What is "Living the Dream" to you? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Till 14 years ago we were chasing the dream hard, we worked 18 hours a day at our business chasing it, no rest, we even chased it on Christmas days. We were relentless in pursuit of it, even though to be honest we were not even sure what it was. Perversly the bigger we got, the more success came our way, the more hassle and stress and we enjoyed it less.

A chain of events made us re-evaluate, we sold up and moved to the middle of nowhere, all that stress, gone in an instant. We've been pretty much in clover ever since, appreciating the little things. We now live it rather than chase it. Life is good. :)

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Well said,value it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Bill that post you made on page 2 nearly brought me to tears.... no more please - that was very moving, i nearly had a salty discharge from my eyes :cry::cry:

maxine and jo

Free Member
Sep 16, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1980
Till 14 years ago we were chasing the dream hard, we worked 18 hours a day at our business chasing it, no rest, we even chased it on Christmas days. We were relentless in pursuit of it, even though to be honest we were not even sure what it was. Perversly the bigger we got, the more success came our way, the more hassle and stress and we enjoyed it less.

A chain of events made us re-evaluate, we sold up and moved to the middle of nowhere, all that stress, gone in an instant. We've been pretty much in clover ever since, appreciating the little things. We now live it rather than chase it. Life is good. :)
Our dream started in 2003 ,when like yourself sing the tune to the man finally go to much! soooo we did away with"Only fools and horses " and went for "Darling buds of may" and moved to Spain, it took 8 months to find our dream but now we work to live . At weekend we pack the van and travel the 5klm to the beach and do a bit of "freeloading" and then travel home again on sunday for work ,at work everyday i see the most beautiful views and the people i have to deal with are so happy because they are on they holls it really is "PERFICK" my views on the 5 wheeler is an old song my gran use to sing "Oh give me land lots of land under starry skies above don't fence me in Let me ride through the wide open country that i love don't fence me in.:whistle:

max:)

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Being happy more than you're not put simply. I appreciate everyday how fortunate at our ages we were to be able to escape the ratrace (which we enjoyed for much of our careers). We are full timing and have been for coming up 7 years and spend lots of time with the people we love/ like most in the world.

Adding Misty to our family nearly 2 years ago added more joy than I could have ever guessed as well, we always wanted a dog but couldn't when we were both working long hours. And what I love about this lifestyle is the interesting people you meet and turn in to friends while visiting favourite and new places.

A little more money in the bank would not go amiss but apart from that I'd say we are living our dream, we just didn't know what it was until we started doing it.

Obviously life gets in the way of "happy" sometimes but that does not stop us appreciating the good things.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
At the moment,dreaming peacefully
image.jpg

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
If I lived the dream I had last night, I would probably be arrested or beaten up by Mariella Frosthrup and Joanna Lumley's husbands...

JJ :cool:

So which one pushed back hardest JJ, Mariella's or Joanna's husband? :)

D.

I saw this ! And I think you are now going to DREAM those pics I show you yesterday!Not sending them !!:sneaky:

If Frankie read your dream you may be lucky to Live at all:boxing::whistle2::whistle2::whistle2::rofl:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I'm sure living the dream this morning...suck on the M6 for 2 hours whilst they clean up an accident. ..:sleep:

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
As Sir John Mills said , wake in the morning, check the obituaries in the Paper, if I am not there we are all ok
the dream is on however you wish to fulfil it. Get away whenever possible, globe trot to places on the Bucket List ,enjoy the grandchildren and your friends and family.

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
arriving on site, setup in 5 minutes if I take my time, glass of red - then watch a tugger setting up for 30 mins - nothing cheers me up quite so much.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back