What if any tv channels could we expect? (1 Viewer)

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
We are of to France beginning of June and have bog standard arieal hooked up to a didgy tv.
Would we get any reception at all for local tv?
Not that bothered as has dvd but just curious incase weather is pump:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Go for it !!

I am in Spain at the moment and I can get about 80 Spanish channels...The weather on the news programmes is useful and I get to watch Arsenal matches and Man.City games.
( OK> JJ ? ) the day after . And some of the bullfights on Castellon TV !!!
I generally just watch the sport...Last year I watched most of the formula 1 races in France and Portugal !!....So, yes give it a go...If it's raining ( bright warm sunshine at the moment !) then it's something to do if you can't find the bottle opener !!!...Stephen. :ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you cant find any channels then try changing the tv/digi box mode to SECAM or AUTO....
you can usually do this in the tv's menu.

i dont know if they still use this system but worth a try.

SECAM - Système Électronique pour Couleur avec Mèmoire.

Developed in France and first used in 1967. It uses a 625-line vertical, 50-line horizontal display. Different types use different video bandwidth and audio carrier specifications. Types B and D are usually used for VHF. Types G, H, and K are used for UHF. Types I, N, M, K1 and L are used for both VHF and UHF. These different types are generally not compatible with one another. SECAM is sometimes irreverently referred to as "Something Essentially Contrary to the American Method" or "SEcond Color Always Magenta."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We did not try our TV until the South of France and now were are in the East of Spain, in both places we have picked up loads of digital channels including Sony TV. For a lot of the day and certainly the evening they play American and English series in 'English' funnily enough they call them by Spanish titles but a few examples... Married with Children, The Naked Truth, Silent Witness etc and so on. Because I have not watched any of those at home.... very handy. Jane :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We did not try our TV until the South of France and now were are in the East of Spain, in both places we have picked up loads of digital channels including Sony TV. For a lot of the day and certainly the evening they play American and English series in 'English' funnily enough they call them by Spanish titles but a few examples... Married with Children, The Naked Truth, Silent Witness etc and so on. Because I have not watched any of those at home.... very handy. Jane :Smile:

that just reminded me.....

my sis in law, lives in castilion, has a tv with the ability to play tv program audio in spanish and the original language of the program.
not all programs but many films etc.

possibly the spanish transmit both languages simultaniously and if your receiver has the ability to switch then the choice is yours or with a uk tv it may automaticaly receive english..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back