than one electric cable - up to 60 metres. Wow! I seem to remember reading a comment about not exceeding about 30 metres because there's a trade-off on power leakage - or some other technical term. I have been on sites where multiple extension use is commonplace. Wondering now whether the 'experts' on the forum might like to put the matter to bed, so to speak. Chris.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We just stick with two watering cans. They fit every known tap even the water fountain in Buxton. Also keeps you fit a quick walk to the tap. Two watering cans are easier to carry than one and you don't have to walk as far.

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Hi Trevor,
Just read your comment about using more than one electric cable - up to 60 metres. Wow! I seem to remember reading a comment about not exceeding about 30 metres because there's a trade-off on power leakage - or some other technical term. I have been on sites where multiple extension use is commonplace. Wondering now whether the 'experts' on the forum might like to put the matter to bed, so to speak. Chris.

Hi Chris

I try to use my shorter cable (10m) if I can, but I have connected 2 or 3 cables a few times when the EHU point wasn't that close when I have been in France. The longer the cable run, the greater volt drop you get. My cables are all 2.5mm, so the volt drop isn't that bad and not worth worrying about as a lot of continental sites have a slightly lower voltage

Cheers

Trevor

Upvote 0

Parker and Penelope

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
Boston, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Trevor,
Thanks for the information. We stayed on a site south of Brioncon a couple of years ago where the ehu points were few and far between. Regularly drove over very long cables strung across site roads to reach points on the other side. Thought at the time that you get can't be right. Needs must, I suppose!
Cheers
Chris

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
An absolute, must have, essential. :LOL:

Carted one around for about 6 years and never used it.

Richard.
If I'm on an aire and there are no hook-ups left I have been know to offer it to new arrivals. Most only want to keep the fridge, TV and lights going :angel:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back