What Is The Best Way To Wind Up RV Owners? (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry Larry I totally disagree... green eyes don't come near to it. I also love 4/5* hotels and business class air travel, I would truly love to aspire to 1st class air travel but not just yet, However, when I am camping, the last thing on my wish list is a 55” sat TV a bidet or indeed your silver service cutlery, we don’t need a dishwasher. We go camping to get away from all these trappings. My favourite pastime is chatting to fellow campers at the site sinks. In my opinion slide out walls are just something else to bump your head on. No green eyes just personal choice.:thumb: Personally I wouldn't have an RV as a gift.:winky:

As I have already said on this thread an RV is my personal choice but that appears to be wrong :Doh:
I guess you are a young man and like to rough it, me I am past the roughing it stage and appreciate a degree of comfort :Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 38

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
When the temp at Park Verger dropped to -20 all the RV's black tanks froze up (even one which had a heater) It was quite satisfying seeing them all sneaking the bottles of pee out in the mornings as took my cassette out to empty. Summat to be said for Euroboxes eh? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
As I have already said on this thread an RV is my personal choice but that appears to be wrong :Doh:
I guess you are a young man and like to rough it, me I am past the roughing it stage and appreciate a degree of comfort :Smile:
I wish Larry, I probably have sons that are older than your good self, just young at heart :Cool: it is all just fun I promise you, no malice intended.:winky:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Sorry Larry I totally disagree... green eyes don't come near to it. I also love 4/5* hotels and business class air travel, I would truly love to aspire to 1st class air travel but not just yet, However, when I am camping, the last thing on my wish list is a 55” sat TV a bidet or indeed your silver service cutlery, we don’t need a dishwasher. We go camping to get away from all these trappings. My favourite pastime is chatting to fellow campers at the site sinks. In my opinion slide out walls are just something else to bump your head on. No green eyes just personal choice.:thumb: Personally I wouldn't have an RV as a gift[/COLOR].:winky:

I would and if anyones got one going free I'm your man.::bigsmile:
I've had 3 RVs and love em they just don't suit my style of travelling or my pocket anymore if they did I'd buy one tomorrow. Have to say when I owned Rvs I did get sick of the constant sniping from others about my choice of vehicle nothing to do with anyone else what I drive, but had the same when I owned a 4x4.
As it is I've chosen to go the eurovan route as it suits my current style of travelling and I'm very happy with it. But I also like travelling on my motorbike with just a tent on the back brilliant way to travel but not all the time and certainly not with Jan she loves the bike but refuses to sleep in a tent.
We should'nt belittle other peoples choices just because they're different to our own after all they're all just a means of travel which is what we all love.:thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
When the temp at Park Verger dropped to -20 all the RV's black tanks froze up (even one which had a heater) It was quite satisfying seeing them all sneaking the bottles of pee out in the mornings as took my cassette out to empty. Summat to be said for Euroboxes eh? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And then you woke up, right?

Craig

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
16 pages... Over 120 replies... Frankly, I am staggered...

As staggered as one or two people might be to see me posting at 5.30am...

Show business hey!

Good morning to all Funsters no matter what you drive/sleep in...

JJ

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
I would and if anyones got one going free I'm your man.::bigsmile:
I've had 3 RVs and love em they just don't suit my style of travelling or my pocket anymore if they did I'd buy one tomorrow. Have to say when I owned Rvs I did get sick of the constant sniping from others about my choice of vehicle nothing to do with anyone else what I drive, but had the same when I owned a 4x4.
As it is I've chosen to go the eurovan route as it suits my current style of travelling and I'm very happy with it. But I also like travelling on my motorbike with just a tent on the back brilliant way to travel but not all the time and certainly not with Jan she loves the bike but refuses to sleep in a tent.
We should'nt belittle other peoples choices just because they're different to our own after all they're all just a means of travel which is what we all love.:thumb:

Best post on here:thumb:
So you have had lots of RVs from a motorbike with a tent to an American motor home.
At the end of the day they are all Recreational Vehicles.
Happy RVing in whatever:Smile:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Best post on here:thumb:
So you have had lots of RVs from a motorbike with a tent to an American motor home.
At the end of the day [HI]they are all Recreational Vehicles.[/HI]
Happy RVing in whatever:Smile:

Hate to be pedantic but mine is not an recreational vehicle... mine is my home... there in lies the big (or small) difference... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
Hate to be pedantic but mine is not an recreational vehicle... mine is my home... there in lies the big (or small) difference... :thumb:

We have a lot of friends that live in their RVs and use them for Recrational use also.
So what do you do for your Hols?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

Can you imagine it if everyone used there camper/RV for this purpose JJ. Every lay bye and backstreet would be chocker block full and there would be no infrastructure as nobody would be paying for anything ie water,sewage,electricity. There would be complete anarchy as no police. You should be thanking RV owners for using there RVs for recreational purposes and not winding them up.:Blush:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Well what a thread this has turned out to be!

Whatever we own, it's better than that one, isn't it? It's the best thing since sliced bread! And no-one is going to alter our minds.

Mine I bought, because it's what we wanted as a family, at that time. I can afford to buy it, run it, maintain it, insure it, tax it, and treasure it. I do not give a jot what anyone else thinks about it. It is everything we wanted, and more.

Yes it's big, and it's comfortable. It's our choice, and we are happy with that. We could save fuel costs by getting a much smaller PVC, but that would be impractical, so, pointless. We could sit at home and save all fuel costs, how boring would that be?

Exploring small country lanes, are a no no with an RV. The same with any other large MH.

Nothing is going to be ideal, and nothing is going to be perfect, for everyone who likes motorhomes and touring.

The first thing I am asked on site is, "what does it do to a gallon"? My reply is, "exactly the same as yours sat here". Who cares what it does to a gallon? Why are we obsessed with the maximum mpg? We are here once, and once only, let's all enjoy it.

Craig.

p.s. How do you wind up someone with a piece of wasteland in Portugal?

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
Well what a thread this has turned out to be!

Whatever we own, it's better than that one, isn't it? It's the best thing since sliced bread! And no-one is going to alter our minds.

Mine I bought, because it's what we wanted as a family, at that time. I can afford to buy it, run it, maintain it, insure it, tax it, and treasure it. I do not give a jot what anyone else thinks about it. It is everything we wanted, and more.

Yes it's big, and it's comfortable. It's our choice, and we are happy with that. We could save fuel costs by getting a much smaller PVC, but that would be impractical, so, pointless. We could sit at home and save all fuel costs, how boring would that be?

Exploring small country lanes, are a no no with an RV. The same with any other large MH.

Nothing is going to be ideal, and nothing is going to be perfect, for everyone who likes motorhomes and touring.

The first thing I am asked on site is, "what does it do to a gallon"? My reply is, "exactly the same as yours sat here". Who cares what it does to a gallon? Why are we obsessed with the maximum mpg? We are here once, and once only, let's all enjoy it.

Craig.

p.s. How do you wind up someone with a piece of wasteland in Portugal?

Smack your wrist Craig, :ROFLMAO:

You have just done the same as JJ did and set out to upset all owners of wasteland in Portugal.

But I liked the post and agree:thumb:

Shirl.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I don't know a great deal about Motorhomes or RV's but it seems to me once you are on site nothing compares to the comforts of an RV. Some of those interiors are fantastic.:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
We have a lot of friends that live in their RVs and use them for Recreational use also.
So what do you do for your Hols?

well you have heard of 2 jags....
jj has 2 m/homes
1 the stealth wagon - used for daily living
and
1 classic hymer - highdays and holidays

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
AND SO DID OUR BRITISH ,AT HOME and ON THE FIELDS;Alf.:whatthe:

Naturally I cannot forget that and our colonial brothers, Australians, Canadians etc and I am forever grateful to them but the question was asked about Americans and that was my answer :Smile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Sorry to jump on your thread JJ.........
But

Does anybody know what the WEATHER is going to be like in

APRIL...:winky:

MAY....:winky:

JUNE.....:winky:

JULY....:winky:

AUGUST....:winky:

SEPTEMBER.....:winky:

IN THAT ORDER PLEASE!!!!!!....
And none of your silly talk...
Thank you for your kind Replies:thumb

Mel:

Last edited:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Does anybody know what the WEATHER is going to be like in

APRIL...:winky: sunny, cold,showers

MAY....:winky: warmer, sunny showers

JUNE.....:winky: warmer, sunny

JULY....:winky:, kids on holiday so wet, predominately grey skies occasional blue one

AUGUST....:winky: same as july

SEPTEMBER.....:winky:, sunny - kids back at school

IN THAT ORDER PLEASE!!!!!!....
And none of your silly talk...
Thank you for your kind Replies:thumb

Mel:

:Blush::Blush:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks Maggie.....:winky::Cool:

SO Maggie:winky:..... if I just pack and wear a pair of trunks... saves on washing:Eeek:..that should cover most of the weather you have mentioned...wet, dry, windy (that could be B/Beans) and sunny.........that is if my slim Shape:Eeek:...(ooops there I go again thinking about the imposible!!) ODD shape should ever fit in a pair of trunks....that would be fine:thumb::Cool::winky:....it may cover the weather Maggie, it may not cover some parts of the belly...nothing wrong with my shape it is the companies that make the swimwear........May I say so as not to offend that this is just my opinion!!!:Doh::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

This reply may have to be edited!! if it offends anybody..........of the slimmer nature:Doh:

Mel

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
SO Maggie:winky:..... if I just pack and wear a pair of trunks:Eeek:..that should cover most of the weather you have mentioned...wet, dry, windy (that could be B/Beans) and sunny.........that is if my slim Shape:Eeek:...(ooops there I go again thinking about the imposible!!) ODD shape should ever fit in a pair of trunks....that would be fine:thumb::Cool::winky:....it may cover the weather Maggie, it may not cover some parts of the belly...nothing wrong with my shape it is the companies that make the swimwear........May I say so as not to offend that this is just my opinion!!!:Doh::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

This reply may have to be edited!! if it offends anybody..........of the slimmer nature:Doh:

Mel

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
now as a seasoned camper/motorhomer Mel you should know to pack clothing for every eventuality, hopefully in Europe the weather is kinder than in the UK.

So trunks, with one of those (rain) ponchos (in a bag) and some crocs should be ok :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Got RV.... Love it

Mpg.. on LPG so more than happy, does a lot more to the gallon than the Ferrari I was going to buy

Access.. never had a problem, most villages/ sites etc have to have HGV/ Service bus access if they can get so can I

Comfort.. in abundance twin aircon, 32'' HD tv with Sky HD, V large 4 door fridge/ freezer with ice maker, large shower (I am 6' 5"), dining table with seating for 4 on & on & on

At a recent valentines meet we had 13 friends all sat chatting & drinking in comfort no problem

It is whatever you are happy with and whatever suits your lifestyle/age/circumstances, It bothers me not one jot wether you have a quad slide 40' RV or a 1 man tent if you are with friends away from it all it's all FUN :thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
now as a seasoned camper/motorhomer Mel you should know to pack clothing for every eventuality, hopefully in Europe the weather is kinder than in the UK.

So trunks, with one of those (rain) ponchos (in a bag) and some crocs should be ok :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thank you Maggie, I have taken note of your advice:thumb: I was trying to cut down on weight.........................................................................................pay........ load I mean

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I once owned a Jeep Cherokee (4 litre) which had LPG - not again. 100 litre LPG tanks only fill to 80% - takes ages to fill and you spend so much time on petrol looking for LPG stations. Range of the 100 litre tank - 200 miles with a 4 litre engine. My 2.8JTD Fiat does about 400 miles on a tank full. I bought a motorhome to enjoy, not to worry about the cost of fuel or spend so much time looking for it or filling it - or the weight limit. Just got back from France, most towns have a 3.5t limit for town centres.::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
there was a way to upset Rv owners, but now maybe sorted.
Invite them to QMJ and watch them get stuck between the trees:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back