What Is The Best Way To Wind Up RV Owners? (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Got RV.... Love it

Mpg.. on LPG so more than happy, does a lot more to the gallon than[HI] the Ferrari I was going to buy[/HI]

Access.. never had a problem, most villages/ sites etc have to have HGV/ Service bus access if they can get so can I

Comfort.. in abundance twin aircon, 32'' HD tv with Sky HD, V large 4 door fridge/ freezer with ice maker, large shower[HI] (I am 6' 5")[/HI], dining table with seating for 4 on & on & on

At a recent valentines meet we had 13 friends all sat chatting & drinking in comfort no problem

It is whatever you are happy with and whatever suits your lifestyle/age/circumstances, It bothers me not one jot wether you have a quad slide 40' RV or a 1 man tent if you are with friends away from it all it's all FUN :thumb:
Would have been a bit of a struggle, Ferrari's were designed for wee Italians.:Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just got back from France,[HI] most towns have a 3.5t limit for town centres.[/HI]::bigsmile:

I must have broken the law a hundred times then when I had the 8.5ton RV.. :roflmto:

my understand, could be wrong of course , but the 3.5t limit only applied to commercial vehicles.. not camper vans or coaches.

Why do I say that ?

Well, I was going into a French town to find the aire, but saw the 3.5t sign and pulled up to look at the map.. then a luxury coach passed me and it ignored the sign and went into the town .. so I figured just to follow it.. when we reached the aire there was a coach park adjacent full of large coaches.. all a lot bigger than me ..

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
As over here the weight limits allow access :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
:thumb:eek:h come on does it matter which truck is best

each and everyone of us has what we want or can afford

in my case it takes ages
to get the mrs t to come away

thing is i wont go away on my own

so in essence im jealous of the lot of you

wouldnt matter doblo to winnebago no differance

if it did mean she would come away changes would be made
which ever way necassary:thumb:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Chepstow to Torquay = 109 miles x 2 = 218
Based on the numbers given, ist as follows:

You used 53.3 gallons to travel 218 miles so its just over 4 miles per gallon.

As you say, Insane..
and driven like a race car.......i get 10mpg on petrol, same motor and 7500kg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Given the choice, and [HI]money no object....
[/HI]
would you rather fly 'cattle' class or first class.

for that very reason, i drive first class :thumb:

agreed, if money no object John ..

but not many in that category, except bankers and ex lawyers :ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have always avoided RVs, not because I couldn't afford one, in fact many are cheaper than Euro vans, but I see size as one of the main compromises we have to make in motorhoming. While a huge van may be exrtremely comfortable, there is always a price in terms of where you can go. There are smaller RVs but most are still quite high and anything much over 3m is a problem on a lot of mountain roads for example. Even my van is not ideal as far as size is concerned as ideally should be less than 6m long, however we wanted the large washroom and permanent bed so again a compromise.

In the end we all compromise on what suits us best for our individual requirements, and I would think it very odd to consider someone a second class citizen just because their particular compromise is different to others.
In an ideal world we could all have a doblo that had all the features of a 45ft RV, but only Dr Who could manage that.:Smile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
:thumb:eek:h come on does it matter which truck is best

each and everyone of us has what we want or can afford

in my case it takes ages
to get the mrs t to come away

thing is i wont go away on my own

so in essence im jealous of the lot of you

wouldnt matter doblo to winnebago no differance

if it did mean she would come away changes would be made
which ever way necassary:thumb:

Bill

Is there anything that I or we can do to help? I am more than happy to do anything that would enable you and your misses to enjoy motorhoming.

Dave

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes BUTTONS is a master JJ has a lot to learn

After reading through all 21 pages (161 reply s) I have come to the conclusion :thumb:eek:ne word ::bigsmile: BUTTONS ::bigsmile::winky:
terry

I agree, BUTTONS is the best at it... JJ has a lot to learn... I suppose it is 'just like that' while JJ may use magic, Buttons has been working at it man and boy. Buttons is subtle in the way he has done it in the past.. not in your face, but sneaky (in the nicest way)... one day I will meet him... is he real?:cry:

But I think Craig and his Portugal remark hit the poor old JJ hard.... never mind JJ we all love you even when you are not nice to the RV owners.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My legal people say they can can not find any evidence that I have ever been unkind to RV owners, Bob...

I simply asked for advice should I ever want to wind one up...

JJ

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I was considering a big wooden spoon for JJ

I was considering a big wooden spoon for JJ... No good claiming it is in the small print JJ.... You are guilty as charged... Sentance is five more years in the wild swamps of Portugal.. With no time off to visit France.

:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I was considering a big wooden spoon for JJ... No good claiming it is in the small print JJ.... You are guilty as charged... Sentance is five more years in the wild swamps of Portugal.. With no time off to visit France.

Good to see good old British is as fair as always...

Innocent until proven guilty... ?

JJ

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Typical judgement from a magistrate/judge ::bigsmile: IGNORE the facts-you are guilty anyway :RollEyes: SENTENCE completely wrong for the crime committed :Doh:::bigsmile: Even though I think JJ is not guilty :Doh: where is the compassion :Eeek:

We could do with Bob sentencing a few others I can think of :Smile:
terry

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Typical judgement from a magistrate/judge ::bigsmile: IGNORE the facts-you are guilty anyway :RollEyes: SENTENCE completely wrong for the crime committed :Doh:::bigsmile: Even though I think JJ is not guilty :Doh: where is the compassion :Eeek:

We could do with Bob sentencing a few others I can think of :Smile:
terry

After a free pitch ? sounds like your'e sweet talking JJ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
After a free pitch ? sounds like your'e sweet talking JJ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
::bigsmile: Last time I conversed to JJ I had a open invitation to QMJ :winky: but we have never been abroad in the van nor have any plans soon :winky:
I comment only as I see it ::bigsmile:
terry

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
::bigsmile: Last time I conversed to JJ I had a open invitation to QMJ :winky: but we have never been abroad in the van nor have any plans soon :winky:
terry

Its great driving over there , the roads are excellent and quiet and the scenery :thumb::thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We have travelled extensively abroad :thumb: well over 100 times,but since getting a van never had the urge to go.I use the excuse of the dog but if it ever takes our fancy we know it is not a problem to overcome :winky:
terry

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
What is the best way to wind up RV owners? :Smile:

JJ :Cool:

Climb the six steps up onto the passenger deck and ask the driver if this is the next coach to leave for Stansted airport:winky:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
terry

Terry you would love it..........so relaxed:thumb:...over here in France:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Climb the six steps up onto the passenger deck and ask the driver if this is the next coach to leave for Stansted airport:winky:

You may jest but when we had the A Class Hurricane on more than one occasion we have been waved at by old ladies at bus stops ::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
now now Buttons

Now, now Buttons, I will have you know I only have two steps.. the electric one and the one in the door well and then you are on the level.... Some RV's are not massive.. as I have often said.. look at my RV in the pictures below ..red link.. let it open... as you can see not so different to an European.. but is james packed with goodies.. mine is 23'9"... If you look at Larryh's RV same thing, it may be 29' it is not tall but what it is got is why we go for them.

We may carry a VW for a spare I know.. but they are not much more use than that really are they Buttons:winky:

Never had anyone try to stop me and buy one.. but there are a few Europeans that has happened to... mainly Hymer owners .. look so much like ice-cream vans:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
SO Maggie:winky:..... if I just pack and wear a pair of trunks... saves on washing:Eeek:..that should cover most of the weather you have mentioned...wet, dry, windy (that could be B/Beans) and sunny.........that is if my slim Shape:Eeek:...(ooops there I go again thinking about the imposible!!) ODD shape should ever fit in a pair of trunks....that would be fine:thumb::Cool::winky:....it may cover the weather Maggie, it may not cover some parts of the belly...nothing wrong with my shape it is the companies that make the swimwear........May I say so as not to offend that this is just my opinion!!!:Doh::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

This reply may have to be edited!! if it offends anybody..........of the slimmer nature:Doh:

Mel
maybe this is more suitable Mel :winky:

Attachments

• bathing_suit.jpg
    bathing_suit.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 7

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
maybe this is more suitable Mel :winky:

John...what store did you see them.....was it....M&S...Scarborough..or the market at Skirlington!!...Gosh they look posh are they a new trend in Yorkshire:winky:......did they have different coloured stripes:winky:::bigsmile:...I could even double them up as Pyjamas... more weight saved.....soon I will be running empty nowt to take:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Mmm I will still have to keep the fishing gear in van...fixtures and fittings :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back