What Is The Function Of This Knob (1 Viewer)

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I assume the fire is a Truma S3002 model, if so what colour is the flame? It should be light blue and stable, if its orange and unstable and making unusual noises then the fire is not getting enough air and is dangerous doe to excessive CO levels being generated.

D.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Depends what you really want out of your knob....

Some have a preference for a large robust one...so you can get a good grip..

Some prefer a more delicate knob which relies on gentle fiddling to get optimum performance..

Some don't care and just grateful to get sight of one....

My granny used to say " anything more than a handful is a waste.."

Knobs are not as simple as they initially look... Oops slipped back to political parties again....

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I assume the fire is a Truma S3002 model, if so what colour is the flame? It should be light blue and stable, if its orange and unstable and making unusual noises then the fire is not getting enough air and is dangerous doe to excessive CO levels being generated.

D.
Ive just lit it and watched it .The flame is blue when its lit but turns orange immediately before going out then it restarts itself sometimes making a spluttering sound.
Now its staying on less than a minute so I am not going to risk our lives.
If there is nothing you can suggest I try to clean then it will be an engineers visit. Thanks very much for all your help.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Ive just lit it and watched it .The flame is blue when its lit but turns orange immediately before going out then it restarts itself sometimes making a spluttering sound.
Now its staying on less than a minute so I am not going to risk our lives.
If there is nothing you can suggest I try to clean then it will be an engineers visit. Thanks very much for all your help.

This suggests the air intake and possibly mixing tube are dirty/blocked. They are accessed from under neath the fire unit itself. If the fire is mounted at floor level then it may be do-able from under the van but if the fire is mounted on a raised plinth then the fire needs to be removed to gain access. Not really a DIY job unless you really know what you're doing.

D.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just as a curiosity bearing in mind the same thing happened at Troon beach but not at Chester or Garstang I took the MH to a more sheltered location today and the fire worked and never blew out once in half an hour. Just must be very susceptible to the wind, must need a wind cowl or something?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
When was it last serviced? If not in the last year I would have it cleaned and tested by a "competant" person. (used to be "corgi" but now is something else) LPG devices need regular cleaning and service for safe operation. Its surprising what a little "beasties" can do in the wrong place dislodged Rust flakes or just general C****p .

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back