What is the VW\Volvo of the Motorhoming World? (1 Viewer)

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Relating to a previous posting, I wish to upgrade my Motorhome. I have @ 20k to spend. Which seems to give me a wide and varying range of Van.

Now I rather spend money on a old-ish good 'un then a new-ish so-so van.
So which van is considered the Volvo\VW of the Motorhome world.

What i mean is, it is not necessarily the most beautiful craft van, but is well build/designed, realible and holds is price well.

Now my limited research is led me to the Hymer...well its German so maybe there is something in that!?

Look forward to your comments.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Have to agree the Hymer has long been considered the best, when i first ventured into M/Homing I thought they were all as ugly as sin, but when you have seen enough of them you realise beauty is after all only skin deep, my all time favorite is the Hobby 700 range ,followed by the earlier Swift Kontiki's upto 1998 ish after that they went from Swifts flagship to being built to a price, Im sure after afew of us have responded you will be as clueless as ever, as we all have our preferences:RollEyes:
Geo

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I also love the older Hymers, 20k will get you a very nice one .. up to about 1995 even cheaper if you buy in Germany

My preference is Merc chassis ..

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

deepstar

Free Member
Dec 27, 2007
lancashire
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
30+
vw volvo

Relating to a previous posting, I wish to upgrade my Motorhome. I have @ 20k to spend. Which seems to give me a wide and varying range of Van.

Now I rather spend money on a old-ish good 'un then a new-ish so-so van.
So which van is considered the Volvo\VW of the Motorhome world.

What i mean is, it is not necessarily the most beautiful craft van, but is well build/designed, realible and holds is price well.

Now my limited research is led me to the Hymer...well its German so maybe there is something in that!?

Look forward to your comments.

hi
if youve got 20grand and there are only two of you you wont find many m/hbetter than burstners or rapidos interiors are very good quality you may be lucky and get merc

happy hunting
:Sad:

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
volvo?

have to agree hymers are as ugly as sin, but loads about. my only reservation with an old one (like me) is that all the fittings are likely to be old (like me) and could be on their last legs (like me). but build quality seems very good (like me).
the best thing is to go and look.
buy one and enjoy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back