what insurance cover?

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Goldenoldies, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Goldenoldies

Goldenoldies Funster

Have got the motorhome Swift Suntor 530lp now big headache with insurance,so far six quotes and Safeguard seem best covering
    everything,anyone had any experiance with these? Is it best to include breakdown cover or get it when needed.

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

I am with them with breakdown cover, also c & c club they update your RAC to include your MH, not used either touch wood but there incase. Pete :thumb::thumb:

3. aba

aba

i have been with safeguard since getting the motorhome and have had no problems they seem to be very helpful and its almost a personal service you receive from them.
    break down cover is included free with my policy with them.

4. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

5. Bluemooner

Bluemooner Funster Life Member

Just got my first Motorhome insurance with comfort they do an old for new for the first 2 years or 12,000 miles so no need for gap insurance

Andy

6. Gunner29

Gunner29 Read Only Funster

toss up

It was a toss up between Comfort and Safeguard but we chose Comfort:thumb: Price was roughly the same but I think it was the amount of excess that swung it Always read the small print!!:thumb:

7. lorger

lorger Funster

Im with Safegaurd due for renewal next week and looks like i will be going with them again

8. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

were with safeguard and have been for years with excellent service...if you dont claim in the first few months they actually give you cash back. This varies if they have a promotion or if you haggle for more on renewal or taking out the policy. most ive had is £75 and the least £25, but its often between £40 and £50. so in effect you can discount that from the cost of the years premium

9. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

Try caravan guard just insured my A class for £297 inc European breakdown cover.

Norman

10. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Just left Caravan guard to Comfort, after 2 years from new they banged my premium up £50 despite my m/h moving from the new for old bracket, 2000 miles per annum an another years no claims and whacking up the excess from 200 to £300. When the renewal came in and I said I would shop around their attitude was you must do what you must do, don't believe in customer loyalty, I just saved £70 by switching!!

11. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

We're with Safeguard, we missed out on a promotion that they had by a couple of days when we bought the van new. But upon renewal, we mentioned this to them and they discounted ours by £25 to make it £320 per year, this covers breakdown for the UK and Europe, Homestart, Relay

They were excellent when a van carrying ladders, reversed into the side of us. We needed a new side window, panel beating on the side, new decals etc. All in all, we've been very pleased with them.:thumb:

12. Gunner29

Gunner29 Read Only Funster

Comfort

I looked up Comfort on line and got a decent quote but as the renewal was a month away I didn't take However I saved it and when I tried again nearer to the date, it had gone up. I phoned therm and they honoured the first quote as it was inside the 14 day period. So far I haven't had to use them (Touch wood):thumb: