What is best for waterproofing underside wooden floor of motorhome?

Discussion in 'Compass Motorhomes' started by Calypso a go go, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Calypso a go go

Calypso a go go Funster

Hi,
    Have made and fitted new splash guards to stop the floor getting soaked by roads pray. Everything is drying out nicely, what is the best solution,product,method etc for sealing the exposed underfloor wooden surface.

Its going to coincide with tank removal for cleaning and inspection, so may as well do best for it.

Thanks

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

I would use Waxoyl with a spray gun/lance but make sure the floor is COMPLETELY dry or you'll just seal in any moisture.
    Do the whole of the underfloor including chassis and inside any box section steel.
    Messy job but worth it in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

hard to beat waxoyl and its available in clear or black. I prefer to do floors in black but chassis in clear. just keep it away from the exhaust

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

My Hymer was Waxoyled from new .. I have a receipt from the previous owner.. but it still suffered wood rot on the floor behind one of the rear wheels ..

I have since repaired, and treated the repair with Hammerite Underseal.. http://www.halfords.com/motoring/pa...oval-treatment/hammerite-underbody-seal-500ml
    it also contains Waxoyl..

not saying it's better than Waxoyl, only time will tell.. but it is recommended by Peter Hambilton

thread here http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...der-garage-floor-at-rear-corner.130639/page-2

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016