What Is The Best Way To Wind Up RV Owners? (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
i feel more for the rapido owners club having to put up with shiftzz :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OI !!! Aba:Eeek:.....Shitzz is the Treasurer.........OF THE WELSH RAPIDO'S Owners club......!!!! although the membership does NOW seem to be on a decline.... downhill slide.....(Peak's and Trough's)....(Hills and Valleys).??????:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We did 2000 miles in our 10t RV; heavy but with a light foot and we managed to average 9.9mpg in an 8.1L Vortec (Petrol)

A bit better than me I did 30000 same weight same engine averaged just over 8mpg
I had a front engine diesel Rv that if driven very very careful could do 14mpg but could go down to 8mpg if driven hard. I also had a 2008 V10 Ford Jesus that thing was unbelievable only had it 8 months got rid don't know what the mpg was i was too scared to work it out but a trip from Chepstow to Torquay and back cost £320 never drove it again, lovelly vehicle but at £6 a gallon it was insane. Cheaper to stay in a hotel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Thousands of Americans died for us in our war 1939 -45 :Sad:

Not so...

US joined WW II on December 8th, 1941 not 1939 and as far as I know and we only finish paying them back in 2006.

The number of Brits killed in friendly fire would be an intereresting question..

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Is it? "Can you tow my front wheel drive, rear wheel loaded motorhome, off this damp grass please? My wheels keep spinning round:Doh:

I love all vans to be honest as I hate hotels in the main. So lets all "love the Van" and celebrate our differences. It is like religion. Doesn't matter what I believe is right or wrong, doesn't make me right or wrong, simply what I believe right now. I may change my mind in the future? I may not!

Lyn and I have four boys and two big dogs, three of the boys were teenagers at the same time and the fourth a baby.

Imagine: five bikes, one pram, one cot, five sets of snorkelling gear, five pairs of fins, if everyone took three pairs of shoes (including Lyn? yeah like) fifteen pairs of shoes, the hot water needed, the toilet capacity etc etc

Nope the only way for us was an RV and you do sorta get used to the comfort, space and convenience to be honest.

Pull up, push a button and the hydraulic jacks level the van, press another button and the lounge and galley slide out, another button sildes the bedroom extension out. Grab a handful of ice from the automatic ice maker and pour a couple of stiff G&T's.

All this done whilst you mate is still trying to burn his clutch out getting up his bright yellow wheel levellers!

No contest really!:ROFLMAO:

Eddie

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
A bit better than me I did 30000 same weight same engine averaged just over 8mpg
I had a front engine diesel Rv that if driven very very careful could do 14mpg but could go down to 8mpg if driven hard. I also had a 2008 V10 Ford Jesus that thing was unbelievable only had it 8 months got rid don't know what the mpg was i was too scared to work it out but a trip from Chepstow to Torquay and back cost £320 never drove it again, lovelly vehicle but at £6 a gallon it was insane. Cheaper to stay in a hotel.

Chepstow to Torquay = 109 miles x 2 = 218
Based on the numbers given, ist as follows:

You used 53.3 gallons to travel 218 miles so its just over 4 miles per gallon.

As you say, Insane..

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Broken Link Removed

shitzz "WHY" is John's (Road runners RV) that is on the top of that toad...Whoooops sorry I got that wrong.. low loader....leaning to one side, is it "A" smaller tyres down one side, because he could not get the original speck tyres!!! or is it because the smaller ones are a cheaper size ?....or.."B" they had to let the air out of the tyres down one side so it would go under a low bridge..or...."C" Do they all drive/ ride like that so when the other side of the RV sits in the gutter with the road camber it levels the RV back to Normal:Doh::winky:

Mel

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Not so...

US joined WW II on December 8th, 1941 not 1939 and as far as I know and we only finish paying them back in 2006.

The number of Brits killed in friendly fire would be an intereresting question..

I only quoted the period of WW2 not the time the Americans were involved, I understand that in that time 1000s of them died ! and I am grateful for that !

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Chepstow to Torquay = 109 miles x 2 = 218
Based on the numbers given, ist as follows:

You used 53.3 gallons to travel 218 miles so its just over 4 miles per gallon.

As you say, Insane..

Not quite correct as we live a few miles from miles from Chepstow and I've just checked on route finder its 288 miles round trip so 5.5 mpg but still insane. We were running at 60 mph which is the same as we drive the Hymer with the m/bike in the garage and we get 24mpg so the same trip 12 gallons at £6 = £72 no contest :thumb: I can afford to travel again just.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Not quite correct as we live a few miles from miles from Chepstow and I've just checked on route finder its 288 miles round trip so 5.5 mpg but still insane. We were running at 60 mph which is the same as we drive the Hymer with the m/bike in the garage and we get 24mpg so the same trip 12 gallons at £6 = £72 no contest :thumb: I can afford to travel again just.
Out of interest I did a quick comparison for 288 miles in my pretend motorhome and it would cost just £40 but that is travelling at 70 mph when possible.
:thumb: 5.5 mpg ouch!!!:whatthe:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just replaced the diesel we used for the Chester trip and made a note of the mileage just as a matter of interest. It came out at 27.98 mpg which isn't bad for a mixture of road conditions including motorway, town and up & down some steep hills.

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Talk about cost of replacement tyres and windscreens!!!!

However when full timing, compared to a similar sized house the cost of maintaining a RV is probably cheaper!!!

One all I think!

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Talk about cost of replacement tyres and windscreens!!!!

However when full timing, compared to a similar sized house the cost of maintaining a RV is probably cheaper!!!

One all I think!

Not really a fair comparison, but as you have stated it, may I suggest that another comparison between a similar sized house and an RV would be depreciation...

Besides Jim and Old Mo's manions the normal expectation would be that houses increase in value and I would bet my last 10p that the value of RV's will not. I can predict that in 5 years time when petrol is £12 a litre then RV's will be as popular as JJ at Old Trafford.

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long
ruff ruff

RV s for those that appreciate 5* comfort and total reliability are one ::bigsmile:

Oh no missus, like to rough it! Keeps us fit, flexible and happy at 66.
Got all the essentials,large made up double bed, large gas cooker, musik, shelf full of books, aires guide, tom tom, maps and wine, wine, wine and, oh yes, Spanish brandy. Not a t/v screen in sight.

Windy road, wind thru my thinning grey locks, sunglasses on, watta life.....:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
You cant wind an rv owner up, they have got what they want with space and comfort and when it comes to fuel well what can i say - we all use it
rv does in the region 10-15mpg from what is stated some do less some might do more but look at the size, weight, comfort and space
euro motorhome does in the region of 25mpg some reckon more some reckon less - thats terrible when comparing the difference in size,weight, comfort and space to an rv.
towing trailers/a-frames
rv doesnt make a tad of difference to mpg
euro motorhome - opps your getting slightly less mpg

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
... Renault Magnum 480hp, running at 40t+, to Greece through Belgium,Lux,Germany,Austria,Italy: never far off 11.5mpg.

:winky:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no from Jeep

" As the words on the side of my RV says... .... if we had to explain you would never understand...... it is an American thing"
Pinched from Harley Davidson:Smile:

It came from the Jeep advert not the Harley advert.. that pinched from Jeep.

Bob:Blush:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Buttons will be along soon... he seems to manage very well without trying:thumb:

He's good, aint he?

The daily emptying of your little cassettes of poo? or the daily process of topping up your minuscule fresh water tank with a few more drops?

If neither of those, could it be the constant "Borrow"

"You have an ice maker could we have some ice" or "You have loads of storage, if we buy this will you take it home for us?" or the classic "Can we watch this in your van as it looks better on your 42" Plasma TV"

Is it any of these?:ROFLMAO:

Eddie

Not much point leaving home.

" As the words on the side of my RV says... .... if we had to explain you would never understand...... [HI]it is an American thing[/HI]"
Pinched from Harley Davidson:Smile:

Is that supposed to mean it's good?
Misguided.

Thousands of Americans died for us in our war 1939 -45 :Sad:

Nothing to do with the thread, Larry.
So did thousands of Indians, but we dont like their call centres.
keep it fun mate.

[HI]You cant wind an rv owner up[/HI], euro motorhome - opps your getting [HI]slightly [/HI]less mpg

Of course you can wind them up, especially the so called "5er" owners who use the term because they dont like the term "caravan", which is what they are.
If campsite operators were realistic and charged for the actul space they take up, they would bite.

"Slightly" less mpg?
Turn it up.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
thats the word.. plant

And here's me trying to think of something that comes out of the Sevel plant in Italy that's attractive. Snap!

Craig

Craig.. I spent ages trying to think what it was about Fiats delivery vans grafted with a caravan on the back.. silly me.. plant of course... made in a Italian plant and look like a lump of plant (machinery)... only joking.. before you eurobox, ice-cream van owners start to cry and get up set.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now a Winnebago is built ground up as an RV... all RV's are well over spec.. have massive chassis and power to pull them.. never heard of an RV juddering when it goes backwards up hill. I suppose that is the quality.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
or they used Buttons hand book

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I have to agree with that I keep seeing "I get 30 mpg" from a Fiat.
Well I don't no matter how I drive mine the best it does is 24/25mpg
I recently saw someone quote over 30mpg on a merc M/home :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: must be pushing it or constantly knocking it out of gear.

:hardhat::hardhat::hardhat:

Could be they were working it out the way Buttons did in his hand book.. last shout was he got 99 mpg on his VW roller skate.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
back on to Apple Mac's almost as good as A frames

Like the Apple computer, maybe? Or Microsoft if you're that way inclined?

Craig

Apple computers.. almost as good as A frames.... as enjoyable as bashing Buttons VW or JJ's Hymer and the other tin box he has.... been a bit boring on here of late.. I love a good bun fight...

Bob:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
not another Daily mail story Shifty?

Link Removed

A-petrol-pump-001.jpg

DSC_00013.jpg

No-RV-Parking-Sign-K-8869.gif

Broken Link Removed

A blonde goes to a restaurant, buys a coffee and sits down to drink it. She looks on the side of her cup and finds a peel off prize label. She pulls off the tab and yells, "I WON! I WON! I WON a motor home, I WON a motor home!"

The waitress runs over and says, "That's impossible. The biggest prize given away was a mini van!"

The blonde replies, "No. I WON A motor home, I WON a motor home!"

By this time the manager makes his way over to the table and says, "You couldn't possibly have won a motor home because we didn't have that as a prize!"

Again the blonde says, "No, no mistake, I WON a motor home, I WON a motor home!"

The blonde hands the prize ticket to the manager and he reads, "WIN A BAGEL."

This year’s runaway First Place Stella Award winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, hav ing driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver’s seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner’s manual that she couldn’t actually leave the driver’s seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down, $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home.

V
V
V
I know its not true, but still funny...

Not another DM story Shifty... I bet you had to dig deep to find this so out of date and un true story... I had high hopes you would have debated the issue like a gentleman and not have to go and dig up a DM tale... oh well never mind...

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It came from the Jeep advert not the Harley advert.. that pinched from Jeep.
Are you sure it wasn't the NASA’s space shuttles Bob. Remember those? They were the costly, huge badly designed American people carriers that never lived up to expectations either, had a bad habit of using the entire payload of fuel just getting to their destination and were recently scrapped without a replacement.:ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
You cant wind an rv owner up, they have got what they want with space and comfort and when it comes to fuel well what can i say - we all use it
rv does in the region 10-15mpg from what is stated some do less some might do more but look at the size, weight, comfort and space
euro motorhome does in the region of 25mpg some reckon more some reckon less - thats terrible when comparing the difference in size,weight, comfort and space to an rv.
towing trailers/a-frames
rv doesnt make a tad of difference to mpg
euro motorhome - opps your getting slightly less mpg

There is a strong smell of.. Bull-s**t: around here:Eeek::Doh::winky:..somebody must be muck spreading.....is it that time of Year already...:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..it looks like the RV-Yanks are getting wound up JJ or should I say running out of Juice:cry-smile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::reel::reel::reel: Now where!! did I put that list of that next filling station......maybe I can download a link onto my TomTom to show me the next filling station and the next filling station and the next filling station....................
Mel

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
He's good, aint he?

Not much point leaving home.

Is that supposed to mean it's good?
Misguided.

Nothing to do with the thread, Larry.
So did thousands of Indians, but we dont like their call centres.
keep it fun mate.

Of course you can wind them up, especially the so called "5er" owners who use the term because they dont like the term "caravan", which is what they are.
If campsite operators were realistic and charged for the actul space they take up, they would bite.

"Slightly" less mpg?
Turn it up.

I believe the question was asked " what good has come from USA "
that was my response to it !

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Not another DM story Shifty... I bet you had to dig deep to find this so out of date and un true story... I had high hopes you would have debated the issue like a gentleman and not have to go and dig up a DM tale... oh well never mind...

Correct Bob, its not a DM story,but, having said that, Harley Davidson is not all that American, just second generation Jocks and a bod from Cambridgeshire..

Bob, I did say that it was untrue, please read the post again...

Have you considered what your carbon footprint is with all that power hugry vehicle/lifestyle?

Question... When in a few years, you and your good lady are both pensioners with a lot more time on your hands, will you be so keen to 'pop' off in the RV especially when fuel prices are going to increase at an alarming rate, or will you end up, sitting in the RV on your drive, shutters closed, listening to the Beach Boys and drinking Miller lite, whilst hooked up to 230v mains supplied by a French Company?

Ah yes the American Dream has to continue, a vulgar country, full of vulgar people with absolute zero class..
A nation who consumes 21% of the worlds energy :Doh:

"Hey your from Europe right?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back